Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Last Expansion?

Is Cataclysm a last expansion? Will Blizzard forget about wow when their will release their new MMO?
    Discuss.

Actually, if i do remember correctly, they are already planning the next expansion. Granted it's in VERY early testing stages.

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly. Bobby Kotick would never allow any harm to come to his precious cash cow.
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless subscriptions drop massively during Cataclysm, it will definitely not be the last expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just like they did with Diablo and Starcraft.

Yes, they will definitely forget about their most popular game they've released.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last expansion will be heavy Legion based. Most likely take place on Argus if not Xoroth

i expect something along the lines of a wow 2 set in the future after they finish patching the last expansion maybe some more rts in between

I think they have time to make all lore character die before wow end because no one subscribe anymore

uhh yes because blizzard will just "forget" about the biggest mmo of all time

Deleted
    Great seas
    Great dark beyond
    One more with Sargeras finally up

I call it - 3 more

They will never stop developing and expanding WoW untill it stops making money.

the only way blzz will stop wow is to drop its population under 100k or something like that!i dont see any other reason for them to stop wow as for lore for expansions well they write the lore they can create whatever they like :P and make sense :P

Cataclysm will almost certainly not be the last expansion. They've yet to complete some of the main story arcs - threat of the Burning Legion, for example - and I'm guessing the final level cap will likely be 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Adventurer View Post
    Hardly. Bobby Kotick
    Aaaaaand you've ruined the thread, good job.

I cant see wow staying afloat with the new IP being playable. What with us not having any idea what the new IP is, I imagine we at least have one more expo worth of time before that point.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

We'll get one more at least. After that, maybe something fee to play with more micro transactions.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, there's a lot more to be made and I think they will.

After Cata there is naga expansion + 1 more + Argus as last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.