Page 1 of 3
LastLast

My Deathknight Cataclysm Wishlist

Hello everyone, I am composing a list of things i would like to see happen to the dk class for cataclysm. I will provide a reason for change that i would like to see so it doesn't seem like a QQ post. Anyone that wants to add anything they would like to see happen feel free to add to change you have in mind along with a short explanation as to why.

Necrotic strike-I would like to see this ability actually absorb more healing. It was described as 6k strike absorbing 4k healing, 4k healing is not much to absorb(I know that these numbers don't actually exist, I am using them for an example). I would love to see this ability actually absorb x amount of healing and the healing is transferred to the dk.

Strangulate-I would like to see this ability not be able to be resisted and include a spell school lockout for 8s and a silence for 5s. A silence that is on a 2 minute cooldown should be more that just 5 seconds, imo it should feel like a button that i decide when to push instead having to push everytime it is off cd in pvp. If we have to keep it the same as on live can we get the basline cd to 1 min. maybe 1.5.

Chains of Ice-This ability is losing its identity to me for the expansion, Chillblains will slow all targets by 50% while chains of will slow on target to 60% and still apply Chillblains. I think CoI should maybe snare a target before slowing them similar to how frost shock works for shamans.(i'm not trying to make this into a "my class needs this because his class has it" post).

Frost Strike-Wonderful ability, the only thing I would ask for is that maybe it provided a disease dispell protection for frost, even if it only affected frost fever.

Anti Magic Shell-This is also a great unique class ability, the only thing I would ask to be changed is to remove the rp cost, atm it feels like spending money to make money.

Ghoul stun-This is one of the main attractions to unholy pvp dominance, a stun in pvp is one of the most valuable spells to have on the battlefield. My suggestion would be to make this stun baseline and for it to be taken away from the ghoul also or if the ghoul keeps the stun make them share a cd.

Army of the dead-For the love of Arthas please take away the taunt mechanics of this ability, be it baseline or achieved through a glyph.

Pestilence-instead of spreading the disease it would be sweet for the infected target to have a chance to spread the diseases themselves or give us somethng like infectious diseases that will infect nearby targets.

Deathgrip-Perhaps the most favored and hated ability, the only change i would ask for this is to add a knockdown so that we can actually keep them there before they get away.

This is all that i can think of atm but as stated above if anyone has anything constructive to add that they would like to see added for our class in cata please feel free to add to this. I posted this on the official forums as well but i wanted to post here also because more ppl read here.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Frost Strike protecting diseases would be nice, since Resilient Infection is pretty tough to reach for anything but Unholy (which doesn't really need it).

A glyph for Army would be pointless, as it doesn't taunt the bosses that matter (raid).

Chillbains, depending on dispell mechanics, means you might not need to CoI as Frost.

AMS is fine, currently the only time I can't use it when I need it (in pve) is because I fuck up.

Blood will have a 1min Strang, though it would be awesome not to need Spell Pen in pvp. Ghoul Stun should go back to 30 seconds imo.

Necrotic Strike will most likely be fine, just icing on the cake I'm hoping. A raid boss that heals would be nice to see again, for some pve use.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    A glyph for Army would be pointless, as it doesn't taunt the bosses that matter (raid).
    Not everyone raids, it would be nice to pull this out in heroics without hearing the complaining or if a boss has adds then it goes off the bars again.
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    Different skins for ghouls, or different models of various other melee scourge. Come on I am tired of having the same ghoul standing next to me. Or at least let us make up a name for them. Just random combo's of a word pool is so stupid. I mean how can you stand having something called Rootmuncher standing next to you?

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    Not everyone raids, it would be nice to pull this out in heroics without hearing the complaining or if a boss has adds then it goes off the bars again.
    I know, but those who don't raid don't really need the dps boost. Hell, having the taunt on Army makes the last wave in HoR way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    Different skins for ghouls, or different models of various other melee scourge. Come on I am tired of having the same ghoul standing next to me. Or at least let us make up a name for them. Just random combo's of a word pool is so stupid. I mean how can you stand having something called Rootmuncher standing next to you?
    Different skins would be cool, but I love the random names. It's better than a million "ROFLDKGHOULLOLAMO'

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Well AMS no longer produces RP so there is no "Cost money to make money". It is strictly a Defensive CD and does not give you any other bonus.

Unless you're Unholy, which I imagine is going to be the dps spec needing the least RP. It makes sense from a style standpoint though.

