Poll: Do you want Karazhan to make a comeback in Cataclysm?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really loved Karazhan. It had fun encounters, it looked nice and it had a nice backstory. I fail to see any connection with Cataclysm however. Med'an is pretty much absent so far. Besides I wouldn't want Blizzard to pull another Naxxramas (fudge up good memories by giving it a dodgy comeback).

10+ Year Old Account
    not if they just redo it to another 10man raid...yes if they section it and put it in 5man kind of like fos, pos, hor or brd...

after running it every week for a year it got boring and i would prefer new content if they just add it and dont include it in the base content then that would be great aswell...but a tad too much work to do i guess...

Don't know where the blue post is, but there is one stating that Med'an won't physically be in Cata. We heard Garona will, but not Med'an, and that's a-okay by me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntage View Post
    The first 2 replies, and probably 99% of replies will be from people who have no idea of WoW lore.

Kara has EPIC lore surrounding it, Aegwyn and Medivh are rumoured to be buried in Kara Crypts and there is lore behind the mirrored Kara.

With Med'an making an appearing in Cata (Med'an is Medivhs son), there is definately enough lore and real reason to bring Kara back - in a whole new raid (not a recycled Naxx). Kinda like how Blackwing Lair is making its return in the form of Blackwing Decent.
    Med'an isn't appearing in cataclysm, confirmed by blues. Minus that, however, I agree with your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    i Loved tanking this instance, so many nice memorys of TBC <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntage View Post
    The first 2 replies, and probably 99% of replies will be from people who have no idea of WoW lore.

Kara has EPIC lore surrounding it, Aegwyn and Medivh are rumoured to be buried in Kara Crypts and there is lore behind the mirrored Kara.

With Med'an making an appearing in Cata (Med'an is Medivhs son), there is definately enough lore and real reason to bring Kara back - in a whole new raid (not a recycled Naxx). Kinda like how Blackwing Lair is making its return in the form of Blackwing Decent.
    Lore smore, they can create lore out of their ass, they can destroy lore right before your eyes, and they can introduce AND forget all about a "main" character in just one little quest line. He asked for our opinion not "Should there be a Kara comeback" or "Can there be a Kara comeback".

NO!!! There is enough reused content between Naxx and fighting Nefarian and Ragnaros again. I loved Kara but unless they introduced the bottom half of the tower described in the novel, the 'evil' half, I don't want a new karazhan instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should turn the crypt into an instance

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind Kara coming back.

Only because I never had to grind it in TBC and the only time I experienced it was in WotLK. lol.

If lower karazhan and karazhan crypts was to be released yes.. especially if there is something to do with sargaras in it.. It would serve a good side-chain.

However recycling karazhan would leave me crying. Karazhan was fun, in TBC it was one of my favourite instances. I'd run it on my druid just for the luls back in the day. However if it was to get naxxramased. The epicness of it would just be gone, completly. Karazhan was accesible to everyone anyway back in the day.

Kara by far was one of the best dungeons in BC

1. Bosses scaled up as you kept going in the dungeon
    2. The Trash getting to the bosses was tricky
    3. Not 1 bosses in that dungeon was boring or repeated it was something new
    4. you could be a little gnome with a wolf chasing your ass
    5. profit

I'm guessing the cataclysm will open up the crypts and it will be a 5 man instance. I highly doubt Karazhan will ever be another pivotal raid instance again. The only reason for the reappearance of Naxx was because of the lack of player base actually able to raid the instance, let alone clear it.

Deleted
    Come off the nostalgia already! It's done. The beauty of things like Karazhan is that you've done it and moved on. Very much like a girl you just met two hours ago at the place you buy hotdogs and other detoxicating products.

As much as I adore Kara, it's not going to happen, and I don't really want it to either.

I didn't like the Naxx revival, but...at least it made sense with the expansion. How does Karazhan relate to the cataclysm at all?

Kara was a fun instance, i really missed the days when it was challenging in there, and we had bad gear and everything was a upgrade for someone. Good Times, that's what most people want. That can be achieved anywhere as long as the dungeon is fun.
    Although i love Kara, i would rather it stay right where it is. If they were to re release kara, i would be disappointed really. Instead of making a new dungeon, they re tone kara for lv 80-85? it would just feel like they were being lazy. kinda like naxx felt for some at 70. They can take a couple of the things they did in kara though and apply it to a brand new instance i would like that much more.

not if it was a clone that was just tuned for 85. if they made the supposed mirror (evil/sargeras) side of the tower for 85 with new stuff but somewhat same architecture and feel to it. that would be awsome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, I have no objection returning to Karazhan, but I do want rehased encounters no matter how cool the original version was.

10+ Year Old Account
    opera event was the best...especially all the stagehands and backstage..it gave a real feel to the place which was great

I enjoyed kara a lot but I dont want to see it come back. It has had its time. I am ready to move onto bigger and better raids.

kara was fun but if they HAD to bring back something id like to see AQ...for no reason at all but shrunk