Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes, some guilds will ramp up the action and become more active to get those nice rewards.
    But others will come to the conclusion that they'll reach them at their own pace and style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetn View Post
    as u say first time in 4 months u had to leave a raid? next day u find yourself guildless.
    Not enough information. 4 wipes in on progression boss, a couple of those wipes stupid. You abruptly leave the raid with a /raid sorry, GF here gotta go

Not kick worthy, but you aren't raiding next week or you aren't raiding on farm day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    Yeah because a raid where you can replace a member with someone from trade is so important that you need to kick someone from your guild because a loved one came over and they became unavailable.

@OP: I do think that Gms will at least try to use it as a tool to become "Masters" etc. But I don't believe that the general populace or Blizzard would let that go on for too long.
    It shows your not willing to set aside time to raid. In a hardcore guild this is a major factor with tons of others willing to take his place and do better.

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    "Speaking as "the mount guy" I..."

nah, just kiddin', I think the teamwork will better, and there won't be any super control-freak-dude in charge of who does what and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    Why would you have spat with a GM? Try and do nothing wrong and everything should be fine. Especially try to do nothing wrong when so close to the Dark Phoenix.
    ta for proving my point about kissing the Gms arse

---------- Post added 2010-08-19 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by atselmya View Post
    Maybe you should have warned the GM about your GF befor hand

or you needed to tlel your GF your busy

You ditched out....I would have kicked you as well.
    Again..proves my point about monopolistic bastards being GMs.
    My GF telling me "I really just want some time alone with ya" is good enough for me to leave a raid. Really its just a bloody game but GMs who might be sm person with no social life what-so-ever (or the person i am quoting) will surely disagree !

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Yeah, because nothing unforseen EVER happens in ANY raid you EVER do, right?

Idiot GMs/Officers are an aesily avoidable problem, don't stick with a guild unless you get on well with the people there, and see that the management aren't dickheads.
    unforseen and avoidable

he could have easly stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetn View Post
    First of all its not only the guild master.
    he has officers aswell and when u are in a good guild they should have say in a member kick.

as u say first time in 4 months u had to leave a raid? next day u find yourself guildless.
    imo that issent a good guild and those "leaders" have issues...in their head.

in some way a leading group of a guild can feel powerfull about the cata changes and force people more in to being active in raids ect wich is a good point.
    but then again just kicking some active player because he has to go during a raid issent good in your case anyway.

on the other hand there is loads of slackers out there that just dont give a rats ass about a guild and just think about them selves
    those guys deserve a Gkick when shit happens like u discribe...

on the otherhand these changes will make guilds more active in the first place cause of some kick ass nice rewards no?
    But at the end of the day..I will assume you have a job etc. So just imagine your commitments somehow stop you from playing for sometime. Again..does it still not make the GM the all powerful??
    Is it good to have this much power in someone who could even be a 13 year old?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zernzern View Post
    Then you shouldn't be upset if you get gkicked right? :P After all "It's a game."
    I am not affraid to get kicked (I would be a little upset tho) and that was not the point I tried to make. I ment that it is a game, not an occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by ur_hbk View Post
    My GF telling me "I really just want some time alone with ya" is good enough for me to leave a raid. Really its just a bloody game but GMs who might be sm person with no social life what-so-ever (or the person i am quoting) will surely disagree !

1) Make your own guild
    2) If you realize it's "Just a game" why are you making such a huge fuss about it?

As pointed out so many times if you are this seriously worried, why don't you start your own guild?

ta for proving my point about kissing the Gms arse

---------- Post added 2010-08-19 at 12:25 PM ----------

When joining the guild you are to read and understand the rules.

If you disagree with the rules such as yourself you dont have to join.

however if you break the rules your out. See how this works?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Not enough information. 4 wipes in on progression boss, a couple of those wipes stupid. You abruptly leave the raid with a /raid sorry, GF here gotta go

Not kick worthy, but you aren't raiding next week or you aren't raiding on farm day.
    If you're the sort of person who thinks about whether it's a raid progression or farm day before spending time with his GF, when she asks you in a way you can't say no...have fun masturbating??

All the more reason to find a guild with people you like to hang around with. It makes guilds mean more to people than just 24 other raiders, which was the precise point with the new guild stuff in the first place.
    Don't let other people define your standards for happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    dude. no. way. i would have put you down as more of a Mahjong person.

