Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    Wow, the first part of that machinima was bad. They just picked all the random horde players they could find to kill off some NPCs - note the many blood elf paladins, or undead in pink robes...

And that's the entire first part.
    Agreed, that they even mention this in the same sentance as Tales of the Past, which was more then Legendary, is just.. NO.
    Will watch the other 4 parts when I'v calmed down.. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Jontus View Post
    So basically we should get someone to 1 less shard and fragment needed, as well as the pieces for Thunderfury and Sulfuas pre cata launch, then farm the hell out of BT and Sunwell. Awesome! Wait no that's not.

Looks like the way to go.

You get your FOS for equipping the item. So you can make Sulfuras and Thunderfury before cataclysm, then equip them after launch.
    This seems awfully convoluted.

I don't see why any legendary your guild already has couldn't count towards the achievement.

Ok guys we have 3 thunderfuries, 2 sulfuras' 4 Shadowmournes, 2 Val'anyrs, 2 sets of War Glavies (that's 2 sets of 2), 1 sunwell bow. But not a single one counts for the guild achievement. Fuck, guess what we are doing when we aren't raiding new content.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Looks like the way to go.

You get your FOS for equipping the item. So you can make Sulfuras and Thunderfury before cataclysm, then equip them after launch.
    This seems awfully convoluted.

I don't see why any legendary your guild already has couldn't count towards the achievement.

Ok guys we have 3 thunderfuries, 2 sulfuras' 4 Shadowmournes, 2 Val'anyrs, 2 sets of War Glavies (that's 2 sets of 2), 1 sunwell bow. But not a single one counts for the guild achievement. Fuck, guess what we are doing when we aren't raiding new content.
    They say they didn't want to give things away easily, I cannot even imagine why you complain about this.
    WotLK have been so insanly faceroll and that is making me sick.
    I LOVE that you have to farm for this again, finally you have to WORK for items and mounts instead of just getting them for free 2 days after Launch, because that's pretty much what you want.
    Anyone who disagrees with me should be ashamed if they concider themselves hardcore players.
    I'm saying this because I do not want WotLK all over again, as soon as naxx was over.. no1 raided it.
    As soon as Ulduar was over, only like 5% continued raiding it, then with ToC it was just farm for anyone who was newly dinged to get easy epics and achivements so they could later on progress into ICC with total lack of knowledge of any previous content.
    Last edited by Sonoka; 2010-08-18 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    I hope the post about Dark Phoenix will stop all the QQ about Blizz giving away mounts.
    Lol, it probably won't be too hard to farm that content at 85... Ulduar isn't even hard anymore and Icecrown isn't really either, LK is puggable with this 30% buff (on some servers).
    Last edited by Killsyah; 2010-08-18 at 08:14 AM.

Getting another Valanyr will be a pita

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killsyah View Post
    Lol, it probably won't be too hard to farm that content at 85... Ulduar isn't even hard anymore and Icecrown shouldn't be either, LK is puggable with this 30% buff (on some servers).
    And obviously, this^.
    It wont be that hard anymore, just require some farm and WORK.
    This is what I miss! I hope they don't screw this up and just gives the mount to any guild that alraedy has the legendarys.
    That would be insanly stupid and ignorant of they way that their game once was and should be once again.

EDIT: Also, I do like that they finally give elemental a real shield to use (=
    Also probably improving earthquake, nice one.
    Last edited by Sonoka; 2010-08-18 at 08:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you have read, that the phoenix is not bound to exactly this achievement? It was only mentioned as example because obviously there are not even remotely all guild achievements implemented/developed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the "news". Jesse is on the front page!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    But you have read, that the phoenix is not bound to exactly this achievement? It was only mentioned as example because obviously there are not even remotely all guild achievements implemented/developed.
    Yup, this^

People in this forum have a really serious lack of reading skills, that's frightening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got done watching that Machinima, and I gotta say... I'm not impressed.

The voice acting was lousy, the volume of the voices were poor, the story is boring and pretty dumb, the captions look like they weren't spell checked at all, and it all feels rushed. They could have done much better than this.

EDIT: Btw, it doesn't make any sense at all for the horde to just pick up and follow Gul'dan with no reason. It makes even less sense that Thrall, Craine, Lor'themar, Sylvanas, and Vol'jin don't do anything about it at all. "Follow me and I'll give you freedom."? Bull shit, the horde isn't that dumb.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-08-18 at 08:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just have to say those movies were horrible... the girl has to be the worst voice actor ever!

