Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    Didn't blizzard say that ulduar drakes weren't going to be removed? I recall seeing a blue saying this. In Cataclysm ofc.
    Nope, they said that they will be left in the game, as they have no problem with mount farming. and of course put in the "this might change" to cover their asses and have defence against the QQ if they do change that

EDIT: I misread weren't as were:P So....yeah my post backs up what you said anyway. my bad
    Last edited by wut?; 2010-08-20 at 06:37 PM. Reason: epic fail
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So giving them a useless way to continue to sell gold (meaning flying in azeroth) is going to help kill some of them?

Like I said before

/thread
    there is nothing about gold sellers in my thread. since they dont have a massive amount of costumers.... id conservativly say a few hundred thousand possibly. overall wow population does not buy gold and makeing this free wont kill gold sellers. if u can explain how go ahead.

if gold inflation is the issue. gold inflation in wotlk caused stupid greens for lower lvls to cost 15-20g for lvl 10-15 items

10+ Year Old Account
    the repair bill from Epicus Maximus killing everyone is enough of a gold sink.

the game dosnt need more gold sinks...just less ppl that have nothing better to do other than sit in the ah all the time rather than playing the bulk of the game...if anything the should reduce the gold cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    feel free to just throw your gold in the street if you don't want it =) as for me I am not paying for anything.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have been paying for flying Azeroth for a while. They're called Flightmasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by private420 View Post
    feel free to just throw your gold in the street if you don't want it =) as for me I am not paying for anything.
    i play hide and seek and when people find me i give them 500-1000 gold

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flight trainer: Your 1337 mount has been too used to flying in the cold, going back to warm temperatures might harm it! And it might not cope...

You: But i flew this in Outlands where i assume its warm, and mimirons head doesnt have feelings...

Flight trainer: ....

Blizzard: Ahaha look at them throw gold away...
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

10+ Year Old Account
    You already have to pay to fly in Azeroth. Northrend, believe it or not, is a part of Azeroth. People tend to forget this little detail for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Addamus View Post
    You already have to pay to fly in Azeroth. Northrend, believe it or not, is a part of Azeroth. People tend to forget this little detail for some reason.
    i dont ignore the detail. i know this is true, but required gold sinks that are reasonable in the 1-3k margin are needed to bring down gold inflation

(btw gold sellers will always exist regardless of how much gold is around the only way to stop them... is to find them..... in rl)

I thought about replying seriously to this until I realized it was ElTrollo posting again.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    Did I miss something or isn't this the plan already?

Are you saying that currently on Beta you can get Azeroth Flying for free?
    Flying in Azeroth, come Cataclysm, has never required an additional investment. There's a way to buy an extra 30%, but that's it all it is at this point.
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

Should have player houses with furniture you can buy with gold :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acesjaes View Post
    I thought about replying seriously to this until I realized it was ElTrollo posting again.
    leave now if u have nothing to add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    i dont ignore the detail. i know this is true, but required gold sinks that are reasonable in the 1-3k margin are needed to bring down gold inflation

(btw gold sellers will always exist regardless of how much gold is around the only way to stop them... is to find them..... in rl)
    Cataclysm has a gold sink. 310% flying is 5000g. With all the gold people will have going into the expansion on top of the gold they'll receive from questing, that's more than reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Addamus View Post
    Cataclysm has a gold sink. 310% flying is 5000g. With all the gold people will have going into the expansion on top of the gold they'll receive from questing, that's more than reasonable.
    its an extra 30% and free for a good amount of the wow population considering its a small upgrade and not required unless u want to farm i dont consider it a forced gold sink, but rather in the same class as the tundra mammoth.

unless u want even more goldsellers, NO

Game will have enough goldsinks with new toys and mounts I guess.

The argument that this will increase gold buying is flawed, by that argument you might aswell say "Remove gold". Cause some people are lazy retards, and something will always cost gold, hence there's a reason to buy. The only way to stop the gold market is to stop buying, but yet again people are lazy retards and don't give a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brakke View Post
    unless u want even more goldsellers, NO
    /sigh

how would this effect gold sellers if theres more gold
    the only way to stop a gold seller is to kill them in rl and that isnt going to happen.

gold selling isnt that common id say only a small fraction of the wow population actually does the buying.

also regardless of how much gold people have gold sellers will exist. if thres more gold than the people will be willing to pay more for items the gold sellers farm

however gold inlfation hurts low levels the most. getting stuff for there profs and gear at low levels is difficult unless they have a cash cow main toon