Deleted

Soul Link IS Gone [NOT trainable]

"Update - Removed Rhumba and Soul Link changes, might be a parsing bug. Will wait and see in-game."

"Update 09:00PM PDT - Servers are up, updated Worgen creation screen, Rhumba and Soul Link are indeed gone. Same for hunters ranged dead zone."

front page. Discuss? So now we become "tankish" caster without tankish talent we had... . Not even a trainable:P Or so i guess by the sound of above quoutes

Or a bug? Or wrong wording? Can't verify this myself.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2010-08-21 at 06:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not gone. It is trainable at lvl 20. GC has confirmed this several times already. Boub is wrong.

They're probably moving away from warlock's reliance on soul link for PvP and will give them other ways of passive defense. This change does seem iffy in light of the new tier 2 demonology talent that allows your demon to be instant cast whenever you last one dies.

Edit: NVM if what Elovan says is right. Still, the new demo change is pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

hunter deadzone is a bug, confirmed by a blue, soul link is probably the same. they said they didn't want it to be a talent - so they probably removed the talent, but didn't get around to making it trainable yet... probably :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    soul link trainable at 20 & no more a spec talent?

Believed that the lack of soul link is a bug, when it should be appearing at the trainer.
    Or so seems to be the hope anyway.

Deleted
    *Brings sign with large friendly yellow letters* It's beta, don't panic!

Just have a little faith and letthem fix it. Beta is meant to be full of bugs

GC: To clear up a lot of misinformation...

Soul Link is a trainable ability.
    Hunters still have a minimum range.
    Demonic Rebirth has a significant cooldown.
    Warlocks still have a cast time to summon demons, but can dismiss them instantly.
    Hunters can summon pets instantly, but have a cast time to dismiss them. They cannot switch pets in combat.
    Call Stabled Pet has been removed since hunters can call any of their 5 active pets.

Source

Whoah, you can read things on main page, thanks for letting us know.

"It's a design flaw that rogues and locks are so dependent on Prep and Soul Link respectively. Those talents are currently holding the classes back. Now we can't balance around the assumption that you have those talents so your classes need to function without them. Maybe it means lowering base cooldowns...."

Though it's ok that every Lock gets it and every Rogue does not gain Preparation. I'm not really QQing or care, just saying.

Deleted
    sweet

Update 11:30PM PDT - Ok, Soul Link is still here, it just doesn't show up in the spellbook before you train it, I guess I'll just hug the trainers for future beta builds, looks like spellbook "alerts" and spells are implemented separately. Also, the hunter dead zone is confirmed to be a bug.
    So soul link, while not listed on the spellbook with the alert you can learn it, you can still apparantly get it from the trainer.