10+ Year Old Account

Question about Guarded by the Light

So I've been tanking end game content for about 2 weeks now (tanked ICC 10 8 days after I dinged woot!) and my talent spec only uses one point in guarded by the light for two reasons mainly, I personally have never seen the mana gain tick while I had two points in the talents, and I like a little more raid utility with having Divine Sacrifice in the mix (while OT'ing in a heavy raid damage fight, that 30% shield wall makes things easier on the healers).

Because I don't have enough posts to link things I'll just paste the tags after wowhead.com

Talent Spec:
    talent#sZE0tA0ugGsIuszEb

Guarded by the Light per wowhead:
    spell=53585

Dump reckoning, or just spec like http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...Lazeil&group=1

You might want to sacrifice something in ret for touched by the light 3/3 if you go with that build tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Dump reckoning, or just spec like "link you posted"

You might want to sacrifice something in ret for touched by the light 3/3 if you go with that build tho.
    Thanks for the advice but that wasn't what I was asking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Umm, if you question is whether I should put 1 or 2 points in GbtL, the answer is 2- You gain another 3% less spell damage taken, and on a Magic-heavy fight (where HS and armor does very little), you WILL notice that 3% off the 75,000 Breath attack.

Deleted
    then what was your question? because i can't find even a hint of a question in that post.

besides, that spec (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZE0tA0ugGsIuszEb) is absolutely worthless. here's what you are missing out on compared to a regular 0/53/18 spec:

3% reduced spell damage.
    20% reduced attack speed for your judgement target
    3% crit raid debuff
    AP debuff
    a great trash and heroic seal.
    15% movement speed
    3% damage
    an extra 3% damage against 99% of the mobs in ICC.

what did you gain for that?
    5% extra healing taken: overhealing.
    10% chance to do an extra attack: the attack can't proc a seal and isn't affected by righteous fury.
    5% extra mana from heals: 1/2 is enough, since most trash and bosses in ICC hit hard enough to gain enough mana back. and besides, divine plea helps a lot.
    10% reduced mana cost: if you have mana issues in an instance, you don't have enough mobs on you, or you are just playing wrong.
    1s reduced cooldown on judgement: situational. if you are using 96969, that would only be useful for an add pickup, and you have frisbee and hand of reckoning for that.

edit: and you mentioned divine sacrifice, but A) that's worthless without divine guardian and B) you didn't pick up divine guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on weather or not you run with a ret paladin or a mut rouge or elemental shaman it is perfectly fine to use the points from heart of the crusader & improved judgments for benediction as all 3 of those specs provide the exact same buff. (I forget but a hunter spec may also)
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I suck at questions... But okay, nzall your post would have been better without the sarcasm. Thanks though.

What I was actually trying to ask was does Guarded by the Light simply add the difference of the current time left subtracted from the difference (like, if you've got 10 seconds left, it just adds 5 seconds) or does it act like its just recasting divine plea (overwriting the current buff and causing you to not hit the 3 second tick for the mana)

Sorry for the confusion.

If I understand correctly, you are asking if the refresh of Divine Plea cuts off the timer (getting back mana every 3 seconds) when it refreshes?

If that's the case, just use a little logic. No weapon has a swing speed slower than 3 seconds (and most of our special attacks count as melee attacks regardless) so Divine Plea would never proc if the refresh by Guarded by the Light made us have to wait 3 more seconds for 5% of our mana back.

Also, there is really only one Prot Paladin build that is used on current live realms (outside of maybe Heroic-25 Lich King) and that is the 53/18 build that nzall posted above. So just use that build and forget about considering 1/2 in Guarded by the Light, taking points in Reckoning and any other variations you've considered.

Guys stop trying to stifle his creativity, he can spec however he wants to tank icc.

My personal favorite spec for tanking LK25 heroic: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sxAbxh...MhxZVcbxMh:AVs
    I dont use minor glyphs because the government wont let me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Wow I suck at questions... But okay, nzall your post would have been better without the sarcasm. Thanks though.
    There was no sarcasm in his answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down