OT: be mature, don't fight with power hungry GMs, or before you start doing said quests for the guild, find one with a none power hungry GM.
    Are you sure, you have never had one fo those days where you are just so pissed any lil thing drives you up the wall? So what if the GM has one of those? How does it sound to time your actions in accordance with ur GMs mensural cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by atselmya View Post
    Maybe you should have warned the GM about your GF befor hand

or you needed to tlel your GF your busy

You ditched out....I would have kicked you as well.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Start your own guild if you have a problem with potentially being kicked if you piss off the GM.

You guyz I might get fired from my job if I don't show up or I cuss out the boss. Not fairz!!!
    Jobs have rules..I donno if u live ina hole in Afghanistan or what but no one can fire you cause u were spendin time with ur sick Mrs. Guild's are a monopoly. there are officers but given that if officers voice against GM, they will get kicked..who will speak up against a bad action?

---------- Post added 2010-08-19 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldirk View Post
    being a GM, i'd like to say, tht i rarely, if ever kick people, my officers have a say in EVERYTHING in the guild, so if some1 breaks rules / steals from bank / offends another member /tarnishes rep of the guild, we consult each other on what to do. and ask other guildies.

tbh, being kicked for leaving a raid is extremely OTT, and those ppl obv have issues.
    You are a good Gm then. As I said, there's good folks out there but who's to figure out the bads? people will say do ur research before joining the guild.
    I will give you an example..the other day I went on an immortal run with the top guild on my server. A dude died on Sapp and the GM kicked him straight off ! He was'nt asked if he was lagging or if he had a problem...just a Kick without any questions asked !

Jobs have rules..I donno if u live ina hole in Afghanistan or what but no one can fire you cause u were spendin time with ur sick Mrs. Guild's are a monopoly. there are officers but given that if officers voice against GM, they will get kicked..who will speak up against a bad action?
    *sigh*
    Why don't you make a guild that is this perfect paradise you envisioning? You keep ignoring this statement by everyone. Clearly you are worried about corruption, why not make the perfect haven and show everyone how it's done?

Quote Originally Posted by Philenia View Post
    This
    Exactly..another monopolistic , sad person who thinks a game comes before his Mrs. You must try for the wanker championship !

---------- Post added 2010-08-19 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zernzern View Post
    *sigh*
    Why don't you make a guild that is this perfect paradise you envisioning? You keep ignoring this statement by everyone. Clearly you are worried about corruption, why not make the perfect haven and show everyone how it's done?
    Sorry..this is clearly a place full of people who fail to see a valid point and just rant on and on. My point is that this system will favour ignorant no-lifers whose lives revolve around a game and who would rather raid than look after their Mrs who might need some company cause of a personal issue.

Deleted
    I maybe missing the point, but once you have the mount, it doesn't matter if you're kicked from a guild, you still have the mount.
    Source.

It's more likely, judging by the whining this mount has already created, that some kind of hardcore guild hopping will evolve, where-by people join a guild known to have these perks just to be in with a chance to get them rather than working toward them in their own guilds. It's also likely to make the guilds that do have these perks more elitist and picky about who they let in. Oh joy.
    Last edited by mmocfa5f61cc5f; 2010-08-19 at 12:41 PM. Reason: GRAMMER!

Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    seems like you are mistaking a guild which is a social place for people who raid together with random dungeon finder people who advertise their 4 bank tabs and a tabard in tradechat
    That post was a waste of pixels. You did not make any point.

---------- Post added 2010-08-19 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    A guild is a mechanic that cant be controlled by blizzard , it will be controlled by the people who are in the guild , therefore blizzard does not and cant do anything about it which makes this whole topic obsolete. Though to not leave you in the dark:

DONT GROUP UP WITH RETARDS

thats the whole message

this thread can now be closed
    Who talked about groups? Was it your mom or dad who dropped you on your head when you were little? Please check. I want to know and tell them that they should have prolly dropped you off a higher building.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevara View Post
    I maybe missing the point, but once you have the mount, it doesn't matter if you're kicked from a guild, you still have the mount.
    Source.

It's more likely, judging by the whining this mount has already created, that some kind of hardcore guild hopping will evolve, where-by people join a guild known to have these perks just to be in with a chance to get them rather than working toward them in their own guilds. It's also likely to make the guilds that do have these perks more elitist and picky about who they let in. Oh joy.
    I will quote my own example:
    I will give you an example..the other day I went on an immortal run with the top guild on my server. A dude died on Sapp and the GM kicked him straight off ! He was'nt asked if he was lagging or if he had a problem...just a Kick without any questions asked !