Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    hmm what do you mean 4.x series of the games? What series is Cataclysm considered?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaddrak View Post
    hmm what do you mean 4.x series of the games? What series is Cataclysm considered?
    cata 4.x

wotlk 3.x
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Tesselation I believe is utilised in the new water effects should you turn them up, so yes a dx11 card is a good idea should you wish to get all you can from wow, and some degree of future proofing.
    You have the budget to do that.

Regarding multiple cards, wow does not currently utilise them properly and if anything can suffer lower performance as a result.
    Cataclysm does implement from my understanding "load balancing", which appears to resolve the issue, though that is still a new feature, and how it plays out performance wise we have yet to get much information on.

Tessellation in WoW ? I've never heard of that. As far as i know, the DX11 support is for performance improvements only.
    But really, there is no point of buying something with less then DX11 in the moment.
    And Radeon graphic cards don't suck at all. On the contrary, i think the Fermi architecture was a big fail for Nvidia. At least with the higher models.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-23 at 11:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    On the contrary, i think the Fermi architecture was a big fail for Nvidia. At least with the higher models.
    That was true up until about June when the nVidia drivers caught up to the hardware.

Deleted
    So to bump this thread, as I was away for a while. Does the 2nd build look fine for cooling - I hope heat won't be a problem for two cards :X. As well as space, of course.

Deleted
    Shamelessly bumping this, any input on cooling would be greatly appreciated. Going to purchase the parts soon for it, so I need to know if it'll be fine inside it.

you could spend a little more on the case.

I feel that the PSU on Build 1 is a bit too overboard, I think a 750 watt should do fine.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Deleted
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118268

Would that case be sufficient enough for cooling? Or would I need more fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitalpha View Post
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118268

Would that case be sufficient enough for cooling? Or would I need more fans?
    That case is a lot better than the original one you had linked seems like it has better airflow.

If you're really worried about future proofing you'll definitely want a mobo with USB 3.0 ports and SATA 6Gb/s connections. Unfortuneatelly I can't link pages yet but I was able to find the MSI P55-GD85 P55 Socket 1156 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard on eBuyer. If you spend more time searching you could probably find one with the same features at a cheaper price.

The antec 300 has almost as good airflow as the 900 and costs about half the price.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.