Thread: A book forum.

A book forum.

Not much to explain here. Just want a forum for books/magizines,I always thought it was odd there wasn`t one.
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

15+ Year Old Account
    What compells you to want to talk about it here, on a gaming forum? There are hundreds of ideas for OT threads, but in the end if you want it, you gotta justify why you want it, and have enough in the community to want it.

There have been a few threads about books before. I used to even have one bookmarked where people posted their top 10 favorite fantasy books. If you want specific threads, I'm sure you can convince the moderators to let them be posted somewhere in the existing forums. (Just not too many and obviously decent threads.)

15+ Year Old Account
    A literature forum wouldn't be bad.. I'd love to take a break from my WoW fanboyism and argue with people about my comic book fanboyism..

Deadpool \m/

Why not a book forum when there are forums for computer, TV, movies, music and video games. Just to gather all the book related threads at one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    A literature forum wouldn't be bad.. I'd love to take a break from my WoW fanboyism and argue with people about my comic book fanboyism..

Deadpool \m/
    Yeah! I got a moderator on my side, that`s like 100 people, right?

On a more serious note I think would be top off our off topic fourums by including written media. We already have everything else.
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

10+ Year Old Account
    A photoshop thread would be cool.
    Signature Maker|Open|Queue: 0|My RP characters

Please only message ONE artist for a signature.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think a literature forum would be nice.
    Would be fun to see some other people who appreciate the good works like Hyperion, or H.P. Lovecraft (cause we know WoW players love those books).
    Dawwwwwww

Fantasy books come mainly in two categories for me:

Books by Raymond E. Feist
    &
    Books by George R.R. Martin.

I either haven't read the rest, or I have read em and don't think as highly of em as these.
    Obvious exceptions being lifetime-books such as Lord of the Rings etc.

A fantasy-writer discussion something you're looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    ... or H.P. Lovecraft (cause we know WoW players love those books).
    never read them , i am reading the wheel of time series atm (i'm at book 7) anyone read those ? (anyone knows in what book spoiler removed)

@oneru i read the books by G.R.R.M too (song of ice and fire) ==> GREAT
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-08-23 at 02:25 PM.
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

While I support it, I really think it would be the least active of the Off Topic forums by a lot.

A general section for off topic would probably be more useful.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

I support this idea. Not that my vote necessarily means anything...
    But really - most gaming nerds I know are also avid readers (like myself). I'd love to have a place to bounce off suggestions for books to read, or talk about newest releases by our favorite authors.
    Could also be a place to re-direct all "Knaak" related posts. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Datub View Post
    never read them , i am reading the wheel of time series atm (i'm at book 7) anyone read those ? (anyone knows in what book spoiler removed)

@oneru i read the books by G.R.R.M too (song of ice and fire) ==> GREAT
    Robert jordan was the best author of my generation imo. No one even close to him especially in the sci fi/fantasy area since gibson herbert and tolkien are from a time past. I have probably read the entire series 6 times now and it is probably the most in depth series of books ever the man is a genious for being able to tie stuff together and forshadow events that he wouldn't write about for 10 years.

A literature forum would be nice if the server can support it. But that would have to be a requirement, as the off-topic forums are far from the busiest ones.