Original Thread Found Here
Classes introduced beyond a certain level that enhance and differentiate the classes even further. Each class is given 2 choices, that in addition to their other spec, unlock 2 new abilities.
This provides a tier system that introduces new classes without making entire hero classes. In addition, balancing would be relatively easier as each of the prestige classes would only bring 2 new abilities as opposed to an entire skill set.
Hero classes are excluded from Prestige Classes.
In addition, players can have the option to choose to remain their original class, which will also receive updated spells.
These are speculation for what each class could receive for a presitge class, as well as abilities for each.
(information for classes taken from Warcraft RPG )
- Plagueshifter (http://www.wowwiki.com/Plagueshifter)
- unlocks a white hound, who will target nearby allies and "attack them" healing them for X% with each "attack"
- unlocks a mass disease and poison cleanse ability
- Subversive (http://www.wowwiki.com/Subversive)
- unlocks One with Nature - the druid does anything within its power to protect nature, increasign all dmg and healing by 50% for X seconds
- unlocks Spider's Silk - the druid creates a trap of spider silk, which upon exploding roots all enemies within 8 yards in place for X seconds.
- Shadow Hunter (http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadow_hunter)
- unlocks Aspect of Dambala - the shadow hunter turns into a stealthed snake, movement speed reduced by X%. The shadow hunter cannot attack while stealthed, but is free to move. Attacking or taking damage breaks this aspect.
- unlocks Lukou's Embrace - the shadow hunter fires a spiritual arrow into its ally which heals for X over Y seconds.
- Deadshot (http://www.wowwiki.com/Dead_shot)
- unlocks Sniper shot (100 yards, 3 sec cast) - a devastating shot that deals X dmg, and an additional Y% if the target is standing still
- Fade into shadows - A vanish for hunters, increasing movement speed by X% for Y seconds.
- Techno-Mage (http://www.wowwiki.com/Techno_mage)
- unlocks Magic Bullet - The techno-mage imbues their magical technology with one spell from their spellbow. This spell is able to be fired off the GCD using their magical bullet. (Spell must be set prior to combat and cannot be changed during combat)
- Steam Armor Construct - the techno-mage unleashes a steam armor construct that fights alongside him. While manifesting this construct, the techno-mage enters a trance like state, reducing all incoming dmg by X%.
- Ley-Walker (http://www.wowwiki.com/Ley_walker)
- unlocks Ley-Line - the mage opens a rift a nearby ley line causinga portal to appear that attacks all enemies within a 15 yard radius.
- unlocks Threads of Energy - The mage opens threads of the ley-line, increasing all magical dmg dealt to enemies within the area by X % (reverse Anti-Magic Barrier)
- Exemplar (http://www.wowwiki.com/Exemplar)
- unlocks Blinding Banner, summoning a banner of holy light that blinds all enemies within a radius of X seconds
- unlocks Shared Faith - each healing spell cast within 30 yards of the Exemplar heals all other Allies for 50% of its amount. Lasts X seconds
- Templar (http://www.wowwiki.com/Argent_Dawn_templar)
- unlocks Transcendance - decreases Armor by X% in exchange for doubling all stat values offered by armor and weapons
- Divine Lighting - Summons a storm of Holy Energy that strikes all foes for X dmg over Y sec, and also heals allies caught within the storm for X health over Y sec.
- Pyremaster (http://www.wowwiki.com/Pyremaster)
- Ash of the Fallen - the pyermaster calls upon the ashes of the fallen dead to place a debuff upon their target. The debuff is different depending on the class used
- Blazing Undead - the Pyremaster calls forth a burning corpse to fight with him for X seconds
- High Divinist (http://www.wowwiki.com/High_divinist)
- unlocks Revelation - an instant heal on a friendly target for X that costs no mana
- unlocks Avatar of Light - Takes on the form of the Light, increasing all holy spells effectiveness by X%. Lasts for Y seconds. During this time, the priest is immune to fear and shadow dmg.
- Spymaster (http://www.wowwiki.com/Spymaster)
- unlocks Infiltration - the rogue transforms into a member of the opposing faction. All enemies view him as a friendly target. Breaks upon entering combat.
- unlocks Mistrust - an AoE confusion effect that forces enemies within 8 yards of the Spymaster to attack each other for X seconds.
- Buccaneer (http://www.wowwiki.com/Buccaneer)
- unlocks Swashbuckling - the Buccaneer increases his parry rating by X, and increases dmg dealt by Y for Z seconds.
- unlocks Dead Man's Chest - For each kill that yields experience or honor, you gain a 1% dmg increase up to a maximum of 16%.
- Hexer (http://www.wowwiki.com/Hexer)
- unlocks a chant ability that works like an aura, except acts as a debuff to all hostile targets within range
- unlocks an idol ability, in which the shaman binds a spirit to an idol, calling upon it for help (idol spirit is different for each tree of shaman)
- Spirit Champion (http://www.wowwiki.com/Spirit_champion)
- unlocks Incorporeal - the shaman becomes incorporeal, immune to all physical attacks for X seconds. During this time the shaman may attack but deals Y% reduced dmg.
- unlocks spirit strike - (0-15 yards) the shaman strikes the target with the force of the spirits, dealing X dmg that ignores armor, resistanec, and dmg immunity abilities.
- Bone Crusher (http://www.wowwiki.com/Bone-Crusher)
- unlocks Juggernaut Punch: devastating punch that deals X dmg and launches the target up into the air (knockdown effect).
- unlocks Unwordly Strength - the bone crusher gains an additional X atk pwr for each point of Str they have.
- Beastmaster (http://www.wowwiki.com/Beastmaster)
- Call of the Bear - calls a ferocious bear companion to fight for you for X seconds, the Bear has its own abilities
- Call of the Lizard - calls a gigantic lizard companion to fight for you for x seconds, the Lizard has its own abilities
- Fel Sworn ( http://www.wowwiki.com/Fel-sworn )
- The warlock combines their own body with that of one of their demons, gaining all of its abilities while still able to summon another demon.
- Fel Breath - breathes fire upon the enemy targer, dealing X dmg plus forcing the target to erupt in immolation.
- Shadow Ascendant (http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadow_ascendant)
- unlocks Shadow Shade - the Warlock's shadow splits off from him, dealing the same attacks as the warlock but at reduced dmg for X seconds
- Living Shadow - makes the warlock immune to physical attacks for X sec, but limits the warlock to drain spells only, increasing their effectiveness by 100%.