Poll: Most boring class to PvP as.

10+ Year Old Account

Most boring PvP class.

There are tons of most fun PvP classes, just wanted to know what classes you guys have actually played and found to be not quite as fun as other classes.

This is in terms of fun factor, class being underpowered should not be the main criteria, although I realize that this is a major attribution towards making a class less fun to play.

For me for instance, I find Shadow Priests to be one of the more boring classes to play even though they're doing pretty good.

This is because of several factors:

1: They go OOM incredibly fast in PvP, sucks having to waste Dispersion just to get mana and then not have it up when I need the extra survival.
    2: 100000 buffs you have to rebuff every time you die. OK, I exaggerated a bit on the number, but SPs are by far the class with the most rebuffings, gets old fast.
    3: Mindflay is the lamest snare ability in the game because it's channeled, can be easily interrupted and only lasts a few seconds. Hate having to use that to snare. Hate channeled spells in general for PvP.
    4: Aside from the occasional nuke, I find myself just applying the same 3 DoTs on everyone over and over.
    5: PW:S is kind of a boring spell, wish it did something more than just give you extra HP for it's duration.

OK, now you guys go!

Oh and I can see the SPs fanboys coming in here trolling about how I suck because I don't enjoy the same things as they do. So preemptive sigh inc.... "sigh".
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Depends does your definition of fun do you mean play style? or the most easiest to roflstomp with. Play style wise I'd have to say a mage or hybrid class, roflstomp wise, rogue,warrs, or pallys.
    Last edited by Wilson!; 2010-08-18 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    Depends does your definition of fun do you mean play style? or the most easiest to roflstomp with. Play style wise I'd have to say a mage or hybrid class, roflstomp wise, rogue,warrs, or pallys.
    It's up to you to decide. Just as long as the reason isn't because you get stomped by every other class in the game. That would probably mean that you either aren't a good player or your PvP gear isn't up to snuff.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Rogue, because you may aswell be hitting a target dummy. Stunlock ftl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins are just HoJ, Faceroll and then they fill their QQ mugs with my tears D:

I reckon Prot pallies are the most boring I have tried in PVP. You deal next to no damage, unlike DKs and Warriors, and you don't even survive long thanks to spell casters and disarms.

at the people saying rogues are boring or easiest.
    Sub pvp is far from boring, and the ease really depends on who you're fighting. Their skill level,comp, etc.

at the OP
    Shadow Priests are fun too, you say you go oom.. so use your shadow fiend. Drink a Star's Sorrow.
    If all you're doing is re-casting dots maybe you don't have talents in the resistance to dispel mechanics. You have a ton of utility, damage output, Mind Trauma.

So I'm going to have to argue that you're either not very familiar with the class and it's mechanics or your gear isn't very good.

Of course.. skill will always be a large factor in the brackets that actually mean anything.

So in reality I think your entire thread is invalid in this respect.

No offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    at the people saying rogues are boring or easiest.
    Sub pvp is far from boring, and the ease really depends on who you're fighting. Their skill level,comp, etc.

at the OP
    Shadow Priests are fun too, you say you go oom.. so use your shadow fiend. Drink a Star's Sorrow.
    If all you're doing is re-casting dots maybe you don't have talents in the resistance to dispel mechanics. You have a ton of utility, damage output, Mind Trauma.

So I'm going to have to argue that you're either not very familiar with the class and it's mechanics or your gear isn't very good.

Of course.. skill will always be a large factor in the brackets that actually mean anything.

So in reality I think your entire thread is invalid in this respect.

No offense.
    Thanks for creating an account just to reply to this, but I truly just don't enjoy the way the class plays. To each his own, right? I don't like drinking in BGs, I never have unless I'm protecting the flag or node or something. I like classes that will get straight to the action ASAP and stay in the action for as long as possible and when shit hits the fan, be able to escape to safety. Mages are one of the most fun classes for me to PvP with (even though, ironically, I find them to be the most boring PvE class to play).

I've leveled and PvP'd with every class (except Rogue) at 80. Priests are just not my cup of tea. You mentioned the pet, yeah, another reason why I don't like Priests. That pet is killed or kited half the time making them completely unreliable as a mana replenish. Dispersion is a nice way to get mana back, but I need to save it for when I'm being targeted.

I don't know, it's just my taste I guess. I'd rather PvP on my DK, Mage, Arms War or Ele Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    I reckon Prot pallies are the most boring I have tried in PVP. You deal next to no damage, unlike DKs and Warriors, and you don't even survive long thanks to spell casters and disarms.
    I can agree to that. At least with a Prot Warrior, there's always a button you have to push. Prot Pallies don't do much when they're waiting for CDs to come up.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Next to no damage? lolwut?

OT: I find my ret paladin to be the most boring class i pvp with.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Rogue, because you may aswell be hitting a target dummy. Stunlock ftl.
    Do you play one?

I'd say Ret Paladins. But that's just because I've been spoiled by playing a Death Knight who always has a new button to mas--I mean press. >.>

For some reason - out of my Rdruid/discPri/Rogue(retired)/Warlock - I find the resto druid least rewarding. I can't really put my finger on it - I guess the other classes are great, the rogue.. more likely that it was more first char and therefore the most novel to pvp with as I never play him anymore. Disc priest's mana seems more precious - I like shields a lot and like the scale you can play them, very offensive or mp5 defensive. I don't think rdruid is a bad class, I just don't think it's for me - (their gear is all relentless and above so it isn't a gear issue, with at the least 251 pve trinks etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym3103 View Post
    Next to no damage? lolwut?

OT: I find my ret paladin to be the most boring class i pvp with.
    It's not the damage that makes ProtRet Pallies boring. It's just the lack of buttons to push once everything's on CD.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

No class is boring in PvP if you're playing against equally geared/skilled opponents.

But for a class more boring than others...I can't give you a valid answer as I haven't played anything outside of a frost mage or warrior (all three specs [fury in s5 cause it was the only viable warrior tree]).

But having played on PTR's and stuff I'd have to say any healer. They all dominate too much 1v1 (which makes sense) but resto druids really just don't require much in the way of thought when trying to deal damage and survive. So I guess my vote goes to resto druids.

After seeing the poll results I just wanna point out that paladins, when played properly, get so much praise from their fellow players its amazing, and well-deserved too. Paladins are still technically a support class and players in bgs and arenas that manage to throw out that freedom or bop or heal at the right time makes the difference between a good pally and bad one. This is talking about ret paladins mostly.

Protection paladins are stupid. They are quite literally immune to melee. I've seen ret pallies take out dks, rogues, warriors, ret pallies in full wrathful gear without dipping below 50% hp. What with sacred shield's op'ness protadins are the most imbalanced class in the game. And to think prot warriors got nerfed...
    Last edited by Flaks; 2010-08-20 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

My shaman is only level 70. I was resto but switched to elemental to level (Which I never did).

I cannot believe people actually play elemental shaman. It really blows my mind. Past 70 they do add 2 more spells to their rotation, but good lord... Helen Keller could play elemental...

one thing i wil never understand why dose all the freaking catsers in the game can shot from distance and mele range while hunters cant i mean basicly u wana mess a hunter up hug his ass -.- same goes for alot of pve fights
    ps dont tell me its cause of the bow like if it was reality basic cause reall ppl dont shot fire of their hands xD

i dont think theres a boring class tbh

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Why are hunters rated 2nd? Just curious as to reasonings.