Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i just use healbot.. it groups by maximum health first.. so all the tanks are on right next to eachother

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker View Post
    That is only in 5 mans, in raids you have to be the raid leader or have assist.

Ok, some people don't understand what he is talking about, likely confused. He doesn't mean to put a skull or an x on the tank. The OP means going into the raid interface and promoting the tanks to tank just like you would give someone assist.
    When I raid lead, I always promote the tanks to "Main tank". Even when I do this, people still ask me to 'mark the tanks'. I usually just ignore them.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there really a purpose to marking the tanks in the raid window? Regardless of what toon I'm healing on I can always tell who are the tanks and who aren't. 99.9% of the time they will be in group 1. Never had an issue distinguishing who is and isn't a tank or an issue with them dying. Is it an issue with addons that people have that require it? I use the standard UI for healing so maybe that's in part why I don't have much of an issue.

Vuhdu has this nice feature where you can just add a new window and add people onto it. I think there is even a default MT window or you can choose to add one yourself. Since every post about healer mods seems to always say the big 3 raid frames are all good, I have to assume the other 2 have some function similar to this.

I run 3 12/12 8/12 HM ICC's a week, and I can tell you that if the guy cant mark as main tank don't run with him.

On that note I once had a healer who was qqing about marked tanks tanks being in group 1 and him not being in a group with the tanks, moved him from group 5 (Heal group for me) and the tanks from group 4 (6th healer tank and 1 ranged group) to group 1 marked them as main tank put marks over there heads and joking said, dripping with sarcasm (I'm not marking the tanks or moving you to group one. He left mid Heroic marrowgar, we proceeded to down it, get him saved and then not let him rejoin the group. Lol.
    (P.S after leaving he started spamming that i was so fail and cussing at me which is why i did not let him back in FYI)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    - Make your own raid
    - Join a guild
    - Get an addon that sorts people into class roles
    - Suck it up and deal with it

There is your options

As tank and raid leader I assign tanks in the standard blizz ui, the rest is non essential non critical and utterly unimportant. To make matter worse... if people put a (raid) mark on my head I'll remove it, let me enjoy my game without cluttering up my view please.

As healer I usually know who are the tanks and don't care for anything.

On my rogue i just have the maintank on focus and don't care as long as i don't stand number one on tps
    Last edited by Failureblade; 2010-08-20 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Learn to heal without marks like a proper healer.