Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosion_Rex View Post
    There are lots of Forsaken with free will. The thing is, where else are they going to go?

Would you willingly serve someone who would turn you into a monster? The Forsaken rebelled against Arthas, what makes you think that their own victims wouldn't rebel against them? Personally I would try to cause as much internal destruction as possible to prevent them from spreading their evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Getting killed, raised by the Lich King and breaking free from his grasp is one thing. Getting killed by the twisted Forsaken to be raised as one of them is another. Those genocidial lunatics curse their fate and yet are willing to spread the same suffering. I doubt that humans raised as Forsaken, with their free will intact, would accept their fate just like that. To them Sylvanas and the Forsaken would be no different from Arthas and his minions. What would you do if a mad scientist would turn you into a monster? You would probably try to kill him. They would rebel and cause the faction to collapse, or at least to lose more people in a civil war than what they would gain.
    Ok, you hate forsaken. I like forsaken. Will you change your mind? no. Will I change mine? no. Have a nice day, the way out is right there.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken freed from the LK's grasp have free will, IIRC the new Forsaken raised by Sylvanas are not given free will after that one guy tries to kill her

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Ok, you hate forsaken. I like forsaken. Will you change your mind? no. Will I change mine? no. Have a nice day, the way out is right there.
    LOL, you know what would be great. It's offtopic but if the forsaken raised the entire population of southshore then sent them back to stormwind. The alliance could have a quest eliminating their own people as they beg for mercy.

That said not liking the way they are changing things. I understand the problem was that people had started to see the horde as the good guys, and the alliance as the bad guys and they are trying to reverse it. Still, they are going about it in a crappy way.

good to see, especially since the alliance get to keep their exclusive 20-30 zones (wetlands and duskwood,) while formerly horde-only areas like thousand needles and stonetalon are becoming shared and having their level ranges re-adjusted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibalghoul View Post
    good to see, especially since the alliance get to keep their exclusive 20-30 zones (wetlands and duskwood,) while formerly horde-only areas like thousand needles and stonetalon are becoming shared and having their level ranges re-adjusted
    I think this as well. there were a lot of zones that were marked as contested, but practically were alliance. This new development makes sense both in lore and gameplay.

You are right, new hillsbrad is the duskwood of forsaken now

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a bit sad really that they ruin such a lovely zone with the Forsaken. Should've been the Forsaken on the run from an angry Trollbane there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyildr View Post
    It is a bit sad really that they ruin such a lovely zone with the Forsaken. Should've been the Forsaken on the run from an angry Trollbane there.
    But why would there be trollbanes on hillsbrad....?

and aesthetics are entirely subjective.

I like new Forsaken architecture, let them fill the whole pathetic zone with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    I like new Forsaken architecture, let them fill the whole pathetic zone with it!
    Its so... purple, Im enthralled by the purpleness, it even tastes...purple.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's always good to have something neat to look at while you annihilate towns.

Like the Northrend Alliance bases, they look so much better than the Vanilla versions, which makes me want to go there more often just to admire it. I'm sure Alliance would feel the same to the Northrend Horde bases.

But yeah... More to the point, Hillsbrad is becoming the Forsaken's equivalent to Duskwood. Which is a shame since that means Southshore Vs. Tarren Mill wars will become a fading memory.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    It's always good to have something neat to look at while you annihilate towns.

Like the Northrend Alliance bases, they look so much better than the Vanilla versions, which makes me want to go there more often just to admire it. I'm sure Alliance would feel the same to the Northrend Horde bases.

But yeah... More to the point, Hillsbrad is becoming the Forsaken's equivalent to Duskwood. Which is a shame since that means Southshore Vs. Tarren Mill wars will become a fading memory.
    Yeah, but i guess that stonetalon and s barrens will fill that void, barrens chat will be pure trash talk now!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I always hated questing in Hillsbrad.

As a Forsaken, you are pathed into the zone by quests, yet there are plenty of Alliance people that think it's a good idea to go out of their way to destroy Tarren Mill just because the zone is contested.

The zone was about as contested as the market competition for oil back in the 1800's. It always was a majority Horde zone. Anyone complaining needs to get over it as there are plenty of other formerly contested zones that are becoming majority Alliance according to beta videos.

inb4worldpvpbrah
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But why would there be trollbanes on hillsbrad....?

and aesthetics are entirely subjective.
    Because they killed his cousin of course. He'll take back Stromgarde, burn down Hammerfall and burn and pillage a path all the way to the Silverpine border. At least that is what I hoped seeing. A lot more beautiful that sludge and some ugly towers.

Its so... purple, Im enthralled by the purpleness, it even tastes...purple.
    Purple rain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raivosoturi View Post
    Good. How many alliances leveled at Hillsbrad anyways? Not me at least.
    I did, and i loved it :O!
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purple rain?
    mmmm, maybe? its hard to define all that purpleness

Because they killed his cousin of course. He'll take back Stromgarde, burn down Hammerfall and burn and pillage a path all the way to the Silverpine border. At least that is what I hoped seeing. A lot more beautiful that sludge and some ugly towers.
    And WE are the fanboys?

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    I always hated questing in Hillsbrad.

As a Forsaken, you are pathed into the zone by quests, yet there are plenty of Alliance people that think it's a good idea to go out of their way to destroy Tarren Mill just because the zone is contested.

The zone was about as contested as the market competition for oil back in the 1800's. It always was a majority Horde zone. Anyone complaining needs to get over it as there are plenty of other formerly contested zones that are becoming majority Alliance according to beta videos.

inb4worldpvpbrah
    Yeah, the first time I went there (hillsbrad) was my very first toon and after like the first two quests I did I got fed up with getting raped by some 60 after every 20 feet i went. I never quested there again. I always headed to the barrens asap as it was Horde territory and after BC I always took my alts to the BE area as soon as I could.

It has always been mostly Horde controlled from the overall content in the zone, but I could never get anything done because of the constant camping.

I have to agree, it sucks that pretty much wherever the Forsaken go the native life now gets killed and the zone gets turned into some sort of ghoulish industrial park.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzahara View Post
    I have to agree, it sucks that pretty much wherever the Forsaken go the native life now gets killed and the zone gets turned into some sort of ghoulish industrial park.
    tree hugger much? well, we all have our inclinations.