Poll: PvP Weapons with Procs?

Would you like proc-effects on PvP Weapons?

The title says it all. Would you like it if weapons you got from PvP (Arena now, or Rated BGs come Cataclysm) sacrificed some raw stats for a proc, like Bryntroll or Black Bruise?

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    What if, instead of an RNG proc, you had weapons with activatable abilities?

The crux of my question isn't so much, "Is RNG good for PvP yes or no", that's a ridiculous thing to ask. Rather, I'm asking if other PvPers would enjoy, or would rather avoid, mechanics that change the game more noticeably than raw stats.

Say, for example, if you had a weapon on-use ability that did 50% weapon damage, on a cooldown of X second or minutes, activated when you needed it, on-demand, but in exchange you had to give up some stats.

Would that be something you'd like?
    Last edited by Athael; 2010-08-22 at 05:12 PM.

No, make them on use!

Generally pvp needs some more funny thnigies gear wise. All the set bonuses and stats the equipment give are boring like "+100 resilience". Woah. I would much prefer a proc set bonus rather than that.

Heck no. PvP doesn't need more RNG.

RNG is fun... when it's in your favor!

7 people so far are retarded
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    7 people so far are retarded
    Unsurprisingly, it's the majority.

At any rate, the last thing this game needs is more "omfg, we would've won if he hadn't gotten that healing proc at the last moment" or "omfg, we lost because I didn't get a single proc all game!"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is cool and stuff, but no
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
    YOU ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE CUP?

Everyone knows you should never any liquids, especially around computers. I keep a wetvac and absorbent towels handy in case I ever any liquids. If I ever coffee though, God help me, call 911 because I have more than computer issues.

TL;DR- Always the whole thing in a safe, dry place.

What if, instead of an RNG proc, you had weapons with activatable abilities?

The crux of my question isn't so much, "Is RNG good for PvP yes or no", that's a ridiculous thing to ask. Rather, I'm asking if other PvPers would enjoy, or would rather avoid, mechanics that change the game more noticeably than raw stats.

Say, for example, if you had a weapon on-use ability that did 50% weapon damage, on a cooldown of X second or minutes, activated when you needed it, on-demand, but in exchange you had to give up some stats.

Would that be something you'd like?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Become an engineer and shoot rockets imo. Proc's are stupid for arena. What if you are bursting and it doesn't proc vs a straight stat does x amount of dmg. When the proc happens you would want to burst, but not always viable. I'd rather just take the stat over a proc.

Didn't get enough Stormherald?

Why not just roll dice to see who wins?

Burst != Proc

Deleted
    Stormheralds everywhere think this thread is great.

Everyone else thinks you should never post again.

@ the only pertinent question in the OP, the quote. No, I would feel cheated out of more raw stats. I would rather do better, all of the time, than suffer a penalty when the ability was on CD.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2010-08-23 at 01:00 AM.

On use stuff would be awsome.. but procs suck for pvp. Unless its a proc you can have up pretty much all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    On use stuff would be awsome.. but procs suck for pvp. Unless its a proc you can have up pretty much all the time.
    if its up ALL the time its just a stat anyway.

Deleted
    enuf rng with berserking :P