cata: fresh dk (55)

when u first start a dk and u do all the quests and u gain items and spells, will that change like the stamina will increase on the items? and do u auto gain the lvl 55 spells that Beta/skills talent (for dks) has on there or do u gain then from quests? and will u be able to reforge your starter gear or when u finsh the dk zone?? and what presence do u start off with now? frost or unholy??

Please reply

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 04:40 AM ----------

and would u still be able to tank in unholy or just blood??

The DK leveling experience and what rewards you get as you level up (for example all your talent points) will remain the same, although adjusted for the now truncated trees.

You will be able to tank non-heroics with any spec by just being in blood presence, but you will be able to do a better job of holding aggro and taking FAR less damage if you are also blood spec.

No idea what presence you start out with/in, but probably frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The DK leveling experience and what rewards you get as you level up (for example all your talent points) will remain the same, although adjusted for the now truncated trees.

You will be able to tank non-heroics with any spec by just being in blood presence, but you will be able to do a better job of holding aggro and taking FAR less damage if you are also blood spec.

No idea what presence you start out with/in, but probably frost.
    They've said they want DPS Plate to be able to tank non-heroics but there is no garuntee this will happen. That was also before they switched to the 31 point trees that require you to put a point in the very last tier before you can touch anything from another tree. With that restriction it may make it difficult for Plate DPS to tank dungeons at lvl if they can't put a single point into any tanking talent until lvl 69.

hmmm any one know anything about reforging ur dk zone gear?.. that would be great get rid of hast or something like that and turn it into dodge or something like that, winwar

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    They've said they want DPS Plate to be able to tank non-heroics but there is no garuntee this will happen. That was also before they switched to the 31 point trees that require you to put a point in the very last tier before you can touch anything from another tree. With that restriction it may make it difficult for Plate DPS to tank dungeons at lvl if they can't put a single point into any tanking talent until lvl 69.
    While they've said that they scrapped the whole "every plate dps spec able to tank" with the introduction of Dual Spec, it should remain possible, although I am kind of iffy on it too given that they are increasing enemy damage for that level range pretty significantly.

RE: Reforging, you should be able to reforge the items, as far as I know on reforging - which is only what I've read - there is no lower level limit of gear.

That said, you probably won't want to reforge the gear. There's just not much need to and the gear itself is perfect for until you can start running underbog and a couple other nice instances that drop gem-slot items, once you have those items you get level 85 green gems and kick ass. Although I expect that the BoA gear will be getting a stam increase, but I'm not sure.

still looking for an awnsere to and do u auto gain the lvl 55 spells that Beta/skills talent