Deleted

Frost vs Unholy in cata

im not sure what to pick in cata, i know its beta atm but i just wanna know what you guys think i should pick (atm im doing icc as unholy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warklord View Post
    im not sure what to pick in cata, i know its beta atm but i just wanna know what you guys think i should pick (atm im doing icc as unholy)
    Do you like big numbers? If so go frost.

Wish Frost can get a 'damage' cooldown, sort of like Bladestorm or Killing Spree.
    While Pillar of Frost is a potent CD on a short cooldown, it's rather... boring.

The falling ice-rocks in PoS in the cave would make a nice attack (high damage, pushback, DnD-like placement).

Deleted
    Obviously Frost.

Deleted
    The unholy rotation with Festering Strike / Scourge Strike is far more appealing atm but the randomness of Runic Empowerment would go better with Frost....

You lose 2 (5 if your 2h) talent points if you spec frost whilst you use all talent points for unholy

Whatever does MOAR dps in the release version

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably gonna go frost, i never really liked unholy...i wish they would just keep blood dps =3

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsy View Post
    Probably gonna go frost, i never really liked unholy...i wish they would just keep blood dps =3
    But Cata Unholy is a exact copy of Wrath Blood dps!

Same deal you use Festering Strike just like Death Strike to put all runes into Death Runes then spam Scourge Strike 6 times just like you do Heart Strike.

Sure theres some flavor differences like the colour of your damage, but the rotation is exactly the same as Blood dps now.

It's way too early to say. Blizzard has stated that the only DK tree that's mostly complete is our tanking tree. They've still got some work to do with frost and unholy. I'd wait until some time after release before expecting a clear answer on this. I'm sure even before you hit 85 there will be many changes to our class.

From my beta experience I've yet to make up my mind. Due to the lackluster rune UI the standard interface offers, the constant runerefresh from empowerment makes rotations abit clunky.

Frost is big nubmers, unholy is a new rotation with abit more utility.
    Used 2h frost. I'd might just favour unholy due to better Deathstrike healing, as mobs actually put up a fight in cataclysm, and the ghoul has it's uses.

Deleted
    Frost with 2H weapon for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    But Cata Unholy is a exact copy of Wrath Blood dps!

Same deal you use Festering Strike just like Death Strike to put all runes into Death Runes then spam Scourge Strike 6 times just like you do Heart Strike.

Sure theres some flavor differences like the colour of your damage, but the rotation is exactly the same as Blood dps now.
    its the same on paper yes and the rune abilities are done the same, but with the changes to how much RP you get now and runic empowerment, its actually alot different.