Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why are there so many elitist jerks?

It amazes me everytime I go into a BG I invariably get a tell from some douche telling me how bad I PVP I am.

Of course they never specify what I may have done, just your bad.

I was recently playing my Shadowpriest, melting faces. 3rd in damage, 2nd in kbs, no deaths and this douche whispers me and asks if im a bot or a real player? I said real of course, and the responds was wondering because of how bad I was. He was a full Wrathful geared mage, so I assume he expected all players to be at 2500 arena level gear and skill.

Anyway, just ranting. I really wish there was a way to punch someone through a computer.

People have to make themselves feel special in WoW since they are ordinary or below average in real life. If they can make themselves feel better by making other people feel worse in the game, it satisfies them even though they have pathetic lives.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

10+ Year Old Account
    Could have been a lot of things, your gear/gemming/enchanting?

But if you were doing that well in the BG. Who knows?

Short explanation: Because they can
    Long Explanation: Because they can and know that no matter what they say at the very very worst all thats gonna happen is maybe a 3 day ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Anyway, just ranting. I really wish there was a way to punch someone through a computer.
    This ^^

Some people are just jerks. But I rarely meet elitist jerks, maybe you're just unlucky. Or maybe you're actually playing bad if "invariably" you meet one that tells you specifically the same thing .

Ask Total biscuit.. I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    It amazes me everytime I go into a BG I invariably get a tell from some douche telling me how bad I PVP I am.

Of course they never specify what I may have done, just your bad.

I was recently playing my Shadowpriest, melting faces. 3rd in damage, 2nd in kbs, no deaths and this douche whispers me and asks if im a bot or a real player? I said real of course, and the responds was wondering because of how bad I was. He was a full Wrathful geared mage, so I assume he expected all players to be at 2500 arena level gear and skill.

Feeding Trolls 101:

Ok Class, Welcome to Feeding Trolls 101. Now when someone calls you an insult over a Game, and you respond - That is Called "Feeding a Troll" the Correct response to this is to simply put said Troll on the Ignore list just after he makes his Move. This way it cuts the troll off from his Addiction. The Troll will soon realize he can't get his Self Absorbed addiction from other players, and Shrivel up and Die. Hope you learned a lot here today Class.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the internetz. No other explanation needed really. Just a bunch of sad people trying to make themself feel better by trying to lower others self esteem.

Maybe a shield could have saved his life or maybe he got CC'd and you didn't dispel?
    I don't know since I wasn't there and I'm sure there's another side to the story, I doubt he would just send you a whisper randomly telling you that you're bad.

Whenever I'm in battle grounds I always try to help my team mates' as often as I can even if it means I miss out on a kill and It rarely doesn't pay off. I'm thinking he was ticked that you didn't dispel something nasty off him.

Telling someone they've preformed badly doesn't make a person an elitist, refusing to play with someone because you believe you're better then him makes an elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people believe if someone lets say...isn't gemmed perfectly or enchanted right that they are ultimately better. Those same people were picked on as children and hate their lives. Or they are just complete and utter douches.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Elitist's keep to themselves, it isn't worth their time to insult you because in their mind, you'll never be one. They are actually a rather cozy bunch of people. What you ran into is an asshole, jerk, douchebag, or whatever synonym you like the most. Yes, there are people that are elitist that are those things but those are more of a rarity. Or maybe what you were trying to convey was that there are a lot of wannabe-elitists out there, which, I would consider to be true. Remember, there are relatively few elitists out there because if there were many of them, that wouldn't make them elite :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Flip side the the question, why are there so many retarded baddies?

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    People have to make themselves feel special in WoW since they are ordinary or below average in real life. If they can make themselves feel better by making other people feel worse in the game, it satisfies them even though they have pathetic lives.
    This pretty much sums it up for all Elitists/Trolls out there.

Deleted
    QFT... i have a careface and carecup macro for such whispers... Works a charm!

15+ Year Old Account

"Anonymity, creating jerks since 1981"

its one of the rules of the internet, no matter what you do some asshole will always give you abuse for it. just ignore it like everyone else :P its not new or unique to this game, damn if your realy want to never be able to win with these people try mw2....hardcsope noob, quickscope noob, gay18noob ....wtf i was using the m16 ><

seriously on any game no matter what you do if your beating people they will call you a noob, cheat, hacker, lamer or no lifer even when they are on your team you get used to it :P

When I had my Wrathfull shield in the second week of S8 I think I might have gotten 30 whispers saying how badass my shield was and people asking for advise with their arena comp, asking what I played etc.

I can imagine people could easily turn into elitists

For every "jerk" there is someone who thinks constructive criticism of your role is being a "jerk".

"You know if you charge in to groups, you'll have better rage to start off the fight and have better initial threat. (:"
    "lol shut up kid stop trolling"

What hogwash. 'People can't be mean in videogames without having pathetic lives'? Sometimes people are just having a bad day. Christ.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

15+ Year Old Account
    There really aren't that many eletist jerks...
    Just jerks to be honest :/

People act all high and mighty, but in the end, this will remain just a game and nobody will care that you had one more kill in PvP than the others.
    Dawwwwwww

Sort of miss titled, due to the eleitest jerks website being very specific about what why where and when....

This is more like Why are there so many ar$eholes in the game.

But we know the answer to that, ePeen.