Camo Latest Build.

"Camouflage no longer reduces your movement speed and no longer increases the damage done by your next attack."

I know, beta is beta. But this pretty much killed any chance of me masturbating tonight.

I'm sorry, but I laughed.

15+ Year Old Account
    haha yea. thats really dumb but its still good for pvp. i guess so u cant open up with a aimed shot on someone in arena on pop em to 50% right off the bat

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but you don't even have the ability yet... so why on earth are you and some others commenting on how effective they will be? We had a rogue QQ that smokebomb wont even be placed on his bars because it was so useless...

The ability hasn't even been tested yet on Beta servers. It will probably change another half dozen times before Cata hits.

I was commenting on my dislike for how it is currently. What's the point of it, then? Being temporarily untargetable? It's like a bubble, except we can't do anything but run away. The whole idea of Camouflage to begin with was it was supposed to have a predatory feel. If it makes it to live like this, and I'm not saying it will nor am I overlooking the fact that the beta still has a ways to go, the ability will be just be for flavor.

A bit of a waste on a new ability, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginn View Post
    I was commenting on my dislike for how it is currently. What's the point of it, then? Being temporarily untargetable? It's like a bubble, except we can't do anything but run away. The whole idea of Camouflage to begin with was it was supposed to have a predatory feel. If it makes it to live like this, and I'm not saying it will nor am I overlooking the fact that the beta still has a ways to go, the ability will be just be for flavor.

A bit of a waste on a new ability, imo.
    It acts as stealth when you stand still, do you know how valuable that is if you wish to solo? Skipping patrols is very nice. And the damage boost was 15% with the -30% run speed. Hardly anything that would be helpful for PvE dps. Just because its your lvl 85 ability doesn't mean it has to be for DPSing, watch as hunters use it to do impressive stuff they never could do before.

Can't say I'm surprised, given the emphasis blizzard has put on PvP abilities for some reason. It really sucks that it won't be useful in groups anymore.

The stealth part's still pretty nice for soloing, PvP and screwing around though.
    *shrug*

I'm prepared that the ability is going to be nerfed to 10 second duration, 2 minute cooldown, and that the shadowmeld-style stealth will be removed(Rogue/kitty's class defiining ability, etc). If it's anything better, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by Cornicer; 2010-08-21 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginn View Post
    "Camouflage no longer reduces your movement speed and no longer increases the damage done by your next attack."

I know, beta is beta. But this pretty much killed any chance of me masturbating tonight.
    Nothing says "Geek" more than jerking off to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Where does it say "But this pretty much killed any chance of me masturbating ABOUT WoW tonight."?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
    Where does it say "But this pretty much killed any chance of me masturbating ABOUT WoW tonight."?
    This.

People read what they want to.

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 04:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    It acts as stealth when you stand still, do you know how valuable that is if you wish to solo? Skipping patrols is very nice. And the damage boost was 15% with the -30% run speed. Hardly anything that would be helpful for PvE dps. Just because its your lvl 85 ability doesn't mean it has to be for DPSing, watch as hunters use it to do impressive stuff they never could do before.
    15% damage of an aimed shot isn't negligible. The ability as a whole is just really lackluster.

Let's be honest - this really isn't as big a deal as people make it out.

Yeah, this kills basically any use for the ability in endgame pve, but is 15% damage on the first attack you use such a big deal? You can only cast Camo out of combat, so it's not like you'd be stealthing every minute to knock off those huge Aimed Shots.

The loss of the speed debuff makes it a lot easier to tool around in for PvP/ganking/soloing, which is what it was really meant for.