Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Performing a dangerous pull skip usually leads to a wipe.

So, with that in mind, why are some people so intent on performing them? PoS HC for example - I can count the number of times everyone has gotten though the hill trash without aggroing on one hand. When someone inevitably says "guys mount up" I tell them i'm not skipping, therefore saving the whole group a repair bill. Loads of other extremely dangerous stuff you can try which I can't remember, which some people are equally enthusiastic to do (and likely wipe as a result of).

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not with tards then I dont see why not . I would'nt try skipping the POS trash in a random heroic though theres always some tard who manages to pull them -_-
    Insert Signiture here.

Personally, I don't generally find the risk vs reward to be worth it in a random DF group especially for the hill in Pit since you can only skip it once anyway. I don't go outta my way to pull extra but if you have to do something special or tell people to make sure to avoid something I'd rather just kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually go with what the group wants and don't make waves, but I will say that I generally think that avoiding groups that involve more than simply hugging one side of the room -- like the one in PoS -- are a recipe for trouble.

Just anecdotally (although from a fairly large sample size, as I used to PuG Pit of Saron multiple times a day), I'd say that trying to skip those groups on the hill is successful maybe 10% of the time. Every time a PuG says "mount up and get ready," I groan. Considering that pulling it off means saving maybe four minutes tops, and wiping means repair bills and ten minutes running back, rebuffing and trying again... the risk is never worth the reward.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless your doing it with your guildies dont skip. LfRhd, Looking for retards heroic dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC View Post
    So, with that in mind, why are some people so intent on performing them? PoS HC for example - I can count the number of times everyone has gotten though the hill trash without aggroing on one hand. When someone inevitably says "guys mount up" I tell them i'm not skipping, therefore saving the whole group a repair bill. Loads of other extremely dangerous stuff you can try which I can't remember, which some people are equally enthusiastic to do (and likely wipe as a result of).
    9 times out of 10 when skipping trash packs in a PuG at the start of ICC it results in a mass ass pull, which almost always ends up in a wipe, depending on the amount of fail in the group.
    "The truth, my goal."

I like how you guys always refer to people that accidentally pull as retards. Anyway, why does it even matter, at least it makes the heroic relatively interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good tank can usually recover from a failed skip. Unless of course they managed to pull both of the hill packs in H PoS, that crap is deadly.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the concept that it's often more trouble than it's worth...but PoS? Really? I'm a tank, and I don't care if people want to skip, because unlike everyone else's success rates there (or, more accurately, fail rates), I almost NEVER have some tard accidentally grab aggro. It's a really, really easy skip.

I too will go with the group, and have no problem just killing (with gear nowadays, is that really so hard?). But that doesn't seem to be a particularly tricky skip.

-Rog

I mostly go with the group, if they decide to skip the trash in PoS, I just follow them. Since I'm mostly playing mage or hunter, I just use Invis or FD to survive while the rest of the group dies.

failing at skip the pull i let all them die and then solo the pull

if i save them they'll never learn how to do the things right

-dk tank

Personaly I like doing dangerous skips for the simple reason that it brings a smile to my face if it works. Then again, I also keep a close eye to the group, if someone behaves in a way that will proably lead to a body pull, I stop and try to save the day, that aswell bring a smile to my face

Yeah, I see groups wipe MUCH more often trying to skip the hill in PoS. And sometimes the first spectral warden in FoS. Oh, and trying to bug the hadro event causes more wipes than skips

Usually if I see a wipe because of skipping groups (say the room after Ionar in HoL, after the first boss in OK), its because the tank passes when the way is safe, and the rest of the group aggros the pat while following through.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2010-08-21 at 11:58 PM.

Another one is "this fight has a bug wich makes it very easy", I have been told that like 20 times, wiped 3 -4 trying the bug each time, never worked, and then killed the boss without trying the bug with ease.

I skip everything that is even remotely possible to skip. But then, I don't suck at tanking, so even if the bads fail, I still pick up the mobs and keep going. The nubs will just get more stuff to aoe, everyone wins.

I skip them every time. If someone is stupid enugh to pull, we let them die and point and laugh. If someone refuses to try, for whatever reason, we kick him.

It works 9 tims out of 10, btw. I dont know how retarded you have to be to not understand the concept of "stick with me".
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by cyceron View Post
    failing at skip the pull i let all them die and then solo the pull

if i save them they'll never learn how to do the things right

-dk tank
    calling BS on this. link armory

Quote Originally Posted by ZulZul View Post
    calling BS on this. link armory
    you forgot /sarcasm off

Generaly no one pulls that trash when I skip it.

However, if a group member falls into the pit, over agros/dies on trash or finds his/her shoe lases quite interesting... then I will not skip it.

Besides, skipping trash in there reduces you chance of a 10Kg drop.

I skip every possible pull. If someone pulls I usually let the group wipe. Next time the idiot that pulled comes to that trash he knows to be careful.