Where did they say the date?

I keep seeing people insinuating blizzard announced an October goal for a release date. Or at least they said 2 months from now. Where did any Blizz rep say something like this?

Have you seen it on the front page of MMO-Champ? If blizz had said a release date I'm pretty sure it would have been huge news on this site.

2/10 not much of an interesting troll

All I could guess is that in an interview with Tom Chilton (Kalgan) at Gamescom he said that beta needed a couple more months to get everything in order, so maybe people are extrapolating from that.

There is no set release date, and there won't be for a while at least.

All the speculation points to "sometime around November" but it could just as easily be pushed back to the start of next year.

I too wants my Xpacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    They haven't said the date yet.

ALso, I like trolls.

My personal guess is Nov 9th. That is just a GUESS, though.

I know for a FACT that it will be released the 5th of November.
    I pulled this information straight out of my arse (much like other "confirmed" dates)
    But I can assure you that each and every one of my body parts are 100% reliable.

The release date is November 4th.

Gamestop already has it in their inventory database so that they can accept pre-orders.

When nobody was around, my buddy that works there pulled it up and let me see it for my own eyes.
    85 Fury Warrior 85 Holy Paladin 85 Resto Druid 85 Blood Death Knight 85 Shadow Priest 85 Fire Mage 85 Affliction Warlock 85 Survival Hunter 85 Assassination Rogue 85 Resto Shaman

They gave an estimate at gamescom.

Midnight of the Tuesday after its done.

In other words- no date as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaaz View Post

Gamestop already has it in their inventory database so that they can accept pre-orders.

When nobody was around, my buddy that works there pulled it up and let me see it for my own eyes.
    The date doesn't need to be real so they can accept pre-orders, they pulled it out of their ass

Every gamestore has a date. They make up their own dates so that they are able to take pre-orders.
    No "official" date has been said, but you will find many different dates around if you check
    different stores pre-Order dates.

Deleted
    Not another post like this

Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    Every gamestore has a date. They make up their own dates so that they are able to take pre-orders.
    No "official" date has been said, but you will find many different dates around if you check
    different stores pre-Order dates.
    Ahhh. I see. Thank you for that. I was not aware.
    85 Fury Warrior 85 Holy Paladin 85 Resto Druid 85 Blood Death Knight 85 Shadow Priest 85 Fire Mage 85 Affliction Warlock 85 Survival Hunter 85 Assassination Rogue 85 Resto Shaman

Deleted
    idiots . . .
    he meant that blizzard told us (dunno) that somewhere in october they wil release ->The date<-- of the actuel release of Cataclysm
    the date , not the actuel game . . .

Ahhh. I see. Thank you for that. I was not aware.
    No worries, dude. T'was an honest mistake!
    They will replace the placeholder date with the official date once it's released.

The closest to a release date I heard is 4th Quarter 2010. Or October/November/December with most people guesstimating mid-to-late November, to avoid putting it right in the middle of the Christmas shopping season.