View Poll Results: Y/N

Voters
62. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I miss feeling like this is actually a world with a community and other people.

18 29.03%
  • No, I'm lazy and want to sit in town queue, do the dungeon without any words being spoken

44 70.97%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFG System Re-do

Ever since the LFG got the queue system i find the community in WoW has gone down the shitter. I think a good fix for the system would be to get rid of the Random dungeon queue and just have Dungeon queue. Something like you have to be within 30yds of the summoning stone to queue for it and you would get a battlegroup wide group like we have now. And while you're sitting at that stone you would be able to see the other people from your server who are also there and maybe just pick up a group there. Would get rid of that whole "lol im going to sit in town, summon me guys" type situation from when you had to trade chat pug. And would suggest more community same-server groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realise that It's called the RANDOM dungeon finder for a reason right? Why would you pick a specific instance to run and go within 30 yards of it. And you automaticly get ported to the instance when your queue pops up.

This thread makes no sense.
    99 problems but a Lich ain't one...

The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any perceived problems with the community are problems with the community, not the dungeon finder.

Plus your system would suck. Queuing for one dungeon at a time? No thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the real problem with LFG ?. I like it, sure I have to wait 5 to 8 mins (DPS) to find a group, but one thing is sure, it's a lot faster then spamming /2 to find a group.
    ALTF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.
    This.

WoW's community has been full of dipshits since about halfway through vanilla... maybe even sooner.

OT: SeabeastRivin... did you post on the CoH forums a lot?

Yea some servers the wait time can be crappy but its some what necessary.Sides id rather die than look for group in /2 or /troll as i know it.
    I have 118 mounts
    That is all

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a pretty angled poll, doesn't it?

The fact that the option you clearly don't like, but others might prefer, starts with "No, I'm lazy..." is pretty annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    OT: SeabeastRivin... did you post on the CoH forums a lot?
    Nope. Never been there (if it's what I'm thinking of, but I don't recall going to any forums that could be abbreviated as CoH).

The best fix IMO would be to keep the system, but only take people from your server. this way you can still make perm. friends on your server, without having to sit in trade chat looking for a grp. also, ninjas will have to take responsibility for doing what they do.

sure, this drastically slims the pool of possible people to grp up with, but tbh, it wasnt really that bad to find grps in the first place (before the lfg system).

There needs to be an option, in the middle. yeah.

Thanks to LRCollier for sig.
    100% Altoholic ;D

Great poll NOT your 2 choices show your view point and your view on it only so its full of fail. thank you :P SO you won't get my vote either way so you will never know how i felt about the subject just because of your Prejudice in creating a poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanked View Post
    sure, this drastically slims the pool of possible people to grp up with, but tbh, it wasnt really that bad to find grps in the first place (before the lfg system).
    Rofl, as a tank or healer maybe. Even when I was healing in early Wrath it could take hours for a group to get together.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those options are a bit biased. Personally, when I am in a random, I start conversations, and they usually last.
    LFG thing is good. Those who don't agree with me are morons and should just gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    This pretty much sums up everything that needs to be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me my insta-queues tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Rofl, as a tank or healer maybe. Even when I was healing in early Wrath it could take hours for a group to get together.
    it depends on your server, and who you are friends with. i was a dps for 2 years and never had an issue. yea, it takes time to form a grp, and its not as easy as an automated system, but time in q in lfg tool VS old school way of finding ppl is pretty comparable. Have you seen the Q's for dps in the lfg tool? for some its 30min average.

I do like the lfg tool, but I feel that it has so many flaws that it almost outweighs the benefits (im not going into that right now).

Im standing by my original post, in that a server only lfg tool would be nice, even with its obvious draw backs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanked View Post
    it depends on your server, and who you are friends with. i was a dps for 2 years and never had an issue. yea, it takes time to form a grp, and its not as easy as an automated system, but time in q in lfg tool VS old school way of finding ppl is pretty comparable. Have you seen the Q's for dps in the lfg tool? for some its 30min average.

I do like the lfg tool, but I feel that it has so many flaws that it almost outweighs the benefits (im not going into that right now).

Im standing by my original post, in that a server only lfg tool would be nice, even with its obvious draw backs.
    I play a hunter at the moment. My normal queues are between 10-15 minutes. Maybe my battlegroup just has less players or something. :/

Before the dungeon finder was added I was usually waiting two or three hours to get a group IF one ever even formed, and that's including using the Trade and Looking For Group channels as well as the main LFG tool.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I play a hunter at the moment. My normal queues are between 10-15 minutes. Maybe my battlegroup just has less players or something. :/

Before the dungeon finder was added I was usually waiting two or three hours to get a group IF one ever even formed, and that's including using the Trade and Looking For Group channels as well as the main LFG tool.
    wow that sucks bad. back in tbc it only took about 5min to form a heroic grp on my server, and in wrath it did take a bit longer, maybe 15min ( i also played a hunter :P )

I do agree that the lfg tool speeds up finding groups, and in your situation it seems to have helped greatly.

depending on the time of day, i would never find a grp (say 3am for ex.) before the system came out, which is why i DO like the lfg tool. i can potentially get a grp at all hours of the day.
    i play a tank now as my main, so the Q is not a problem for me, on my dps toons im bored waiting in Q for so long that i just log off sometimes.

but thats besides the point.. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    poll sucks