Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by glowyrm View Post
    Actually you can "spoof" email headers but the actual origin of the email can NEVER be completely hidden. The information will ALWAYS be in the header somewhere.
    Or the better clue is probably the horrible grammar and misuse of punctuation.
    The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
    You should be able to remove a block of text in between two commas and still have the sentence make sense.
    "If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use and will be suspended/closed or terminated."

Plus if Blizzard Administration were an actual legal body within Blizzard the word 'administration' would have to be capitalized.

Not to mention that in the world of legal jargon "found violating" necessitates that the violation must be currently in progress to be actionable. So any lawyer worth paying to come up with a legal document would use the words "in violation of." which leaves open the possibility for retro-action in response to a violation that is no longer in progress.

Definately is a scam, they won't warn you if they think you sold it they will just ban it then you have to call in, fax a copy of your DL to them proving your name matches the account name, I had a friend go through it. As for the link, is there a way a mod could change it from a hyperlink to plain text so people can see it for reference but not be able to click it?

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I've never received a fake email from Blizzard, and I play this game since the beginning. Do you know what is the big secret ? Make a special email for your battle.net account and DON'T give it to anyone in any circumstances. It's that simple...
    Interesting, well my grandma has gotten a few email scams. The problem, she doesn't even know who "Blizzard" is, or why her account was banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Blizzard doesn't need to look you to send them your infos, they have all infos.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least if you're going to post scam emails, you should edit out the dangerous links so other people don't get duped and the phishers don't get free advertising.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by unillenium View Post
    This really made my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Your browser told you it was a stupid site and you still didn't know? Argh..

---------- Post added 2010-08-19 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pomop View Post
    Interesting, well my grandma has gotten a few email scams. The problem, she doesn't even know who "Blizzard" is, or why her account was banned.
    Funny enough, I've never *ever* gotten a scam email on the account attached to my WoW account, but my gmail is riddled with them.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

how can people actually fall for this kinda crap? -.-

Deleted
    how can people actually fall for this kinda crap? -.-
    Ever heard of 8 years old boys playing wow?

that's no excuse.

Wouldn't you find it strange if you would be able to find and correct mistakes in an official blizzard mail as an 8 year old? :>
    Those mails are like: ,,Please tell me your bank account data or I will steal your moneyZ!!1"

Deleted
    that's no excuse.

Wouldn't you find it strange if you would be able to find and correct mistakes in an official blizzard mail as an 8 year old? :>
    Those mails are like: ,,Please tell me your bank account data or I will steal your moneyZ!!1"
    Well, they play DKs anyways for sure

15+ Year Old Account
    Come on people; read the stickies. Posting about blizzard emails will get you banned.