Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    Blood elfs are one of the most played classes and the most hated...
    I would say they're hated because most people can't handle the immense amount of skill it takes to play a blood elf. Consequently, many of them are bad which causes jealousy/hate amoung those not skilled and wise enough to realize that they cannot handle being a blood elf. I don't suspect this to change for no other race in game forces you to play with only 1 hand.
    that is, indeed win.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

As I've done for any other race/sex combination I've created an alt just to see animations and emotes (those are my criteria to chose a race, not racials abilities). Well, I have to say that I prefer the animations they had in vanilla (none whatsoever), now they look so spastic I lmao everytime I see one.

I don't hate blood elves... I just hate the MALE blood elves. Effeminate, prissy little things. And I've only met one or two better-than-crap male blood elves. Usually the decent ones are female.
    "Sociopaths are very good at figuring out ways to fuck people over without actually breaking any rules. One might even argue that it's the only thing they're really any good at. They certainly aren't very good at being people."

Before BC there was a real feeling among the Horde of being outcasts - the rough, the ugly, the unaccepted - a definite sense of clinging on and surviving in a world that was trying to eradicate us, not just in a "political" sense but an aesthetic one.

Horde players were often more mature, more cynical - playing characters that symbolised ugliness and rejection as well as a degree of ethical ambiguity. This stood in stark contrast to what we saw as the typical Alliance player - someone for whom the alter-ego of their WoW character was a wish fulfilment exercise in being both heroically good and conventionally good looking. I guess a lot of us saw something a bit vapid, empty and juvenile in Alliance players, much like fans of edgy and transgressive music might view people who buy Justin Bieber CDs.

When the belfs turned up, a lot of us saw the writing on the wall for that old Horde spirit - that we were going to be overrun by pop fans. Sure enough, that's what came to pass. The Horde is a shadow of what it once was, blanded out as a kind of edginess-lite, full of exaggerated parodies of the kind of over-pretty wish fulfilment excercises we joined the horde to smash the faces of. Become a playground for the kind of players who would once have naturally gravitated to the Alliance and who just don't get why they're really not welcome.

There's a few reasons.

A) The Blood Elves have the most proportionate male models of any of the races. Male Blood Elves look more like a typical human male in reality (whereas the male Human models look like they have downs syndrome AND are pumped up on steroids!). This attracts a LOT of players to the race - people who'd prefer to play a normal looking race, which is a lot of people. Due to the sheer numbers (though, in reality, Humans and Night Elves have similar numbers to Blood Elves), there are inevitably more bad players proportionately. That's not to say that Blood Elves are bad players, it's just that with so many of them, statistically, there are bound to be more bad players amongst the race.

B) People like to go on about how "homo" male Blood Elves look, when, in reality, these male Blood Elves probably look more manly than they do in real life, and given the choice, your typical girl would probably choose someone who looked like a male Blood Elf in real life over some fat slob with man tits the size off oil drums and patched, uneven facial hair.

But a few notes on Male Blood Elf appearance:
    - Long hair is typical of Elves in nearly any fantasy lore, of course most male Blood Elves would have long hair. That added the spiky hair to appeal to a wider audience. Unfortunately, they also gave them Sephiroth (AKA Whiny emo bitch with mommy problems that for some ungodly reason anime/JRPG fanboys are obsessed with) hair too for that same very reason.
    - The tufts of facial hair is more facial hair than most Elves in most fantasy lore. Be glad you got some of it. Night Elves in World of Warcraft don't really fit the typical Elf mold at all.
    - Elves in most fantasy lore and even in our own myths and legends were typically Androgynous - meaning that the males and females of the race tended to look extremely similar, and in the case of Elves in past fantasy lore and in our own myths and legends, that typically leaned towards the feminine side of things.

