Thread: blink

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.

blink

several minutes ago i fought with a mage in gurubashi arena and i noticed something i thought odd:

he blinked twice within 15 seconds

iv played a mage 1-78 and i couldnt recall any glyph or talent to decrease the cd, only increasing the distance traveled or some unrelated buff after use

this mage was frost and was deep frost as he had the barrier, water elem and of course, deep freeze

im not trying to troll or something, i just want to know how he did it, i cant figure out how

*note: blink's cd, according to wowhead is 15 sec
    Last edited by Rainec; 2010-08-21 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Are you sure it was within 15 seconds? I have complained about priests using psychic scream before the cooldown was done ("I'm getting fucking feared every 15 seconds"), only to have my partner tell me it was past 26 seconds and that I have a terrible track of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    im sure, this was the scenario:

i chains of ice him and catch up to him, he blinks, i death grip him soon after the cd finishes (cant be longer than 5 seconds after first blink), mage blinks AGAIN

This seems very odd, can't recall anything that should make that work :/

Deleted
    The only way possible for the cooldown to be reduced or reset is if he was wearing 3 part Field Marshal's Regalia (http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=388/f...rshals-regalia). What level was this Mage? Name? Armory? Maybe he was wearing 3 parts specifically for the reduced cooldown, but I highly doubt it.

Other than that I think there was definately the 15 seconds between his 2 blinks, just he was spamming it to get away from you and used it right as it came off CD. Maybe those 15 seconds just seemed to fly by quick.

15+ Year Old Account
    lvl 80 mage, i dont remember name, he was wearing lvl 80 gladiator gear, full relentless and/or diff season, no marshals

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He didn't.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

15+ Year Old Account
    hacking is not uncommon on my server, i see real speed hacks and the like every week

Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    several minutes ago i fought with a mage in gurubashi arena and i noticed something i thought odd:

he blinked twice within 15 seconds

iv played a mage 1-78 and i couldnt recall any glyph or talent to decrease the cd, only increasing the distance traveled or some unrelated buff after use

this mage was frost and was deep frost as he had the barrier, water elem and of course, deep freeze

im not trying to troll or something, i just want to know how he did it, i cant figure out how

*note: blink's cd, according to wowhead is 15 sec
    Troll or you can't keep track of time for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    hacking is not uncommon on my server, i see real speed hacks and the like every week
    Then you just answered your own question. Although with your scenario it sounds more like you just lost track of time.

Are you sure he just wasn't lagging? See this happen all the time with rogues. Look's like they're blinking, but they're moving the same speed as everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've seen this happen... mages were blinking fast... i didn't know if they were off cd or not

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no hack that could reset cooldowns. They are calculated in the Blizzard side. But your position comes from your computer and can be altered, thus resulting a speed hack.
    I'm pretty sure you have just been mistaken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    Troll or you can't keep track of time for shit.
    i politely ask for an explanation and u say im trollng and insult me, gtfo