So what's the deal with ordering Cata on Amazon?

If I were to order Cata on amazon would it come the day of the launch or before hand? If it came the day beforehand I'm under the assumption that you just install it and wait until 12:00 to sign on. I am just looking for the optimal head start

Unless somebody joins the thread and proves me completely wrong (and they will) then I doubt you'll be getting it the day before. On the contrary, I don't think you'll get it until after the 12:00 release.

I suppose that it depends on your shipping options. I chose the free shipping option, but as a result I'll have to wait 5 to 8 days until it comes to my front door.

It sucks that I can't jump right in, but it does have it's benefits. Since I'm rolling a goblin toon as my main, I'm sure the extra wait will allow a lot of the initial rush to pass by. That means less people to take my kills/items, and I can enjoy the zones more. And with phasing technology, I expect even less people.
    Running away and looking like a BAMF since 1998.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I ordered Wrath from Amazon it arrived a few days after release. Don't remember what my shipping option was though.