Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    they're supposed to be situational, the fact that most of you are limiting either to "shadow pve" or "disc pvp" is stupid.

...sigh
    I think most of us discussing Inner Will know it's situational, but the problem is that the trade-off and cost of dropping the mana and GCD in PvE is questionable and dropping the armor bonus from Inner Fire for the 10% movement speed in PvP is also a bit iffy, especially in a world where Rogues will have a 1 minute CD on Sprint plus a few new gap closers and the pre-existing ones.

I don't think Inner Will is a horrible spell, but as it is and considering it a situational spell, I don't see many types of situations where I could see myself saying "We wouldn't have died if I had switched to Inner Will."

While I agree that this ability might need a bit of a buff, either baseline or in the Improved Inner Fire talent (if that talent should even be there, the Disc tree is kinda bloated as it is), I am very excited about it in general.
    I talked about it a bit in my post in the Holy Priest thread, and like I said there I don't understand why people seem so hostile towards this talent.
    As a Holy Priest I can totally see myself using this as a main "Inner" for fights, all depending on how harsh our mana constraints are going to be. The extra run speed is something that is always beneficial and since it will stack with enchants (at least that's what Blizzard have said) it's going to be a very nice boost. People that raid are already enchanting their boots with run speed to help them move out of/in to things during fights and that is considered, by some guilds/theorycrafters at least, to be a mandatory thing to have. So having more of that is not something I can see as ever being bad.

As for the switching on the fly aspect, that might be viable but I would feel more comfortable if it was something I chose before the fight depending on what type of encounter it is and not something I feel the need to switch back and forth between during combat. As a Holy Priest I will have enough new buttons to push without having to stance dance as well.

Also I would ideally like to have self buffs like these function like Paladin auras, in that they have no duration and you just choose which one you want active (I'm not saying that they should affect anyone but you of course).
    But that's probably a bit too much to ask.
    Last edited by Feigr; 2010-08-31 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiora View Post
    I think most of us discussing Inner Will know it's situational, but the problem is that the trade-off and cost of dropping the mana and GCD in PvE is questionable and dropping the armor bonus from Inner Fire for the 10% movement speed in PvP is also a bit iffy, especially in a world where Rogues will have a 1 minute CD on Sprint plus a few new gap closers and the pre-existing ones.
    I'm not thinking of situational as something you use for a few seconds, I'm thinking more along the lines of "Use Inner Will on boss X cause there's a ton of movement and mana is an issue" "Use Inner Fire on boss Y cause you'll take random damage"

Switching back and forth between the two just because a patch of fire sprouted up would be playing badly, because that GCD should be used toss a renew or somebody who just got bombed while your running out of the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiora View Post
    I don't think Inner Will is a horrible spell, but as it is and considering it a situational spell, I don't see many types of situations where I could see myself saying "We wouldn't have died if I had switched to Inner Will."
    The Heigan dance was a lot easier if you had a run speed enchant, same thing Sindrigosa. I could list out a ton of situations where a speed increase would be more useful than armor, and vice versa. Attempting to swap these out in the middle of a fight on the other hand .. doesn't sound like it'll work.
    Last edited by Nayt; 2010-08-31 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Huuuurrrrrrrrrrrr!

Deleted
    The animation looks pretty. And It will be handy for running back and forth to the AH.