Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best Ass Kicking you ever recieved?

Was looking through the other ass kicking thread and was dissapointed to find out I misread the title. So rather than accept that, I made the thread I thought I saw.
    Here's my story. I have two versions.
    For those of you who played on Alterac Mountains in BC: Mainepie. You know what I'm talking about.
    For all others, there was once a ret pally who sadly no longer plays. He was a blood elf by the name of Mainepie and he was scary as all hell. Mind you, this was back when ret pallies were the most horrible class/spec ever conceived. We had known him for awhile and we all feared him, but one day, while in a heroic ramps group, we came across him and a level 64 resto druid at the summoning stone. There was another ally party there, so our group leader whispered one of them asking if they wanted to team up and kill him. So we all landed and attacked. 10 of us. And he won. Just him and this level 64 healer. We all hit the ground before anyone knew what happened. To this day I check my closet for Mainepie before going to sleep.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I first started playing WotLK on my Rogue, I used to farm Eternal Fires in Wintergrasp. One day I came across this one Gnome Mage who drove me absolutely crazy.

Most people I went up against while farming were unskilled or under-geared, and I assumed I could take him on easily.

I got my ass handed to me, and proceeded to return to try and kill him again, only to die again.

Eventually it got to a point where I just sneaked over to the opposite side of the area from where he was, killed a fire elemental, and then hid again.

Quite embarrassing.

Was in arena (Ruins of Lordaeron) with a friend of mine - we met a warlock named "Inflame" - he jumped on the tomb and did "Immolate" and that was pretty much over for us

The only time time i remember hating someone for being better was in vanilla. A good friend and I were both leveling ret pal at the time. Before bgs. We met a shaman named Verge. We were both alliance, he was horde. We were around lvl 37-38 and he was 40. We didn't understand shit about the game. We clicked alot. I don't even remember using blessing of freedom! Well, even the 2 of us weren't able to kill him most of the time. God knows how he was playing with us!

When they introduced bgs, the second we saw him in those games, we always jumped on him whatever the output would be.

He's the only reasons i went horde shaman when i started to play again.

Man i miss that time!

Deleted
    Arena.

Warlock and Rogue. We come up against another warlock and a mage. The warlock has 17k hp. We're like ... lulz. He's dead before he knows what hits him. Thinking this is going to be an easy win... then the mage literally facerolls through us both. Sheep on me, then counterspelled. A few shatter combos on the rogue and he's blown up. Then it's my turn to have my ass handed to me on a plate.

That was not a good day, but well played from the mage for sure.

Ogri'la, back in TBC...

There was this warlock who'd always gank around the daily quest hub. We had to bring an army just to kill him. If you were going solo 1v1, it might look as if you could kill him, but out come his friends when he's about to die. I got my revenge in WOTLK though >:|

well...while speaking about the times I've been 1/2 shotted in BG's probably fits in with this, I'd rather stick to times where I was completely outplayed. So, I'll talk about my first alt, Pravus, and a week of being destroyed in BG's.

Pravus was a level 58/59 hunter. He was very well geared. He had no enchants, but he basically had perfect gear (all the BC stuff). This was early in the BC campaign. Hunters didn't have disengage or deterrence. Rogues didn't even have dismantle.

I dominated WSG. Being a hunter in good gear, that was expected. I wasn't all that good. I wasn't bad. But my gear made up for any faults in my play. Then, I ran across a similarly twinked rogue. He farmed me. I mean, he farmed everyone. But, he took special care and enjoyment out of farming me. I was BM spec'ed. As such, I had BW to work with. But, when I'd BW out of cheapshot, he'd vanish...and i could never catch him with the flare. Outside of my BW, I was fodder. I'd be at 20% life after getting out of stunlock. And I could hardly ever catch back up. The few times I did kill him, he had few CD's, and I had mine. He was good. He was better than me. And it was the first time I'd been farmed in a BG.

this is easy just play allys in bgs u will have around 90 % losses at the start i though it was the gear etc but in the end i just gave up

When thinking about this sort of thing, I always remember one particular Tauren Druid. I cannot remember his name, but I do remember how amazed I was by his presence of mind.

For one reason or another we caught him inside the keep while we controlled WG. The bastard had three Allies on him and would have escaped anyway if I hadn't gotten lucky with a 2 CP Predator's Swiftness proc -> instant Cyclone. After he died I thought nothing of it and went on my merry way to complete the dailies ...

He hunted me down and killed me. Well, I thought, fair enough. He got the jump on me, won't happen again, maybe he'll go away. Nope. He killed me again, this time when I was completely ready for him.

Whatever, I don't need this. I'm not in a PVP spec or PVP gear. I'll go somewhere else to complete the dailies, after I rez. Soon as the timer hits 0, I see him. He figured out which graveyard I was going to ...

I try to lose him with some flight form maneuvers. I thought I was successful. Soon as I dropped flight form, though, he was on me again. Dead again.

Okay, now it's personal. Time to 'port to Moonglade for a respec and get my resilience gear out of the bank.

Wait, what??

... OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! HE'S AT MOONGLADE NOW??

/logoff.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

A guild buddy, and fellow hunter, of mine decided to duel eachother outside of SW for the hell of it. Mind you we were both similarly geared at the time. Duel starts and we light one another up. He would beat me in a matter of seconds, and then I would do the same to him in the following round. We must of had 10-15 duels, none lasting more than a couple blinks of the eye. Those were epic duels, definitely the best ass kickings I've recieved and delt.