So in a nutshell, anyone who calls male Blood Elves out for being homo, they're probably just insecure about themselves. Male Blood Elves fit quite well into a typical elven mold, and, unfortunately, look more human than World of Warcraft's Human males.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDusk View Post
    horde players were the exact same as alliance players, age wise and player wise in general. stop spouting bs. playing an ugly character doesnt make you cool. or smarter.
    It actually does, Einstein. Something that is attractive (Elf) and familiar (Human) makes kiddos feel more secure and thus letting them develope their skills without feeling uncomfortable. And Horde enviroment is everything but that. This is fucking Psychology A (or step 1), bro'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runc View Post
    Before BC there was a real feeling among the Horde of being outcasts - the rough, the ugly, the unaccepted - a definite sense of clinging on and surviving in a world that was trying to eradicate us, not just in a "political" sense but an aesthetic one.

Horde players were often more mature, more cynical - playing characters that symbolised ugliness and rejection as well as a degree of ethical ambiguity. This stood in stark contrast to what we saw as the typical Alliance player - someone for whom the alter-ego of their WoW character was a wish fulfilment exercise in being both heroically good and conventionally good looking. I guess a lot of us saw something a bit vapid, empty and juvenile in Alliance players, much like fans of edgy and transgressive music might view people who buy Justin Bieber CDs.

When the belfs turned up, a lot of us saw the writing on the wall for that old Horde spirit - that we were going to be overrun by pop fans. Sure enough, that's what came to pass. The Horde is a shadow of what it once was, blanded out as a kind of edginess-lite, full of exaggerated parodies of the kind of over-pretty wish fulfilment excercises we joined the horde to smash the faces of. Become a playground for the kind of players who would once have naturally gravitated to the Alliance and who just don't get why they're really not welcome.
    you mean the Belf hunger for magic and lust of power doestn fit in the horde O.o, besides we provide the horde access to dalaran and Palas buffs, but im pretty sure the horde wouldnot hav problems installlin in northrend building an fort like dalaran providing portals and weps and armor and doing icc without kings etc... belfs saved some work for horde if you see it that way so stop the hatred pleas and hate alianze or aion players xD(sorry for the bad english)

blood elves, judging by the way they act in the emotes and such, are girly narcissists. that's annoying enough, but their bright happy rainbow starting area just broke people's toleration for weirdness, and they were instantly labeled "gay".

lorewise ok, ingame emotes lame, people that play them horrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    male blood elves dont look more human than human males. human males look like slightly more buff than normal fit humans. blood elves dont look as human. human males in wow dont look like they have downs syndrome.
    Blood Elf Males actually do have more realistic proportions than WoW Humans. WoW Humans are all ridiculously buff. Oh, and you used a character with a beard. Take the beard off, and see what happens. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    but their bright happy rainbow starting area
    I fail to see how a land that has been invaded and its people decimated by the scourge and the wretched conversion is even remotely happy...

15+ Year Old Account
    people day that blood elves look gay because compared to the other races they aren't grossly overmuscled

Humans in WoW-> people comparison:

Blood Elf male:

see
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2010-08-18 at 10:30 PM. Reason: fixing images

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    Blood Elf Males actually do have more realistic proportions than WoW Humans. WoW Humans are all World Class Bodybuilders. Oh, and you used a character with a beard. Take the beard off, and see what happens. I dare you.
    I approve this. Humans in this game look like they've been on steroids and have played basketball with their faces (males) since day 1. I'm actually reconsidering if the Alliance Humans (now including Worgen) are the real homos in the game after reading these posts. Macho, prejudiced, defensive and cares a lot about their body shape and discipline. Mhm, American Beauty much?

