Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    Even when BM was the end-all, be-all hunter spec of WoW, it wasn't that powerful in BGs, as compared to arenas. You might get one really fast kill in a BG, but that guy's rezzing in 30 seconds, and he's coming back to smash you without your cooldown up. In Arena, those 18 seconds of owning face had higher consequences.. so yes, it was nerfed for Arena and for no other reason..
    r u saying if BW hadent had been nerfed b.c of arena it would have been viable for raiding? if so , I think not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    ya but people want bg's to stay and arena to go yet you use all the same ablilites in both. a long bestial wrath in a bg would wreck everyone aswell.

---------- Post added 2010-08-22 at 05:50 PM ----------

I agree but BM wasn't even a viable spec in raiding so it didnt even matter lol
    Good god you're stupid.
    Bm was viable till it was nerfed because of Arena balancing.
    And you basically just said the biggest issue with Arenas, the balancing.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, I didn't want to have to use this in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    Disengage? Useless?
    Frostheim disagrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    Don't feed the troll
    [facepalm]
    I'm sorry, I just felt the need to post here and say well done on picking up on SARCASM. Sarcasm =/= trolling.
    [/facepalm]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Bm was viable till it was nerfed because of Arena balancing.
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/player/Hunter/

Doesnt look like BM was the one needing balancing.

I dont ever remember BM even being the best arena spec.

Look up Beast Cleave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look up Beast Cleave.
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v3/

i could only find 3.
    theres more PMR's
    hunter pally wariror.
    druid shaman lock
    healer shaman mage
    spriest mage resto shaman and more

Again BM isnt even close to the best spec in arena. MM rapes BM in arena ATM

as for beast cleave in 2's its not even that good. not one in the top 100 teams
    Last edited by hellar; 2010-08-22 at 07:13 PM.

Again BM isnt even close to the best spec in arena. MM rapes BM in arena ATM
    No shit, man. How could it be after, like I said, BW's duration was nerfed to hell and cut in half a long time ago? I'm not talking about recently, I'm talking about when it was actually useful. Which again.. brings me back to what I said about BW being a decent PvE ability that was nerfed for Arena. Not trying to say it's the greatest dps ability in the game, nor the best spec, or anything of the sort.

15+ Year Old Account
    No shit, man. How could it be after, like I said, BW's duration was nerfed to hell and cut in half a long time ago? I'm not talking about recently, I'm talking about when it was actually useful. Which again.. brings me back to what I said about BW being a decent PvE ability that was nerfed for Arena. Not trying to say it's the greatest dps ability in the game, nor the best spec, or anything of the sort.
    all i am saying is BM was never rape in arena. hunters kinda sucked in arena b4 WolTK then survival was the spec and then MM.

So i dont see why they nerfed BM for arena is it was never OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me, but I could've sworn this ability wasn't implemented for testing yet.

There are weird spell changes all the time (I'm looking at you, minimum range!). Blizzard messes around with different mechanics on their own servers a lot. Sometimes new builds of the Beta get shipped when they were right in the middle of doing stuff.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

To be honest it looks to be a toal useless ability in PvP anyway.
    It doesn't add anything to a Hunter that he alreadyd idn't have apart from stationary stealth and non-target ability.

Any smart person would see the "camoflagued" hunter and what he is trying to do and just move away.

15+ Year Old Account
    all i am saying is BM was never rape in arena. hunters kinda sucked in arena b4 WolTK then survival was the spec and then MM.

So i dont see why they nerfed BM for arena is it was never OP
    Uh yeah it was, season 5 says hello. Double TBW through readiness for 36 seconds of CC immunity.
    That's when and why it was nerfed.

You really don't have a clue at all, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Halazz View Post
    To be honest it looks to be a toal useless ability in PvP anyway.
    It doesn't add anything to a Hunter that he alreadyd idn't have apart from stationary stealth and non-target ability.

Any smart person would see the "camoflagued" hunter and what he is trying to do and just move away.
    Pretty much, or run in melee to hit him / AoE him out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Uh yeah it was, season 5 says hello. Double TBW through readiness for 36 seconds of CC immunity.
    That's when and why it was nerfed.

You really don't have a clue at all, do you?
    O b.c hunters were so OP in the beginning of season 5.

http://thehuntersrefuge.blogspot.com...-season-5.html
    Last edited by hellar; 2010-08-22 at 09:36 PM.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/3/all/all/all/all/

The top 5 most popular 3s teams go

1. Spellcleave
    2. RMP
    3. Warrior+double healer
    4. RLS
    5. Beast Cleave

And mind you that there are many different kinds of spellcleave and just 1 variation is on top, which one can then discern that spellcleave is far and above the most dominant comp. But Beastcleave is up there, only a few percent below RMP.

EDIT: Apparently some of the pally/shaman/hunter teams are actually ret/resto/MM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli View Post
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/3/all/all/all/all/

The top 5 most popular 3s teams go

1. Spellcleave
    2. RMP
    3. Warrior+double healer
    4. RLS
    5. Beast Cleave

And mind you that there are many different kinds of spellcleave and just 1 variation is on top, which one can then discern that spellcleave is far and above the most dominant comp. But Beastcleave is up there, only a few percent below RMP.

EDIT: Apparently some of the pally/shaman/hunter teams are actually ret/resto/MM
    Yep there are a lot less beast cleaves then people think

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I think you need to check the definition of major. PVP is not the greater focus of WoW. It has a role but it is certainly below PVE in the grand scope of the game, regardless of how many of us choose to PVP.
    That changed the moment they added arenas and zomg titles and mounts for facerolling in a cage for 10 minutes.

There is even a tournament for crying out loud, with real money.

Camo was made to entice the public to liking it. When it first came out everyone was excited about it and was "on board".

However, in blizzard fashion, they used the carrot on a stick method and led people one way and then suddenly changed it.

This change, similar to path of the titans and a great many other things. They announce one thing and give another. Blizzard makes planned changes for months ahead of when it actually happens. You can bet nothing is spontaneous. So when this stuff was announced at Blizcon. They already knew it would not be a released version. How I would love for someone to stand up at the next blizzcon and yell at a panel, "Nice addition to the game but will it actually be released."

It's another disappointing change on a long list of current disappointments. I'm not saying the hunter is broken but man it sure is hurting to play it. I just wonder how long blizzard can stand behind the, "it's still beta" and people continue to think things are all OK. In all reality, I guess right up till beta ends but I reserve that for only the blizzard employees, extremists or those that fall for the shit that blizzard shows in one hand and not whats in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Does everything you get have to increase your dps in some way for every pve fight? Are utility cooldowns not fun to you?
    I second this notion.

I just cant wait to stalk my friends around and scare the shit out of them with a blur.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I think you need to check the definition of major. PVP is not the greater focus of WoW. It has a role but it is certainly below PVE in the grand scope of the game, regardless of how many of us choose to PVP.
    You could argue your opinion in that if PVP wasn't such a big factor in WoW currently why would so many nerfs be the result of PVP...if in fact as you say it's a PVE oriented game?