Holy Word: Chastise macro

Okay, I'm seeking help to produce a one-button Holy Word: Chastise macro.

For those that aren't watching the Priest changes in Cataclysm much they have received a new ability called Holy Word: Chastise, a single-target nuke. However, it interacts with another talent Chakra, which puts you into different healing "states." While you are in these states Holy Word: Chastise changes into Holy Word: Aspire, Holy Word: Serenity, and Holy Word: Sanctuary (for Renew, Heal, and Prayer of Healing respectively). In this case the name on the ability actually changes such that any macro containing "Holy Word: Chastise" is no longer recognized. This is made more complicated by the fact that Chastise is designed to target an enemy, Aspire and Serenity target allies, and Sanctuary has a targeting circle.

I know it's not possible for a macro to check whether you have a particular buff, so I couldn't take that approach. I tried layering all four abilities into a single macro in hopes it would just cast whichever it could but that lead to a variety of errors.

And so now having exhausted my...erm...skills as a macro designer I'm wondering if anybody here has any idea how it would be possible for a single macro to cast four different abilities with different targeting systems depending on circumstance.

It's tricky but something like this perhaps. Not in the Beta to test.

#showtooltip
    /cast [harm]Holy Word: Chastise;[help,mod:alt]Holy Word: Aspire;[help,mod:shift]Holy Word: Serenity;[mod:ctrl]Holy Word: Sanctuary

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

15+ Year Old Account
    Won't the chastise button just change depending on what chakra state you're in? therefore no macro needed?

or am i missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Erudus View Post
    Won't the chastise button just change depending on what chakra state you're in? therefore no macro needed?

or am i missing something
    Yeah, the button changes. The issue is that I heal using mouseover macros rather than selecting my target; while I certainly can make select->casting work, it's less efficient. That's just the problem I'm trying to solve for myself.

Bump for response. Having the exact problem with my priest now that it's live.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 10:16 PM ----------

Answered my own question through trial and error. The traditional
    "#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Holy Word: Chastise; Holy Word: Chastise" mouseover macro works universally, but only if you have another copy of chastise on your bar with no macro.
    It doesn't need to be used, it just needs to be there.
    Odd glitch but it is what it is.

SUCCESS !

I had a similar problem to what you had!
    Make a macro that says:
    /click ActionButton2

and have the second button on your bar be Holy Word: Chastise
    this will work for healing addons, such as VuhDo, just type the name of your macro into the addon

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Answered my own question through trial and error. The traditional
    "#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Holy Word: Chastise; Holy Word: Chastise" mouseover macro works universally, but only if you have another copy of chastise on your bar with no macro.
    It doesn't need to be used, it just needs to be there.
    Odd glitch but it is what it is.
    It works, but the tooltip doesn't reflect the Holy Word change, no need to show the tooltip then. Also, the un-macroed Holy Word spell doesn't need to be visible (at least for me(shift-up where my dmg spells are))

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine to work today. I made a macro that said /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Holy Word: Serenity and named it Serenity. On my action bars, I just have the regular button for holy word: chastise. I bound one of my mouse keys to the macro name and it works just fine. The mouseover stipulation needs to be there bc it will automatically self cast if you don't have it in there.