Enhancement shaman in the beta

Hey quick question, I hear a lot about elemental and resto shaman in the beta but I do not hear to much as far as enh. I feel compared to a lot of the other classes there is more information. Is it gonna be knocked down to a lower tier spec then what it is now or what?

The damage isn't that impressive so far, however this is pretty early days in terms of actual number output.

the actual rotation itself I find more fun than the current one, Though I think to really get the most out of it I think i'm going to need a Spell Timer and buff counter, constantly watching buffs of maelstrom on ourselves and debuffs of searing flames on the mobs to make Lava lash hit like a truck is quite annoying :P

Also because i had to import a premade shaman as my mate got a beta key (not me....yet!) the damage is a lot lower than what im used to but bear in mind the shaman premade char has no gems / enchants right away (should try to sort that at some point..)

I'm pretty confident that Blizzard won't release us live totally broken in terms of damage numbers. Hopefully we'll be comparable, but just gotta keep an eye on the blue posts and hope that we've got a few shamans around on the beta as enhancement for testing!
    Last edited by Barky; 2010-08-20 at 09:32 AM.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

I'm in beta currently, and there a few bugs. Your damage doesn't show up on the screen so you can't tell how much you do, certain abilties don't fully work....like Maelstrom making the cast cost no mana is bugged.

My impressions so far:

-Damage is low
    -Mobility is great
    -Shocks need a big damage boost. Cost alot of mana for little damage, and something we use alot.
    -Rotation is too hectic. Hard to keep track since no addons. I would probably reduce MW to only 3 stacks, allow Lava Lash to refresh flame shock dot, and increase lava lash and dmg to 15 sec.
    -Mana is tight. No emergency mana regen, have to use SR on every cd. Need few more regen tools cause switching form lightning shield to water just to get mana is sacrificing dps for mana, mirroring totems all over again.
    -Chain lightning could have its cd removed for enhance, since we lost fire nova for aoe cleave.
    -Lava Burst takes priority over LB for MW5.
    -Healing and aoe take alot of mana. You only have enough mana to rez someone once, or use a GHW or LHW twice.

It does seem like the class is getting better, but there are definetly alot of tweaks that need to be done. My main suggestions.....

-Change Elemental Devestation. Increase damage of shocks by 30%, reduce mana cost by 30%, and increase spell hit by 3%. Have it switch places with Static Shock.
    -Change Static Shock. Give it 100% chance to proc an orb on SS, LL, Primal Strike, or Unleash Weapon. Have it effect LS or WS.
    -Boost damage of SS and LL.
    -LL refresh flame shock, cd increased to 15 sec.
    -Mental Quickness reduces all spells by 10%, and increases base mana pool by double.
    -Sham Rage changed back to emergency mana return or dmg reduction....current version is worse as far as being mandatory.

15+ Year Old Account
    From the looks of the talent trees the last few builds I'm starting to believe Blizzard needs to give Enhancement a total makeover, much like Ret in WotLK.

Seems so bloated and full of uninteresting talents.

I love the spec currently and I'll play it till the end, but comparing it to other specs it seems really dull and gimped.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    From the looks of the talent trees the last few builds I'm starting to believe Blizzard needs to give Enhancement a total makeover, much like Ret in WotLK.

Seems so bloated and full of uninteresting talents.

I love the spec currently and I'll play it till the end, but comparing it to other specs it seems really dull and gimped.
    Yea, it's unfortunately last priority. GC himself grouped us with frost mages, bm hunters, and sub rogues. The class itself needs a big look at totems, Enhance needs another look at it's two "pseudo combo point systems", complex rotation with little benefit, and lack of real damage on shocks and instant attacks. Talent tree needs trimming too, currently has 5 more points then the average for most trees.

Deleted
    That's the issue of removing intellect from mail melee gear, hunters doesn't notice it at all, because they no longer have mana, but enh shamans keep using mana, there must be a solution, but exclusive shaman gear with intellect must not be a solution, maybe "your mail armor also grants you x% of its * as intellect"

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    That's the issue of removing intellect from mail melee gear, hunters doesn't notice it at all, because they no longer have mana, but enh shamans keep using mana, there must be a solution, but exclusive shaman gear with intellect must not be a solution, maybe "your mail armor also grants you x% of its * as intellect"
    ya would probalby need to be worked into the mastery feature. works for me, then they can adjust it to exactly how much mana they want us to have.

I have passive 600 mp5 as enhancement since 2 builds. 40% chance to get 600 mana per hit at 83 ... it does not look as bad as it did at 80 with 5k mana pool and 1500 mana alone to drop totems, but still. If you have to move and set totems a lot you are going to be oom.
    when I am dead an heal up I end up with 90% hp and 0 mana need ot hit rhough 2 mobs to get my 14k mana ... the msw is suppsoed to reduce mana cost, but it doesn't. Healing rain is 5.500 mana with msw and without

But gc comment that we are not suppsoed to care about mana alot cheers me up, it is all work in progress and we will wait with complaints to 85.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my initial foray into beta, I'd agree with the above posters. Damage seems low, but it's hard to tell since nothing shows on the screen anymore and we can't have addons. But compared to my rogue and paladin, it certainly takes longer to kill things. And you take a lot more damage.

Plus, I really miss my addons in terms of getting my rotation going. Even a timer on abilities ala omnicc would be very welcome at this point. You don't realize how bad the default ui is until you no longer have addons

Mobility, which i think was one of our primary weaknesses is defintiely much better. And with the way our abilities are being setup, I think if damage is low it will be fairly easy for Blizz to turn the knobs up so to speak. The real question is will they do it. They have a terrible tendency to rely on thier own numbers which don't seem to agree with what gets published by the players. No idea why this is but I have seen it happen to multiple classes. And the statemet by GC that we were competitive with other classes on non movement fights concerns me as this wasn't my experience, but then again, maybe I'm just bad.

Glad to see guys like Rouncer back on the forums and particpating though. I really hope this class/spec gets turned around as I miss playing my shammy. Let's hope there are a few more passes over the enhancement tree.

For me, Enh has been a real disappointment compared with my other classes. It feels extremely weak and we've hardly picked up any FUN new mechanics. The result is that there isn't much worth talking about.