Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Why do you dislike shadow embrace?
    It is just an awkward talent and its terrible ramp up which is not addressed by the devs. Between dark intent and SE, the devs should know better about giving us more ramp ups when the spec already suffers way too much of it.

Another problem is with Soul Swap. They need to transfer the SE debuff if they want this talent to be useful at all. It's stupid and careless in its current implementation. I don't care if it's OP, frankly, no one uses SE for pvp. If you spec for it, then you're dumb. Doom and Gloom and Imp Fear are far more useful in a pvp environment than SE.

Soul Swapping Bane of Agony alone will make SE one of the biggest culprit. Swapping a fully debuffed and maxed ticking BoA just screams DPS LOSS in all levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see alot of crying trolls in this post, i personaly am loving all the changes: they are making all our pets alot better, they are giving us a great number of utility cooldowns which is somthing we have lacked for along time, they are making destro scale better, they are giving us better ways to control melee, they are making all our curses useful the list goes on and on. compared to what we got in wrath i say we are getting a shit ton of more love in cata then we have now

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I don't care if it's OP, frankly, no one uses SE for pvp. If you spec for it, then you're dumb. Doom and Gloom and Imp Fear are far more useful in a pvp environment than SE.
    In an environment where any healer can remove magic effects I don't think you'll be mad about SE taking up a debuff slot.

In either case, the devs obviously love SE because it keeps aff dot power in PVP at a reasonable level while still making them powerful in PVE. That's pretty much the entire reason for its existence. Whether that kind of tuning remains necessary in Cata is another question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repo123 View Post
    Glad to see range increased.

Sad to see fear cast time increased to 2 seconds.

Demonic Aegis change, if I read it correctly, is a nerf to spell power damage for fel armor, but a buff to healing affects, so I'm still mulling this one over a bit.

Not really into demonology, so I haven't given it much thought.

Drain mana decreased to 3 seconds.
    Range is indeed a good change especially for rated bgs.. give more time to kite and better kiting overal!
    But fear and generally cc casting time i think is a must!
    Playing both melee and caster classes i reallize that its terribly hard to, e.g. kick a sheep with
    1.5 cast time
    + 30% haste from gear -0.45 = 1.15
    + set bonus -0.2 = 0.95
    + bloodlust-heroism = 0.75
    With 200 ms you need to be a robot to kick that :P (i dont mention mind freeze wich is 0.3 delay cast)
    Last edited by mmocd4a4e2e16e; 2010-08-24 at 09:32 AM.

As stated, shadow embrace is almost a trash debuff, if you exclude the fact it is a slight dps increase.
    It is yet something else to be dispelled, or potentially dispelled in place of something else more dangerous.
    It may not be something you can always apply reliably, but is still better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You talk like pet management is hard. I've not had a pet die in an instance since they introduced Avoidance; even prior to that it was a very rare event.
    The way you see everything from a PvE pov is sickening me.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Totally agree.

I was expecting some very cool spell, even if it was to be worked out a lil, what we see in cata atm is very very very disappointing, and i find ridicolous the attitude of some ppl on forums:
    "shhh, do not make them angry"
    We are the customers here, what is this behaviour of sayin "if u don't like it, go play AION"?
    I'm playin this game since vanilla beta, and always as a lock, there has been hard times, and really glorious ones, but now, well, there are other 2/3 years with only this crap to enjoy?

Imean, instead of the crap that is demon soul, they could have added a Guardian spell that changes with summoned demon, like:

IMP=u summon a pack of imps (3) that focus the target of your pet for 30 secs
    Felguard=u summon a wrathguard to fight alongside your felguard for 30 secs.
    Voidwalker=u summon a void reaver that heals the voidwalker and trnsfer the threat generated by the warlock to him for 30 secs...

Nothing, a buff and stay happy with it or you'll get banned.

Guess who's getting a guardian spell that changes its utility with spec?

Paladins.

Really, i have no guess where is this class aiming, no more; but, what to expect? Our major rapresentant
    in actual lore is Wilfred Fizzlebang...
    You have some valid ideas there, I suggest you post them on the WoW forums instead of hoping some blizzard employe has bugged your computer

OT: I don't know really, never really liked Demo and I cbad to use it for more than an hour in beta, respecced destro cuz I've always loved it
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Fear is now 2 secs but they increased it's range by 10 yards (now30yards)which is nice.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As stated, shadow embrace is almost a trash debuff, if you exclude the fact it is a slight dps increase.
    It is yet something else to be dispelled, or potentially dispelled in place of something else more dangerous.
    It may not be something you can always apply reliably, but is still better than nothing.
    What happened to UA? surely most dispellers would have a hard time justifying trying to dispel in the first place with an aff lock running around. Roll the 15% into our dots and that would be great, as we already have haunt that reduces our multidotting capacities.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    You have some valid ideas there, I suggest you post them on the WoW forums instead of hoping some blizzard employe has bugged your computer

OT: I don't know really, never really liked Demo and I cbad to use it for more than an hour in beta, respecced destro cuz I've always loved it
    I'm from Europe servers, so there are more possibility that a dev watches mmo than wow official european forum, do not ask me why, it does seems so; not to count comunity here is somewhat better than the trolls camping that forum.

Deleted
    I think they are boosting casters in cataclysm ))) and i dont know why, we really dominate now :P

Fel Armor on beta atm is bugged (only gives 50 spell power)

changes to demo seems nice, i am hoping for some destro love (just look at fire mages :O )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.