Deleted
    I play on a PvP realm where there are no alliances, like seriously u can meet mayby 1 or 2 in stormwind if u look really carefully but thats it. But... i met one retri paladin once who was attacking grom gol in STV. I was on my alt so i thought i will relog and kill the bastard. So chose my hunter for the dirty job, went to grom gol and .... BOOM dead in a freaking 1-2 seconds. I was like "WTF??" i had PvE gear on around 5,6k gayscore. So then i switched my gear to PvP! Yey what an badass 920+resi! Wuhoo will go and massacre the loladin.
    Went back... and died in few seconds. I was seriously amazed, i dont PvP that much (with hunter) just had some welfare gear i got from voa25 and rest bough from honor as i did play some amount of BGs in past, but still to die that fast, damn. Well i thought i will try one more time as i was running nearby grom gol where the pala was killing everyone i met a warrior, he had pretty decent gear also so we teamed up. Went back and the pala just ... freaking facerolled on us i just did not understand what was happening. Felt really bad went to look him up on armory saw a very good pvp gear but that still did not make me feel any better, never had such an asswhooping in WoW before :S i "cried" my arse to sleep that night, had bad dreams as well of an evil retri pala whos killing people in grom gol.

Does it count if i did the kicking? on my hunter i managed to hold a base in AB from 6 atkers and somehow i still had 50% of my health. man i got so many props for that.

Deleted
    Well there was this one time:

About 5-6 month ago, i was doing my daily JC quest in Stormpeaks when i was a Gnome warrior.
    "First thing that came to mind: Hell Yeah im gonna bust up that stupid gnome!"

I checked him for a while trying to detemain what kind of gear he was using, i think there where some pvp and some pve gear cause of the health pool.
    While i was sitting on around 1300 resi on my shadowpriest. i Would guess he had something like 800.

holy crap! i got so pawnd its unbeleivable. I was thinking for myself: He got lucky! (i usuly never have probs with warriors).
    I went down to kill him a few more times but i got pawned time after time. I decided its not worth it and went back to do my dailys... Yeah right! He went after me and killed me again.

I asked a IRL friend that playes a FULL Wrathful holy paladin to help me.
    I meen this guy have all the best pvp parts you can get there aint 1 pvp item that is an uppgrade. Full enchants best enchants / jewels cause he is JC/Enchanter.

We still got owned, not as easy as before but he got us both... He probobly have the achivement: GRAND MASTER IN L2P

Back in vanilla there was this Alliance mage called Menarkey or something, thsi was around when BWL was the hardest dungeon. He had something like 4k hps which was a lot for a mage and i think i've only only beaten him once and been pwnt every single other time i've met him which was a lot when you can only fight people on your own server, think bg's and duels.

I wasn't too bad myself playing a rogue at the time. I had a good ratio class win 1v1 at the time. I once beat ~8 ppl at DB south (1v1) one after another (not at the same time :P) for the full duration of capping and destroying the bunker, so I wasn't exactly terrible. But this mage very few ppl could kill him 1v1. Out of my wow history i will remember this guy for being uber skilled and nver properly beating him.

We had a similar character on the horde side who happened to be a shaman and high warlord, he did the same thing to other side.

We had this horde shaman raging IF on my old realm (Moonglade). He was mostly there alone, with some ele/resto spec, and just wtfpwned all of us. No clue how he did it, was a newb back then but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a prot paladin I don't get my ass kicked in a memorable way.

I either outlast them, bubble hearth or have my bubble hearth on cooldown and get swarmed by 10 people.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    A while ago in WG I was farming some shadows. There was this pimped out Orc DK next to me, but we sort of nodded at each other and let each other farm for abit.

Anyway, some Belf pally landed and started laying into me, managed to chase him off. I went around the next corner and ran into a big shadow mob. I was pretty low on health, and the Orc DK raced in and killed the mob.

I thanked him, he bowed. And shortly after laughed and cleaved me in half.

That's quite the simple for me.
    On my old server Anachronos during Vanilla we had a resto druid who used only WSG to lvl with. He had a very simple tactic that he used every time when he got to lvl 20.
    When the BG started he never wanted to be a part of the "raid" he would go solo all the way.
    He ran after the flag in either cat/travel form and then just ran off.
    This does not sound hard at all, but he was impossible to catch, no matter how many were after him, we would heal + form change to get out of snares.
    He dominated every WSG from lvl 20 to 60
    And his name still hunts my mind --- Lee

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my main: PvE Demo / PvP Destruction. Was flying around Scholozar to get another egg-that-won't-hatch-the-stupid-green-protodrake, when I saw an Alliance warrior from a guild known for ganking lowbies. Deciding to do my civic duty (eh, who am I kidding - did it for fun), I leapt from my drake and attacked... only to realize I was in PvE spec/gear. Won myself a free trip to the graveyard. Pwned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Me and my arena partner (Feral/Disc) getting owned by a Destro Lock 2v1...

We checked armory after that match, can't remember his name but he was boosting a Rogue (which apperantly didn't join or DC'D.) The lock was somewhere near 2.6k experienced, while we were at 1870ish.