Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Tanks] Warrior vs. Paladin

Warrior:

If you don't have commanding shout, cast commanding shout; If you don't have enough rage, Bloodrage and Commanding Shout.
    Set Vigilance to highest plausible DPS.
    Acquire target; Berserker Rage -> Charge.
    If there is 1 opponent, cast Shield Bash; If there are multiple opponents, cast Shock Wave.
    If party is geared, prioritize on-proc damage abilities (Revenge, Shield Slam); if not, prioritize debuffs. (Thunderclap, Demoralizing Shout)
    If enemy is casting spell, use Spell Reflection; if on cooldown, Shield Bash; if on cooldown, Concussion Blow.
    If rage is >70 and there is 1 opponent, use Heroic Strike; if there are multiple opponents, use Cleave.
    If health is <60% and there is no incoming heal, cast Shield Block.
    If health is <20% and there is no incoming heal, cast Last Stand + Shield Wall; if on cooldown and area safe, cast Intimidating Shout.
    If opponent is humanoid, use Disarm.
    If healer has aggro, use Intervene and Shield Slam.
    If aggro is lost on multiple targets, Challenging Shout and Shockwave; if on cooldown, Thunderclap.
    If melee has aggro, use Mocking Blow; if on cooldown, Taunt.
    If range has aggro, Taunt.
    If boss is dead, loot.
    If the healer is dead, check if you have a druid in the group and whisper him/her with an inquiry to combat-ress the healer.
    If DPS is dead, ask them in party-chat to set their focus on you and attack your target next time.
    If you are dead, well.. shit :|
    If nothing of the above, use Devastate and go over the list again.

Paladin:

Spam /castsequence reset=5 Holy Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Consecration,Shield of Righteousness,Judgement of Wisdom,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Shield,Shield of Righteousness,Consecration,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgement of Wisdom,Shield of Righteousness
    If you are dead, blame whoever is still alive; if noone, then everyone.

Discuss.
    Last edited by aftermidnight; 2010-08-19 at 05:31 AM.

Wow. Look at all those options the Warrior has, while the Paladin is stuck using HS and the other attacks.

(PS Your macro sucks)

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

because paladins dont have other things to use u know like divine plea, sacred sheild, raid wall, aura mastery ( if specced that way)

and hands

My main point being that warrior tanking is way too complicated, but you know that ofc :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    i love my warrior tank..so fun...this is why i switched my prot pally to ret.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Well obviously Paladin is the better class....

No, but in all honesty i like warrior tanks, alot, but i hope that blizzard have something in store for the poor paladins who's got nothing to do, if someone rip off them, they just need more kit :/

i think someone plays a warrior

Wow! The way the information does not try to make us biased at all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aftermidnight View Post
    My main point being that warrior tanking is way too complicated, but you know that ofc :P
    I could've let you go for using a comparative, but "too complicated"? No.

i play both a paladin and a warrior tank and neither are sooo complicated just takes some thought of what to use :P

No it isn't. Its fun and rewarding. Pallys should be brought up to warrior complexity and it seems like Blizz is trying to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    No it isn't. Its fun and rewarding. Pallys should be brought up to warrior complexity and it seems like Blizz is trying to do that.
    ^^This, I would rather tank on a warrior, and have a reactive play style than tank on my pally where I can just macro my whole rotation to one button
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your point is that warrior tanks are fun to play while prot paladins are boring.

Deleted
    I would suggest trying Shield Wall + Last Stand and if not 'Enraged' Beserker rage, then hit Enraged regeneration Its saved me more than a few times

uhmm ok this is ur perspective but its the same for a paladin

if you don't have ur blessings up, if you don't have enough mana , sit down and drink
    Cast Hand of salvation with a mouseover macro on the highest dps in group/raid
    Target and cast Exoricsm + Hand of reckoning for fast threat
    if there's 1 opponent start with Shield of righteoussness , multiple targets Hammer of the righteous + consecration + svenger's shield
    if the party is geared , prio high threat abilities such as shield of righteoussness and hammer of the righteous
    if enemy casting a spell interuppt as often as you can with hammer of justice
    if multiple targets and alot of mana use holy wrath
    if health 60% make sure to have sacred shield up
    if health under 20% pop Divine sacrifice + trinkets, if cooldown you will die and ressurecct with 35% hp , prio using judgement of light after
    if healer has aggro , use mouseover macro for ranged taunt
    if melee has aggro taunt the mob and switch to their target and start building
    if healer is dead , use lay on hands and start using seal of light
    if DPS is dead , pop Wings and start doing more damage <-- also useful in high threat groups
    if you are dead, you are dead
    if nothing else above , use THAT faceroll macro

Trololol

only the dum paladins macro there whole rotation to one macro smarter paladins macro it to two macros and then ever smarter paladins dont macro at all and know what to push when u need to push it

Cataclysm will fix it.

OP you trying to say paladin tanking is hard.. Its bananas, and you can take that to the bank.

I usually roll up in that spot drop a consecrate like it's hot, Righteous Hammer and Divine Plea every time that it stops.

And that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because everything isn't changing in Cata.