Is Enchanting/Alchemy a stupid combo for money making?

since i dont have herbalism, would it be stupid to have enchanting/alchemy together? bc id be fored to buy herbs off of AH for profits on making potions

Not necessarily. It depends on your alchemy spec. Doing transmute cooldowns for people can make some really solid profit.

15+ Year Old Account
    enchanting would be your main driving force anyway i imagine, but alchemy is still solid for PvE and holding it's own in profit.

[QUOTE=SoulPoetry;8659773]enchanting would be your main driving force anyway i imagine, but alchemy is still solid for PvE and holding it's own in profit.[/QUOTE

IF you think Enchanting makes alot of gold you should try jewel crafting. Holy shit I made 6k in one day by just buying uncut gems and cutting them for a higher price. It's the best profession in the game but the only problem is it cost around 7k gold to get to 450 (Without mining)
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    IF you think Enchanting makes alot of gold you should try jewel crafting. Holy shit I made 6k in one day by just buying uncut gems and cutting them for a higher price. It's the best profession in the game but the only problem is it cost around 7k gold to get to 450 (Without mining)
    OP wasn't asking about JC... and anyone with a brain can make money, regardless of profession.

Deleted
    the more alchemist toons the better (thanks to transmute cds) alchemy combined with a real money maker profession like enchanting or jewelcrafting is a good start to make money.
    Last edited by mmoce1aa4380fc; 2010-08-24 at 12:26 PM.

if you want to make money all you do is make 6-7 alchemist more if you can ....and 1 jewel crafter with all the cuts ...there you are set for life ...during the height of WOTLK it was possible to make 2k gold / day with 10 mins worth of work ..it will be the same in cata

Quote Originally Posted by phantasus View Post
    the more alchemist toons the better (thanks to transmute cds) alchemy combined with a real money maker profession like enchanting or jewelcrafting is a good start to make money.
    wait.. what?

My professions are chanting/transmute Alchy. Transmute Alchy is the way to go hands down. People buy the hell out of my titanium bars (buy saronite ore cheap and smelt it then x-mute it)/primal mights/epic gems (never, never sell your epic gem transmute to someone. Always make a gem yourself to sell it!)

To answer your question, you don't need herbalism to make tons of gold from alchemy. Transmutes and/or making flasks from the mats on AH can easily make money, especially if you get a few good procs off the specialization.

As has already been pointed out, get a jewelcrafter too, and you can cut the gems before you sell them (you only need a few max-level recipes, runed cardinal ruby sells to all casters for a start). You'll be looking at making about 100g or more for 20 seconds of effort per day, or more if you play the auction house a bit and get good deals on the mats.

Maybe just drop enchanting and pick up herbalism and alchemy. Then level your alchemy all the way using your herbalism and then just drop herbalism and pick up enchanting.