Switching back to Prot, a few questions

Heya, I'm about to switch my MS on my warrior back to prot. I had a few questions.

1. Whats a decent expertise rating to start ICC out with (10 man)?

2. Will I need to be hit capped before starting ICC/is it worth gemming for (I realize in higher level guilds where you have amazing DPSers you'll need hit cap/really high expertise to maintain aggro, but for now, Im just going to be starting)

3. What 4 piece of t10 am I going to want to go for with what offset, or is it flexible. For instance, I know on my bear the optimal setup is the chest as the offpiece filling in with the sack of wonder.

4. Are the crafted pieces any good/will I hold on to them very long (ICC patterns)?

5. I would assume you don't use PvP pieces in PvE like bears, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks. Any help much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrandion View Post
    Heya, I'm about to switch my MS on my warrior back to prot. I had a few questions.

1. Whats a decent expertise rating to start ICC out with (10 man)?
    It's not really as important stepping into ICC for the first time, you're focus should be on increasing your effective health.

2. Will I need to be hit capped before starting ICC/is it worth gemming for (I realize in higher level guilds where you have amazing DPSers you'll need hit cap/really high expertise to maintain aggro, but for now, Im just going to be starting)
    I've never ever gemmed for hit and expertise, been using exp/stam gems when red socket bonus outweighs just throwing a 30 stam in it, but otherwise don't gem for it.

And you're plain wrong assuming tanks in high end guilds need to be hit/exp capped to maintain aggro. I've been running entire ICC25 Heroic with under 2% hit and no more than 11 expertise and I've never had any problems with threat (because of the initial trick and MD burst you get).

3. What 4 piece of t10 am I going to want to go for with what offset, or is it flexible. For instance, I know on my bear the optimal setup is the chest as the offpiece filling in with the sack of wonder.
    head/shoulder/chest/gloves and crafted legs seems to be the preferred setup. It'll give you the highest amount of effective health while benefiting from the 4p bonus.

4. Are the crafted pieces any good/will I hold on to them very long (ICC patterns)?
    As I mentioned the legs is a must, if you don't want to wait for decent boots, the crafted ones is also quite good if you have the defense for it.

5. I would assume you don't use PvP pieces in PvE like bears, but just wanted to make sure.
    No pvp pieces, ever.

Malm <Apex> @ EU-Al'Akir

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/malmlive

Deleted
    ^

Pretty much what that guy said. I wouldn't undervalue hit too much, though. Missing a taunt can be devastating... No pun intended.

1. Don't bother with expertise. It's a nice stat, sure, but I doubt you'll ever find yourself needing it.

2. Again, don't bother with hit. It's a nice stat, and capping it plus glyphing Taunt gives me that warm, safe feeling, but all in all you're better of with more survival stats.

3. The legs are the piece you should leave out. Get the crafted legs, they're pretty much BiS. When you're carrying the set in all 277s, I heard leaving the shoulders out is better.

4. Aye, the legs are great. The feet, if you can spare losing so much defense, sure. The feet from Dreamwalker 25 normal should be about as good or better, though.

5. True, you don't use PvP pieces, but you may want to consider using the PvP shoulder augment.

About PvP pieces... I remember a thread arguing about Arena shield... It wasnt SO bad, I think it was even better than the one in normal Lootshit chest, but I cant remember exactly. It has a ton of stamina, armor and a good chunk of resilience, helping you with crit immune cap.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51533

I wouldnt use it unless you have a really shitty luck on drops though Just wanted to mention that for the sake of it.
    You need 1800 3v3 or 5v5 arena rating + 300 arena points or so, I think.
    Last edited by Alianthos; 2010-08-22 at 01:56 PM.