Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Morning Coffee Chat

Good morning/afternoon/evening, friends.

I have but one simple question; What is it that keeps you playing World of Warcraft? Please, be specific.

I understand this topic is very general, but its just to spark a polite conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    New quests.

Quests are a million times more fun to me than raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Deleted
    im entertained, focused (raids and pvp), meet my friends, chatting and having great fun

Deleted
    gnomes

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    New quests.

Quests are a million times more fun to me than raids.
    What is it that you like about them? Is it learning the lore of the world through interactivity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well iv been playing this 'world' since 1991. Seen characters come and go. Seen the lore completely destroyed. But when it comes down to it, Warcraft as a whole has a great story to tell and its worth playing year after year.

that and im a dps meter whore . 27k saurfang? oh epeen win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question. I just enjoy all the aspects of the game, questing, raiding, professions, trying to find the perfect class for me. Im still having trouble deciding.

Friends.
    Leveling in BG's.
    Paladins.
    Golden Whirlwind.

Probably the social bit mostly but also to experience the first weeks after a new major patch has been released, when I´m like a child on Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    What is it that you like about them? Is it learning the lore of the world through interactivity?
    Everything, really. The only downside is that they can be tedious at times, which is more than what I can say about a raid.

Also, quests are where half of the humour and character lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Quote Originally Posted by arrive View Post
    Good question. I just enjoy all the aspects of the game, questing, raiding, professions, trying to find the perfect class for me. Im still having trouble deciding.
    I had that issue for the longest time. I basically had to ask myself what play style I preferred. I ended up with a Night Elf Hunter as my main from launch to Tempest Keep. I rolled a Tauren Warrior after that and played it until I quit.

Its rather cool that you enjoy most of the aspects of the game. A lot of people just prefer certain things, and forget about others. I know many people that HATE raiding, but spent around 60 hours a week PvPing, and vice versa.

---------- Post added 2010-08-22 at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfight View Post
    Probably the social bit mostly but also to experience the first weeks after a new major patch has been released, when I´m like a child on Christmas.
    You know, that has always made me laugh. When a major content patch its released, all of the players scramble to get on as soon as possible. It doesn't matter if the servers are down, they are at the login screen attempting to get in every five seconds.

I believe its all about discovering the content yourself before someone comes and ruins the surprise. Know what I mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, theres nothing at all which keeps me interested, i only play because i have nothing else to do and im a hard person to be around cause i like to argue.

i play it for boredom really, ive got 3 80s ( mage, Dk, paladin) and a 72 hunter, 70 rogue, 64 shaman, 62 warrior and 52 druid i could level, but i figured if i try to level them to 80, ill have 8 out of the 10 classes at 80, which is a sign of being an addict in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to get to the top, unfortunatly i dont have enough time to really get there
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    In all honesty, theres nothing at all which keeps me interested, i only play because i have nothing else to do and im a hard person to be around cause i like to argue.

i play it for boredom really, ive got 3 80s ( mage, Dk, paladin) and a 72 hunter, 70 rogue, 64 shaman, 62 warrior and 52 druid i could level, but i figured if i try to level them to 80, ill have 8 out of the 10 classes at 80, which is a sign of being an addict in my eyes.
    So, I take it you are just waiting for something else to come along and grab your attention a little better? I know what you mean about "playing for boredom." My best friend still plays for that reason. Its not that he genuinely likes it, its just that he can get on and do whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    So, I take it you are just waiting for something else to come along and grab your attention a little better? I know what you mean about "playing for boredom." My best friend still plays for that reason. Its not that he genuinely likes it, its just that he can get on and do whatever.
    yeah, as soon as something better comes along ill prolly go, im a hard person to please, i dont like people who backstab or bitch about others, thats why i have little friends, the friends i have at the moment are either people who take the piss out of others and themselves and have a laugh, or are generally "nice", i ditched my college friends cause they started bitching about others in the class and there was just no need, thats a reason why i play WoW, people know how to have a laugh and take the piss out of themselves and each other

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    yeah, as soon as something better comes along ill prolly go, im a hard person to please, i dont like people who backstab or bitch about others, thats why i have little friends, the friends i have at the moment are either people who take the piss out of others and themselves and have a laugh, or are generally "nice", i ditched my college friends cause they started bitching about others in the class and there was just no need, thats a reason why i play WoW, people know how to have a laugh and take the piss out of themselves and each other
    I feel you on that one. I had friends that loved to talk about people (including me) behind their backs. I really hate the people that treat WoW like a job or something. I think thats actually one of the biggest issues at the moment. World of Warcraft is a game. Under average circumstances, nothing you accomplish in-game will have any impact on your real life. I don't understand why people get on, treat the damn game like a life or dead situation, then bitch about people that actually have fun.
    Last edited by Kankuri; 2010-08-22 at 01:03 PM. Reason: speling erors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacty View Post
    Well iv been playing this 'world' since 1991.
    You've been playing wow longer than I've been alive.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    - the lore and quests related to that lore
    - low lvl bgs
    - learning all classes mechanics

Because it entertains me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacty View Post
    Well iv been playing this 'world' since 1991. Seen characters come and go. Seen the lore completely destroyed. But when it comes down to it, Warcraft as a whole has a great story to tell and its worth playing year after year.
    Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft on September 2, 2001.[7] The game was released on November 23, 2004.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_warcraft

First warcraft was released in 1994
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft:_Orcs_%26_Humans