10+ Year Old Account
    ffs. zoom in on any fucking male human in wow, THEY DO NOT HAVE CLEFT LIP THEIR FACES ARE PERFECTLY NORMAL LOOKING EVEN WITHOUT FACIAL HAIR. wtf kind of crack are you smooking?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hood&cn=Shadow

zoom in on his face, you can see it looks NORMAL and realistic. ffs....
    I just lold t your character not because of the facial or superficial its because of the gear xD, but talents are ok, u noobs make me laugh so hard im saying that ur a new 80 player(2009 douesnt not convince me)i bet ur rerrolling worgen dont you kiddo? xD

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Runc View Post

Actually, your little rant here made Horde players sound like emo-kids who tell everyone how depressed they are, and then say how they just want to cut their wrists and bleed to death.

CUZ DEY AR GAY TROLOLOLOLOLOL! TROL'D PWND OMGFG BBQ LOLZ!!!1111.

jokes aside, most BE male's look... erm... not-really-like-a-male. But i love BE chicks <3

Deleted
    zoom in on his face, you can see it looks NORMAL and realistic. ffs....

HURR IM A DURR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takanami View Post
    Blood elves are great. We are just more sexually open then other races I suppose, and we reproduce like bunnies. I see nothing wrong with that. Apparently other races are a bit offended or whatever by our ways. :P
    I thought goblins have to reproduces like bunnies....but the way some be's are producing they ain't getting nothing, funny thing is the have very small numbers and they need it(lore wise)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The fact that hatred for Blood Elves is expressed by using homophobic insults is... well... insulting enough. Hate speech is hate speech, sorry folks.

Anyways, people are certainly entitled to dislike a race in the game, I personally don't care for, let's say, dwarves. That's acceptable. Now, if I started insulting people who played dwarves by calling them words that, in the real world, were equated with hate speech, well, then I would've crossed the line. I can always tell a man child from the mature adults when this starts happening.

Blood Elves, and high elves, have some cool lore, and as a race, I really feel for them. They stand in such a dangerous place, and their destiny can really take them down two roads right now. Back in BC, the culture of Silvermoon was a hostile one, totalitarian even. Blood Elves have done some things that are questionable from an ethical perspective, so the orcs, trolls, and tauren view them with distrust. They dislike the undead, but have formed a pact with the Forsaken, probably eased by Sylvanas being their leader.

Blood Elves are a great race and yes, their numbers are overwhelming, but for every 1 person who dislikes them, there are 20 more who love them. If I could ever muster it up to level another character, there would be a good chance that it would be a Blood Elf. Their courage in the face of Arthas appealed to me. They are a brave, proud, and incredibly tough race, standing on the brink of destruction from within due to their own mistrust of others, or to the path of redemption through a validation of the trust giving warily to them by Thrall.

Edit: I think Blizzard also did the race an injustice by making them so rudely vain. They are proud, beautiful, and elegant, and yes, they know it! That's still no reason to portray them as shallow though. I think that is where Blizz went wrong. At first I think they planned on it just being humorous, but the taste stuck in people's mouths.
    Last edited by d0e1ow; 2010-08-18 at 10:47 PM.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

with what? twilight fans? wrong, and even if that were true, why should anyone care? are you so insecure that you actually think people who like a bad book playing your game is so horrible? they're normal human beings, there is nothing wrong with the majority of twilight fans, and if anything is wrong with a twilight fan, its not twilight that caused it....
    If you tell me that a Blood Elf has the personality of a Homosexual, and I'll tell you that you are wrong, and that he actually portrays an ambitious narcissist. I don't care beyond that.

What i'm saying is, no matter what you say, or what i say...As soon as Cataclysm is live, the forums will be flooded with "WORGEN TWILIGHT LOL" threads, and that Blood Elves won't be the big hate target it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

15+ Year Old Account
    By "people" don't you mean those attracted to threads about Belfs, wich usually only happens to haters and lovers?

Actually, hate attracts more replies to threads than love.
    So you'll always see the haters peeking when they see a thread "who likes Belves" and stuff.

It's nature.
    ---

When you ask why "people" hate Belfs, I ask why "people" hate Worgen or Draenei.
    Same crap, different smell.

It's a love/hate/jealousy triangle.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?