---------- Post added 2010-08-20 at 12:27 PM ----------

You know what? I hate the DK flying mount. THAT needs a new skin. Chickens are for eating, not flying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Well AMS no longer produces RP so there is no "Cost money to make money". It is strictly a Defensive CD and does not give you any other bonus.
    Did not know that, thanks for the info...guess i can't stand in the bad shit anymore for free dcs/fs. Very sadface.

edited to correct atrocious spelling.
    Last edited by FireBorne; 2010-08-20 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

The army taunt effect is not a downside, tbh. Some fights it might be a disadvantage, so just don't use it. I'd hate to use a glyphslot on it.

AMS is extremly powerful, it's fine.
    DG aswell, at worst CoI mid air.
    Numbers are not final, regarding Necrotic.
    Having undispelable for both dps spec seems a tad too much tbh, frost still hits fairly hard with just FF up.

My concern atm is gettin' the rune system to work flawlessly.

And ghoul voices, I don't care if it's the old vendor ones, they were neat ;D

necrotic DEFINITELY needs some buffing atm, right now its INCREDIBLIY weak compared to SS and almost to the point were its not even worth using, and its very strange to fit into any other spec than UH. it really should be made a runic power cost so it can be used between all the specs a little more evenly.

strang: i have always agreed with this, i dont care what class or spec or anything. a 2min CD on a 5sec silence that is dispellable is just to long. mages get a 4sec silence on a 26sec CD(counterspell) if im not mistaken? warriors even get a 5second STUN on a 45sec CD in cata now(throwdown in arms spec). and these are just some examples

CoI: is PERFECTLY fine the way it is. trust me. between festering strike and it not being dispellable i GREATLY prefer the new CoI to the old, there are times wer im like "omg why is this person not being snared" but its worth the trade. and yes right now, its totaly pointless to use coI as frost, one cause IT does ALOT(and i do mean ALOT) more dmg with the new mastery and is worth useing when u get a RE frost proc(for dmg and to reapply chillbains)

with the dmg frost strike does now(up to almost 18k with some minor mastery at 83) its just fine

AMS: doesnt cost RP anymore and sadly doesnt give RP unless your unholy, BUT i actually prefer this greatly for pvp

ghoul stun: i also agree with this, it feels like you almost have to spec unholy for pvp just because of ghoul stun at some point. id be happy with it as just a spell on a 2min CD or something so that tanks could get it and frost could have it for pvp(then i would be fine with the 2min CD on strang)

AoTD: meh i feel the same way foibles does on this

pest: ehhhh im not so sure about that, while i can agree, there are times were spreading diseaes can also be a very bad thing so i would never want it to be just a random thing that happens

ONLY thing about Dgrip is it should just be made a 30sec CD and the talent should be removed from UH

these are MY personal things that i would like to see in cata

1. rune strike srsly needs to go bak to being off the GCD, as of right now blood feels like it has a redicious amount of buttons. now that bone shield, DRW, and rune tap are all part of the spec. along with things like necrotic and darkSim(in some situations ofc)and outbreak. its almost as if the amount of actual buttons you might press during a fight have literally doubled going into cata.
    now dont mistake im not saying thats a bad thing whatsoever i actually LOVE the new blood so far, but it just feels very strange not being able to RS for some threat while spamming CDs or applying diseases for a little xtra threat.

2. howling blast needs to do something besides JUST dmg. its incredibly bland for a spell that has an 8sec CD. its almost totaly pointless to use besides on rime procs(on single targets).

i personaly think it should do something like "blahdablah your enemies that are already inflicted by FF become frozen to the core making them more susceptible to disease, inflicting them with hypothermia(which is a new disease/debuff)": increases casting speed by X% for lets just call it 8seconds to fit the CD. this would give fost a little more pvp ult to frost since it has no ghoul stuns and no disease dispell defense. also it being a diseases would give you some windows were your oblit/blood strike would do a little more dmg (obvsly oblit would probably be nerfed a little to meet having a 3rd diseease) but as of right now HB is a VERY crappy for being on any kind of CD and a 31 pnt talent

3. TOTALLY agree about our flying mount. WORST MOUNT EVER.

i am on beta and have lvled 2 dks up to 83(one for dps and one for tanking) so what im talking about with things like CoI and necrotic are actually from me using them

My wishlist:
    1. Give Frost a way to catch someone who is trying to kite you.
    2. Remove the Unholy tree and replace it with something fun.

