Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    It is IMO hopeless at this point to level and try and get gear on anything without tons of grief. Your character is 80 now let it sit till cataclysm and start playing it then where you'll have the same gear as everyone else around and nobody will treat you like shit (maybe i should say less people, since there will always be aholes out there).
    Hmm, I find gearing ok. You WILL get some random assholes who insist on wanting everyone to have 5.5K+ for heroic gundrak so they can faceroll and get it done inside 3.5 minutes.

For the rest of us, don't sweat it, grow a thicker skin and make the most of the chances u do get. 3.6k-5.2k GS inside my first day (/played day) of 80 on a new alt (shammy). Did I spend some cash on it? Yes. Did I suck in some groups and get shouted at? Yes. Did either of these things bother me so much? No.

My mains are in a good place (icc 25m HM's) so I may have some advantage somewhere (at least good players/friends around me) but it just takes a bit of effort and smarts.

First ICC 10m on the character tonight so I should see 5.3/5.4k by morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    Lesson of the day? A newly dinged 80 shouldn't attempt to tank heroics. People are going to almost double outgear you and you won't be able to hold aggro, also if you aren't defense capped it doesn't make a whole lot of difference what his gear is if you take spike damage with a low amount of HP you're done for. Go DPS until you gear up some.
    This.

People act like they can't help not having gear because everyone has to start from scratch when they ding 80 but this doesn't mean you start as a tank. I leveled one tank at the very start of wotlk and tanked heroics the first week when everyones gear sucked. I leveled two more tanks in the second half of wotlk and I went dps at 80 and built up gear before I went back to tank. I have no right to slow down a run by tanking with people in 245+ gear when I could just dps for a couple of days. I know its nice to skip the queue but thats just selfish. Do what is most efficient for everyone - go dps.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

as long as you can hold aggro, and don't get 2 shotted or something (and trust me, you won't with these crappy wotlk mobs), then as a healer i seriously don't care if you are naked.

So did you hold aggro or not? Did you afk or not?

If you were doing fine, then it's the healer's fault. If you lost aggro, then it's your fault. If you don't press some cooldowns to survive, it's your fault.

Yeah, link your armory or we're left to assume you're one of the many DKs who dinged 80 and then queued as tank in dps gear just to get a free queue. Thats about every other tank I get these days. I refuse to heal them out of principle. Don't tack on 5-10 minutes to the run for 4 other people just to save yourself 10min queue. 20-40 combined minutes > 10.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

To those saying you shouldn't queue as tank when newly dinged, as long as they are def capped (which they can get from cheap boe blues with some gems and enchants on them), they should be fine, and so should you. Don't complain before you have even seen them in action. In my experience the absolute worst tanks I have met were in current tier raid gear. Those couldn't hold aggro off a fly. On the other hand, I have seen tanks who barely hit 80 keep aggro from 3 raid geared dps. Apparently, tanking is more about skill and focus, and well geared tanks don't usually pay attention in 5mans. When you suggest a tank should leave before he has done a single pull, you need to rethink what you are saying, and maybe consider that 5 man dungeons can be done without ICC heroic gear.

Again, I'm not talking about retard dps geared people queue'ing as tanks, but rather about those who are capable of tanking, but don't meet certain people's extremely high standards.
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver