Tarot System? Instant Profession Leveling

So I was checking through the list of items that Boub datamined and found these:
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/61380/j...hemists-tarot/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/61938/e...hemists-tarot/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/61939/a...hemists-tarot/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/61940/m...hemists-tarot/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/61941/g...hemists-tarot/

So I think that somehow this may be implemented for all of the professions. It would help a lot but also kind of takes away from the experience of leveling up a profession. What do you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goodchicken3 View Post
    What do you think?
    I think it's a beta/PTR thing for testing professions.
    Could also be a new rank-trainer with a funny wording.

Likely made from inscription, also likely to be very expensive (both to make and on the AH)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its from darkmoon fair. Its a Tarot is its likely....
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

Deleted
    prolly beta stuff, bwould be nice if implemented...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybeloras View Post
    Likely made from inscription, also likely to be very expensive (both to make and on the AH)
    Don't think those things will be proffession made. Blizzard isn't that stupid.

Well the fishing and cooking daily currently gives +1 to skill, maybe dailies for other professions?
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I think it's a beta/PTR thing for testing professions.
    This. It's so people can test the new alchemy without having to grind level the whole 1-375 part all over again. This isn't gonna make it live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    Well the fishing and cooking daily currently gives +1 to skill, maybe dailies for other professions?
    They don't?
    I have been doing my cooking daily for a while now, trying to get 450 -.-
    And I have not seen my quest add points to my cooking skill.
    Level 100 Blood Elf Paladin / Holy + Protection
    Anar'alah belore!
    Talvira, EU-Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by ulv View Post
    They don't?
    I have been doing my cooking daily for a while now, trying to get 450 -.-
    And I have not seen my quest add points to my cooking skill.
    He's talking about beta, where they DO reward a skillup as part of the reward.

Edit: to clarify i haven't checked the Dalaran daily's just the ones in SW (which is how i know they're new)
    Last edited by Nexus2089; 2010-08-22 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's cool ^^
    I only played beta once to see the Troll starting area.
    Goblin/Worgen creation screens are still buggy
    Level 100 Blood Elf Paladin / Holy + Protection
    Anar'alah belore!
    Talvira, EU-Skullcrusher

Maybe something like that makes it to live.

A few points to consider..

- they said (if i'm not mistaken) that they will change glyphs so that you learn them permanently -> how to make money with inscription then?
    - the only step in profession leveling which needs to be 'hard" is the last step, currently that would be 375-450, who cares if you can powerlevel 1-375 with scrolls which in turn will also cost mats?
    - it seems that they are also adding recipes to create plans for other profession (see inscription post), that will also be a nice addition, inscription becoming kind of a meta-tradeskill

The ability to make darkmoon decks, profession plan, skillup and buff scrolls would be enough to make it a money making profession, and a fun one at that with the randomness.

EDIT: spelling..:/

Well that's cool ^^
    Hey, what a great use for a beta key!

Deleted
    Well that's cool ^^
    Wow, why did you sing up for beta in first place then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vreid View Post

- it seems that they are also adding recipes to create plans for other profession (see inscription post), that will also be a nice addition, inscription becoming kind of a meta-tradeskill
    Very nice idea indeed...hope to see it implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by goodchicken3 View Post

So I think that somehow this may be implemented for all of the professions. It would help a lot but also kind of takes away from the experience of leveling up a profession. What do you think?
    Takes away from the experience... of grinding your way through a progression of mostly-useless items, that you either vendor or DE??

I see these like legacy flying in Northrend. And as possibly one of the new "gold sinks" for Cata.

I couldn't fly until I got to 77 on my main, and when I got to 80 I had the option of buying cold weather flying for any of my alts.

I would enjoy being afforded the choice of bumping-up my skill in a given trade-skill, with the price on a sliding scale which increased sharply as the amount of "bumping".

I could choose to skip just the part of training that required "old world" mats, or Old World -and- BC mats, etc.

Rich characters could flit between FotM professions, while purists would grind-out the entire enchilada - and feel better about themselves in the process.

Only downside I see is how this would effect people who farm mats for the professions.

Would it hurt farmers to have a lot less buyers for the mats they are trying to sell, because it would only be the poor and/or purists leveling the professions who would need to buy mats - while the rich were power-leveling without having to buy any mats?

Right know, on any of the profession threads, there is frequent mention on how much gold is needed to power-level. What if you could pay that, or even 2x that, to save yourself all that time?
    Last edited by Yseraboy; 2010-08-27 at 06:48 PM. Reason: added effect on farmers

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said a while back that leveling a profession a second time on an alts will become super easy. So I expect this to be account bound items that you can create with your level 450 tailor to skill up another tailor.