Unless you're Unholy, which I imagine is going to be the dps spec needing the least RP. It makes sense from a style standpoint though.

You know what? I hate the DK flying mount. THAT needs a new skin. Chickens are for eating, not flying on.
    I would have loved for Blizzard to give us Frost Wyrms in the very beginning, instead of having to earn them in a raid. Plus it's pretty silly seeing a paladin ride on something that awesome and deathly. It's like a slap in the face to DKs. But hey, it's retribution for having pink class plates, I guess.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

But the chicken we get is already eaten.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Mmh...to be honest I don't like the Frost Strike and Obliterate spam in Frost rotation so...
    - Frost Strike as a Frost Rune based ability, pretty much similiar to Scourge Strike.
    - Obliterate should become like a kind of Death Strike in Blood rotation (with a cost of a 1 blood and 1 unholy instead of the same 1 frost 1 unholy), that allows you to make Death Runes and use them for Frost Strike.
    - Rune Strike as Dps ability (no more tank related) that works exactly the same as the current Frost Strike.
    - A new summon for DKs, like the incoming guardian for Paladins, that does the same job. An Abomination should spawn and help you tanking (Blood specced)), a Frost Wyrm that increases your Dps (Frost specced), and a Valkyrie that helps you spread your diseases and increases their damage (Unholy specced).
    - More effort in diseases. Blood Plague should become the new Blood disease with a 10% damage reduction for the enemy and lowers his armor by 10% (no need for "Scarlet Fever"), Frost Fever does the same as now, and give Unholy a new disease (Ebon Plaguebringer doesn't sound a "real" disease for me).
    - Also rename the entire trees, simply because they are no more single Rune based. Something like "Protection", "Retribution" and "Unholy" sounds good to me. The same goes for the Unholy rune, that should be called "Shadow" rune for that reason.
    Last edited by mmocdb8b553e54; 2010-08-21 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhobius View Post
    Mmh...to be honest I don't like the Frost Strike and Obliterate spam in Frost rotation so...
    - Frost Strike as a Frost Rune based ability, pretty much similiar to Scourge Strike.
    - Obliterate should become like a kind of Death Strike in Blood rotation (with a cost of a 1 blood and 1 unholy instead of the same 1 frost 1 unholy), that allows you to make Death Runes and use them for Frost Strike.
    - Rune Strike as Dps ability (no more tank related) that works exactly the same as the current Frost Strike.
    - A new summon for DKs, like the incoming guardian for Paladins, that does the same job. An Abomination should spawn and help you tanking (Blood specced)), a Frost Wyrm that increases your Dps (Frost specced), and a Valkyrie that helps you spread your diseases and increases their damage (Unholy specced).
    - More effort in diseases. Blood Plague should become the new Blood disease with a 10% damage reduction for the enemy and lowers his armor by 10% (no need for "Scarlet Fever"), Frost Fever does the same as now, and give Unholy a new disease (Ebon Plaguebringer doesn't sound a "real" disease for me).
    - Also rename the entire trees, simply because they are no more single Rune based. Something like "Protection", "Retribution" and "Unholy" sounds good to me. The same goes for the Unholy rune, that should be called "Shadow" rune for that reason.
    Stop trolling

Also rename the entire trees, simply because they are no more single Rune based. Something like "Protection", "Retribution" and "Unholy" sounds good to me. The same goes for the Unholy rune, that should be called "Shadow" rune for that reason.
    I... what. When was anything ever single rune based?

8 second spell lockout? Not in this lifetime.

Deleted
    Stop trolling
    lol...trolling what? Do you know that in a interview some developer said that they are gonna problably rename all the presences, simply because now Unholy specced Dps use Blood presence, Blood Tank use Frost presence and they don't like that. So why don't rename the talent trees too?

lol...trolling what? Do you know that in a interview some developer said that they are gonna problably rename all the presences, simply because now Unholy specced Dps use Blood presence, Blood Tank use Frost presence and they don't like that. So why don't rename the talent trees too?
    Except that was done to accommodate the new improved presence talents.

e: Frost presence and blood presence had their effects swapped. Unholy presence is still god awful, unholy dps will use frost presence.

strangulate 8 sec school lockout? what? we already have minds freeze for interrupt. if strangulate was on a shorter cd, we would be absurdly op against casters

necrotic strike isnt bad. use it on healers when they are low on hp, and you get the time you need to finish them off without them being able to heal up.

you want to buff DG when ppl are already qqing about it? ppl should be able to get away from it, a knockdown would be retarded.