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure having to farm old content legendary weapons isn't the requirement for obtaining The Dark Phoenix mount considering Blizz stated that they were just using the "We Are Legendary" achievement as an example for getting the mount. People are already acting like that example is the actual way of obtaining it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Yeah I have, but I'm talking about everything involving guild achviements, it should be extremley ahrd no matter which item it is.. with maybe an exception for the heirloom items which I don't really care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay you finally posted somthing from jesse cox :P

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    Second part of the movie is even worse. "A guild named Nihilum was sent to pursue..." really?
    Fail.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

We are legendary is a pain in the ass...
    if that would be the requirement for the mount...
    Haha that will stop it being the new celestial steed

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotik View Post
    I just have to say those movies were horrible... the girl has to be the worst voice actor ever!

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure having to farm old content legendary weapons isn't the requirement for obtaining The Dark Phoenix mount considering Blizz stated that they were just using the "We Are Legendary" achievement as an example for getting the mount. People are already acting like that example is the actual way of obtaining it.
    Yeah I know, but I'm standing with what I said.
    Farming the legendarys again should be obligatory for completing the achivement.
    Wether it gives you a mount or a tabard or even a banner that gives you "10% lolz".
    Get it?
    If however the mount should be easier or harder, I don't care.
    My point is made to the legendary achivement itself, even tho I may have mentioned the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotik View Post

Personally, I hope We are legendary is requirement of getting the mount. I just feel any legendaries your guild currently has, should count towards the We are legendary achievement.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Personally, I hope We are legendary is requirement of getting the mount. I just feel any legendaries your guild currently has, should count towards the We are legendary achievement.
    Then everyone will have the mount the first day.
    Seriously, you are one of those people that just come online, facerolls them game through & gets free items.
    Why? Because that is what WotLK is all about, there is also NO WAY that you played Vanilla or even TBC.

Concidering those times were 100x better than whole WotLK, sure may have been balance issues in PvP.
    Buhu, atleast the PvE was AWESOME and HARD. The PvP balance and the 10/25man normal/HC destroyed raiding SOO MUCH.
    I can't wait until the endles farming days again, actually PLAYING the game.
    No more watching a movie while spamming 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1.

Oh god I miss the old days, I miss hard content.. I hate all new people that complain if something takes more than 2 minute to do.
    And people leaving after 1 wipe in PuGs because they can obviously not handle the repair bills when they buy endless amount of golds online. Also, having no more time? That's a lousy excuse, why'd you even join in the first place then?
    Seriously, I can go on and on and on about how easy this game has become and how stupid people are.

That is why I wan't the harder content back, and the harder achivements.. then all the ignorant fools will finally go away or just stick to casual or heroic farming.

Anyone know what the music is that starts in part 1 of that Legends machinima at about 3:40? Best part of it imo. I've heard it used in another video "Linadillar - The Tankadin", and I really like it, but no idea what it is Huge thanks if anyone knows and can clue me in!

Really want to watch the quest video though, but I don't really like looking into too many spoilers. Ugh, can't decide!

EDIT: decided to watch the video and OMG, that was hilarious! Truly epic.

Also interested in seeing what's coming for Elemental Shaman via Lightning Shield. Hope it's more than just a Static Shock "clone" (even though I never played Ele, but have wanted to try it).
    Last edited by Gak32; 2010-08-18 at 09:39 AM.

Alright, time to give my honest opinion on the movie.

Story

The story is pretty solid. I giggled a bit when you mentioned Nihilum attempting to bring Gul'dan back. The only thing I wasn't fond of was how they always referred to the Heroes as they, or them, which starts to make them sound like Mary Sues. Also, the ending did seem a little out of the blue.

Voice acting

Very good. None of the voices seemed out of line for their character. Although the person who played the paladin didn't have the best quality of microphone, it was still good. However! I think we can all agree Jesse should have voiced the Gnome, since he can do that sick high pitched Gnome-y voice.

Video

Not as exciting or action packed, but you did say most of the action will be in part 2, so it's understandable. Also, I'm not sure if it's more trouble filming using the model viewer or in-game, but the model viewer scenes were much better.

Overall, I'd say it was good, can't wait to watch part 2!