10+ Year Old Account

Question Elemental Build, 43/8/20

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this build recently, in ICC. I've thought about it, but wanted to know if it's viable or not.

Here's the link: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hEc0qzdItMbZ0xhZEbh00x

I also noticed some points in resto, I'm guessing those are optional for other things in the elemental tree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you really paying attention to all the top tier talents you are skipping in ele? Absolutely terrible.

I don't know if I should laugh or admit I died a little inside....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not my build, it's one from wowwiki someone posted.

Probably should've said this is an updated spin-off of the old LB/CL spam spec from BC. It says on wowwiki you can switch the points from resto into other talents as well.

Whoever posted this is COMPLETELY wrong. There is next to no right in this build. It completely over values crit. Absolutely not. Terrible.

Ummm, nope.

Shamanism alone makes up for any benefit you get from the 20 points wasted in the resto tree in that build.

Let alone ToW and Lightning Overload (If you wanted a pure LB/CL spam build both of these are essential as well)

Yeah, that build is just garbage and we are all dumber for having looked at it.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

What is this. I don't even...

That build makes no sense for anything other than maybe- and this is a big maybe - soloing instances. Otherwise taking any of those points in resto is a waste as far as being a DPS goes.

By not going down the ele tree and skipping call of flame you are missing out on a lot of dps boosting talents.

I know you said "the person who posted this" said you can put those resto talents elsewhere but my question is why would you even put them there to begin with.

You try to go in ICC with this build and you will most likely be laughed right out of the instance.

I can never unsee this
    Hi Sephurik

That build has you lacking 400 spell power from not getting totem of wrath alone no self respecting ele sham worth there salt could skip over that talent. and the 1 in the link looks like there going for 5% extra lighting bonus over getting 20% lighting bonus. honestly i cant even see this for a leveling build because its missing vital abilities from both ele and resto.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    My sarcasm meter just blew up and killed half the town. I hope you're happy now.

Deleted
    Locking before this gets too hairy.
    Read the lower talents before you make a thread like this. Why would a bit of extra crit be better then shamanism, LO and lava flows.