Another patch before cataclysm?!

I remember seeing a post a long time ago, talking about patch 3.9 if i can recall. It was the the patch that was suppose to bring back the gnome city, gnomergan (sorry if i spelled it wrong, i don't really have interst in any alliance in game material) . I can even remember seeing a Blizzard post on the real wow website saying something about it, but everything has slipt my mind..
    So my question is... will there be another patch coming out before cataclysm... and to make the question more fun, would that mean a new arena season?....
    ty all (:

They did label it 3.9 at some point. They have also stated all that content is currently in game (Which is why it was datamined so long ago, and also why they were able to test the events on the PTR a few months ago). So basically, when Blizzard feel like doing it, they can just toggle those events on. It might be that theres a smalle 3.9 patch they're going to deploy at the same time. or maybe they changed their minds

10+ Year Old Account
    no it wouldnt mean a new arena season and yes it should be coming out a month before cata releases so i'm going to go ahead and guess it will come out half way into september if not then towards the end
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNemesis View Post
    They did label it 3.9 at some point. They have also stated all that content is currently in game (Which is why it was datamined so long ago, and also why they were able to test the events on the PTR a few months ago). So basically, when Blizzard feel like doing it, they can just toggle those events on. It might be that theres a smalle 3.9 patch they're going to deploy at the same time. or maybe they changed their minds
    Actually they said they would add pretty much all the features from Cataclysm with 3.9 (or whatever they end up calling it) so no all content isn't ingame already only the Gnomeregan/Echo Isle things.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    About 1-2 months before an expansion hits, Blizzard usually releases a patch containing the new talent trees and some other changes. in Wrath this included Achievements. In BC, it included talent trees, and some stuff I can't remember. The patch shortly before BC was labeled as 2.0, the one for Wrath was labeled 3.0, so the Cata one will be 4.0. I haven't heard of any patch 3.9, but if they release some content with the capitals prior to Cata launch it will probably be in the 4.0 patch.

P.S. To clear things up a little, I have heard some about a patch 3.9 on these forums, but nothing on the official site or forums, and I definitely haven't heard anything about a patch 3.9 from any official Blizzard statements or publications.

I m hoping the patch lets heroics drop frost badges so i can gear some of my crappier 80s those cata duegeons dont seem to be friendly to toons in no gear.

On World of Raids interview with Tom Chilton

Pre-release patch, Cataclysm launch event

* Patch 3.9 will be the pre-release patch.
    * Will include a lot of the game systems and changes before an expansion comes out.
    * New talent trees, mastery system.
    * 3.9 will introduce the pre-release event. The event itself will take place about 2 weeks before Cataclysm releases.
    * Cataclysm cinematic will be tied in to the world event to link 3.9 and 4.0 together.

Gnomer/Echo Isles event files are already in-game at the moment, they just need to be activated, which I assume should be very soon.

As for Patch 3.9 or 4.0, which ever you want to call it, that will be a few weeks to a month before Cataclysm is released, which will bring all the changes just like Patch 2.0 did for BC and 3.0 did for WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazus View Post

* Will include a lot of the game systems and changes before an expansion comes out.
    * 3.9 will introduce the pre-release event. The event itself will take place about 2 weeks before Cataclysm releases.
    * Cataclysm cinematic will be tied in to the world event to link 3.9 and 4.0 together.
    That sounds exactly like the 2.0 patch for BC and the 3.0 patch for WotLK. He also said in the interview that 3.9 isn't necessarily what they're going to call it, and considering their history for the last two expansions, the 3.9 and 4.0 are going to be the same thing. 3.9 is going to be everything you get if you don't buy Cata, and 4.0 is going to be the purchasable content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazus View Post

The cata event ( the actual cataclysm land changes) will be 2 weeks before the expansion , they will just turn in on , 3.9 will happen before hand (troll's echo isles, gnome's gnomergan and talent changes)

thought id make it more clear

They will not make all the changed to the world at exactly the same time as we will all be in the first phase of everything, as we phase more through the cataclysm experience via questing etc it is VERY differant, goblin starting zone changes from a nice island to an errupted volcano creating hell.