Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've got until november/december before they're done. Don't count DKs out quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by antitux View Post
    We've got until november/december before they're done. Don't count DKs out quite yet.
    I certainly hope so. It seems like they can never get their own model to work for DKs. Players always come up with a better way to use the Rune system than what they had in mind, and this way is always clunky and never feels right but since it is better it is the only way to play the class. I'm over it, and really disappointed to see this trend continue in Beta. The Dirge change says it all, they wanted to give Unholy less RP generation so they changed Dirge to only affect IT, BS, and PS, which further benefits Dual Wield Unholy (obviously not the intent of the spec).

At this point, after losing cool talents and abilities like Corpse Explosion, Wandering Plague, and Blood as a DPS tree, I am pretty much hoping for an overhaul to the class. At this point, GCDs are just as clogged as on live, Runic Empowerment exacerbates this by functioning as a faster way to regen runes rather than a true proc system, Unholy is still very obviously the go-to PvP spec leaving Frost in the dust, and the only cool new proc we get is Sudden Doom, which is exactly the same as the old Blood version of Sudden Doom minus the auto-crit.

If we don't get some pretty major changes I might roll a Paladin just because their overhaul is so intense and the new mechanics honestly look bad as F***. Balance Druids with the new eclipse bar, and Resto Druids with the new tree form look pretty intense as well, and Priests got some of the coolest looking talents I have ever seen in the history of this game so far.

Guile of Gorefiend
    Gone is Gorefiend.

I hoped Corpse Explosion would become a baseline aoe-ability, so blood and unholy had the choice between single target death coil and aoe corpse explosion. Also, it looks like the unholy presence is still the "no one uses it"-presence.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Gone is Gorefiend.

I hoped Corpse Explosion would become a baseline aoe-ability, so blood and unholy had the choice between single target death coil and aoe corpse explosion. Also, it looks like the unholy presence is still the "no one uses it"-presence.
    Corpse Explosion costing RP wouldn't really solve any of the AoE issues on beta right now, it needs to cost an Unholy Rune and there needs to be some mechanic to use it at all times during a fight, not after a mob dies (because after a mob dies during an AoE fight is generally when all the other mobs are going to die within a 10 second window). In addition, Frost needs a way to always be able to Howling Blast in an AoE situation (the CD is understandable for single target fights but completely botches a rotation on AoE fights) and Unholy needs a way to deal AoE damage with Frost and Blood runes (preferably together in a single attack).

I posted ideas for all of this in this thread, all of which would work wonderfully, utilize interesting mechanics that cause alternating rotations, and do not interfere with single target rotations.

You are correct about Unholy Presence too. I recall Blizzard saying they wanted to avoid that, well, they failed.
    Last edited by elseagoat; 2010-09-02 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make AMS give RP again because I cannot stand Unholy (though hopefully Unholy will be fun in cata!)
    Resilient Infection should cover Frost needing dispell protection.
    Make Chains of Ice like the Enhancement Shaman thingy.
    Replace Gargoyle, and that pretty much sums it up.
    Last edited by Sal; 2010-09-02 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post
    Make AMS give RP again because I cannot stand Unholy (though hopefully Unholy will be fun in cata!)
    Resilient Infection should cover Frost needing dispell protection.
    Make Chains of Ice like the Enhancement Shaman thingy.
    Replace Gargoyle, and that pretty much sums it up.
    All of these would be nice but none of them really solve the rotational issues that DKs are seeing in Beta. The only one of these that is really mandatory for our class is Resilient Infection being redesigned and moved to tier 1 Unholy (because Frost needs help in the PvP department, absolutely none of the changes so far in Cata help Frost PvP).

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat View Post
    You are correct about Unholy Presence too. I recall Blizzard saying they wanted to avoid that, well, they failed.
    They haven't failed yet

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat View Post
    All of these would be nice but none of them really solve the rotational issues that DKs are seeing in Beta. The only one of these that is really mandatory for our class is Resilient Infection being redesigned and moved to tier 1 Unholy (because Frost needs help in the PvP department, absolutely none of the changes so far in Cata help Frost PvP).
    What "issues?" DKs haven't really been touched a lot, but if there are any issues I'm sure Blizzard will clear them up. Frost in PvP doesn't even work right now. Hell, DKs don't even work in PvP. The only reason they're in Arena is because Warriors and Hunters do ridiculous damage.

My only DK wish is that they make the first 2 tiers of Unholy a little more interesting. Not even fun talents I'd like to spend 2 points on, just garbage

Deleted
    Simple here really. Presences, they are on the right track but not quite there yet.

Blood Presence - Gain 60% increased armour. Heal for 10% of damage caused to enemy. Player's armour increases 120%/240%/480%/960% of the modified value (i.e. including the 60% from Blood Presence) parallel to thier total Heal 75% (120%)/50% (240%)/ 25% (480%)/ 5% (960%).

For example a Tank with 30,000 armour with Blood presence will have 48,000 armour. At 75% health will have 62,000 armour, at 50% health will have 94,000 armour, at 25% will have 158,000 armour and at 5% health will have 286,000 armour. Insanely over powered? I think you know the answer

Frost Presence - Player increases physical damage by 20%. Every 15 seconds player will procc "Glacial Aspect" which increases damage dealt, attack speed and crit by 2% up to a maximun of +20%

Unholy Presence - In addition to AS-MS increases it will also enable You a 15% chance upon kill to raise an enemy as a Ghoul for 30 seconds. The ghoul counts as a "Companion" and is summoned at 50% of your own pets level-health-damage-armour ect. Once the ghoul dies it's body may be used for corpse explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post
    What "issues?" DKs haven't really been touched a lot, but if there are any issues I'm sure Blizzard will clear them up. Frost in PvP doesn't even work right now. Hell, DKs don't even work in PvP. The only reason they're in Arena is because Warriors and Hunters do ridiculous damage.
    Rotational issues in beta:
    -Runic Empowerment does not work as a proc system, it simply works to speed up rune generation, reducing the number of free globals we have.
    -Unholy's talent setup currently supports dual wielding and using single rune attacks (sopports as in it would be a DPS loss to play the spec with a Scourge Strike + Festering Strike 2handed rotation).
    -Dirge and Chill of the Grave are flooding Unholy and Frost with extra Runic Power, further clogging global cooldowns and thus making the 2handed Frost talent of zero benefit because there is no room to use any extra Runic Power.
    -Generating Death Runes as Blood counteracts Blood's Mastery stat by promoting the idea of not putting it to use but once every other rotation, if you want to deal maximum threat.

...just to name a few. If you want more, map out an AoE rotation for Unholy or Frost in the beta. Check out things like DnD cooldown, talents that affect it, what runes it uses, all that stuff, and see if you can make an AoE rotation that actually looks fun and doesn't require attacking a single target for 30 seconds straight before you can do some sort of AoE ability again.

My main concern is about the rune system.
    It is not working as intended at all. It was made to have less down-time and most of the time it's the opposite.
    Blizzard has many clever feedback/ideas from players to improve it and nothing happens since the beginning of the alpha/beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    "Nerf Rock. Paper is fine."
    - Scissors
    Originally Posted by Nakatoir (Blue Tracker)
    Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey