Falarson, Guardian of Cenarius

Hello Role Players. I always liked this form of playing and decided to try to write a summary about my main World of Warcraft character. Also don't hate me for my bad english

Name: Falarson Wildpaw

Title: Guardian of Cenarius

Race: Night Elf

Class: Druid of the Wild

Birthplace: Auberdine, Darkshore.

Alignment: Neutral Good.

Affiliation: Cenarion Circle, Alliance, Cenarion Expedition, Argent Dawn, Argent Crusade, Sha'tari Skyguard.

Relatives: Parents: Nazrith Seabreeze and Ranestros Wildpaw. Half-Sister: Felandria Wildpaw (Now known as the Death

Knight Moonrend).

Strenghts: Great agility, stealth skills, steadfastness, intelligence.

Weaknesses: Wants revenge for his sister's death and for his missing father. Doesn't trust people.

Dislikes: The Legion, the Twilight Cult, the Scourge, Archdruid Staghelm.

Current Location (As of the Cataclysm): Cenarion Hold, Silithus.

Appearance: Picture

Personality: Lonely, distrustful, but cares about a few close ones.

Biography:

(This is a WIP. Character's personality may not match biography at this point of time)

Ranestros Wildpaw was a druid. A Tero'shan to Shan'do Cenarius. He had a great respect for him and his apprentice Malfurion Stormrage.

Ranestros used to attend classes with other students, learning the way of the druid. While it was a little hard for most of them, Ranestros quickly mastered the techniques, becoming one of Malfurion's friends, and shared some tips about the drudic arts with him.

His wife, or rather ex-wife, Nazrith, was a powerful mage at service of Queen Azshara, and a part of the Highborne.

Ranestros and Nazrith were a happy couple until the day that Nazrith changed the mantle of the Priestess of the Moon for the one of the Highborne mages. She was a member of the royal family, but didn't had any interest in magic prior to the formation of the Highborne caste. Ranestros highly mourned the break with his wife, but never stopped loving her. Specially after knowing she was pregnat.

As Queen Azshara and his servants summoned the Burning Legion to ancient Kalimdor, Ranestros fought the demons with his Shan'do and Malfurion.

When the time of breaking through the palace of Zin-Azshari came, Ranestros had to slaughter all the Highborne mages, but he hadn't had the courage to kill the woman he loved, and his son with her so he let Nazrith live.

As they were escaping from the palace, Narzrith couldn't endure the pressure anymore, and she had to give birth. A baby Night Elf came out of Nazrith. It was a rather impressive situation. They had to do everything very fast, and it the fact that the baby survived the moment was almost a miracle.

They hided in a cove near the town of Auberdine for a few hours until Nazrith's state improved. As soon as she could get up, she told Ranestros that her loyalty was only to Azshara. She left the now-father Ranestros and the baby alone in the cove, as she ran back to the chaotic elven capital. Since that day nothing is known about Nazrith.

As time passed, the two elves established themselves in the town. After the Sundering, the town was almost wiped out, so Ranestros helped the inhabitants to reconstruct it.

After a few years living there, the child, now known as Falarson, started to lean towards the druidic arts. Despite the fact he wasn't so good at nature magic, Falarson leaned towards an specific aspect of druidism: Shapeshifting. His abilities in Bear form were impressive. Capable of maul an enemy with unmatched quickness, Falarson soon started to fight the enemies of the Night Elven race that stalked the nearby woods.

A certain day they met some agents of the Cenarion Circle who were visiting Darshore. They had their base of operations in the Moonglade. The agents convinced Falarson and Ranestros to talk with Keeper Remulos, the son of Cenarius, who was in charge of the faction.

They traveled by hippogryph to the lake-side town so they could speak with Remulos. As they arrived the Keeper of the Grove greeted them and offered a place there to stay. Both accepted and stayed there studying for a few hundred of years.

Falarson met Archdruid Fandral Staghelm in Moonglade, but he didn't liked him at all. He was more friendly towards his son, Valstann. The two young elves were seen practicing their skills together very often, while Ranestros was enclosed on his theoric studies. Ranestros quickly taked Staghelm as his new Shan'do, since Stormrage went to sleep in the Barrow Dens.

While training in melee combat against Valstann, Falarson mastered his fighting skills in Bear Form. Glad he did, because he would need them soon.
    The drums of war started to sound again, and in Southern Kalimdor the elven cities were being decimated by the Silithid army. The now-evolved race of the Aqir switched targets from Trolls to Night Elves. The armies of the North had to move to the battlefield.

Both Falarson and Ranestros marched to Silithus in company of the Staghelms. The shadows of two fathers and two sons became one.

As the arrived they stationed themselves on Cenarion Hold, waiting for the time to strike the walls of Ahn'Qiraj. Falarson was really worried about the battle (and so was Valstann). Ranestros stood with him. Fandral and Valstann leaded the charge against the Qiraji, while Ranestros and Falarson were just a part of the army.

General Rajaxx led the Qiraji army, and soon they leaned towards Southwind Village.

Valstann decided to go and defend the settlement. Ranestros and Falarson went with him.

The battle continued for three days. They two druids and their young captain were tired by that time. Soon the Qiraji armies outnumbered the elves, and General Rajaxx charged towards Fandral's son. His claw was right on his throat.

A father's scream echoed through the land of Silithus. Before anyone could hear it, Valstann was torn apart by the Qiraji general. Fandral fell to his knees as Ranestros ran to the battle site, just to encounter a similar fate.

A dark tentacle emerged from the ground taking Ranestros to the depths of the earth. Like the Archdruid, Falarson was now devastated.

The village of Southwind quickly was reduced to rubbles and dust.

With Valstann dead, and the fate of Ranestros unknown the Qiraji army almost wiped out the Night Elven soldiers. Fandral led his forces out of Silithus, through the mountain passes and into the bowl of Un'Goro Crater.

They figured out that the Qiraji couldn't enter the crater for some reason.

As the Night Elves traveled back to the Tanaris Desert to ask the Dragonflight's aid once again, Falarson decided that he had too much of that war already, and broke apart from the group to the north.

After various days of wandering in the desert, he fell of unconsious near the beach. The only thing he remembers is that when he woke up, he was back at Auberdine. Something, or someone, took him back to his homeland.

For years he remained in northern Kalimdor, traveling back and forth to Moonglade to practice the druidic arts, mourning the loss of his father and his friend, and distrusting the Archdruid for his coward actions at the war.

-----------------------------------------------

There's still a lot to write there, but I'd like to know if I'm going in the good direction. Thanks
    Last edited by Falarson; 2010-08-21 at 03:21 AM.

Not bad. I'd advise you to avoid close relations with characters so important to the lore. It helps to ward against the "mary-sue" stereotype that gets tossed around like a beach ball at a Nickelback concert (yes, I stole that from some comedian; it's funny and it applies!). Minor lore hang-up; Malfuron wasn't a shan'do at any point during the War of the Ancients. He was still learning from Cenarius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
    Not bad. I'd advise you to avoid close relations with characters so important to the lore. It helps to ward against the "mary-sue" stereotype that gets tossed around like a beach ball at a Nickelback concert (yes, I stole that from some comedian; it's funny and it applies!). Minor lore hang-up; Malfuron wasn't a shan'do at any point during the War of the Ancients. He was still learning from Cenarius.
    Thanks Exxile, I'll probably change that part about Malfurion. And the relations aren't as close as they might seem, I should clear that up a bit.
    The only "close" one so far might be Falarson and Valstann, but we know Valstann dies so...

EDIT: I tried to search, but I failed to find any information regarding "who teached who" in the WotA times. The only thing I can tell from WoWWiki is that Malfurion was the first druid teached by Cenarius. I'm not even sure if he approached other Night Elves (I read a little bit of "The Sundering", and as far as I read it, Malfurion was a "special snowflake" among the elves).
    Last edited by Falarson; 2010-08-20 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    Thanks Exxile, I'll probably change that part about Malfurion. And the relations aren't as close as they might seem, I should clear that up a bit.
    The only "close" one so far might be Falarson and Valstann, but we know Valstann dies so...
    Yeah, I know he dies and that's not a big issue in my eyes. Even the minor characters had lives, and if they were close in age it isn't a stretch at all to assume that since night elves are so long lived and don't reproduce very often that they would have known of eachother and interacted. But since Fandral was born a thousand years after The Sundering, and Valstann was likely born much later, Falarson is older than even Staghelm Sr. You may want to fix that, as it leads to a rather glaring inconsistency in his timeline. I actually didn't catch this one until just now.
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    See what I did there?

Alright, fixed it and added some story about the War of the Shifting Sands

That's an improvement. I have to commend you on taking the criticism and critique as well as you have. A lot of newer roleplayers are offended if people don't love their perfect little snowflake, but you're adjusting for the lore and keeping your story in line with the rules of the Warcraft universe. Bravo, lad. Bravo.
    See what I did there?