What is up with crossroads raiding?

Ok the title says it all just wanted to add though what is the point of it on a pve server? Were barely any pvp action happens in small towns. I mean there is not a single achievement for raiding there and really no 80's there. While also if you do kill anyone they will mostly not give you honor. And im saying this from a server that has good 20 man raids on crossroads atleast once a day. Also if someone can answer the question of why people kill auctioneers in major cities and just camp them that would be good to. Also im not trolling or anything just wanting to know.

For funzies?

They`re just traditions I guess. I do laugh when the crossroads are under attack though, because I eagarly anticipate free honor from the attackers.

By the way, is there a Horde equivilent that we attack to bug Alliance?
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

Deleted
    id Imagine Westfall

The rare times I've played my Alliance, it seems the Horde equivalent has been Auberdine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainofpain View Post

By the way, is there a Horde equivilent that we attack to bug Alliance?
    Try going for Honor Hold. Whenever I'm in hellfire for whatever reason, some scrub(s) is attacking honor hold. Like it's some rite of passage for horde.

Funny part is that it's always some scrub in crap gear. Only decent attacker in months was a frost mage that actually had pvp gear. Can't say much about his skill since frost mages are utter faceroll against melee, so I can't really say a bad one from a good one.

Horde equivalent is Honor Hold as the person above me said..
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

Back in Classic when the TMill/SS conflict was happening there was also a conflict happening between Astranaar and Crossroads (though it wasn't as popular because of the distance between the 2). Even after BG's came out, 60's attacked crossroads because all of the high levels had to travel to the Barrens if they wanted to participate in WSG. The attacks on Tmill, SS, and Astranaar have died down but for some reason the alliance still enjoy attacking X-roads.

Also the reason why people kill bankers and auctioneers is just to piss people off.

crossroads raiding just seems popular among bored alliance, whether due to or oblivious of several small details:

-it's near ratchet, a place the alliance can repair and such. not too hard to get to as an alliance
    -it's right inbetween the top 2 horde capitals: org and thunder bluff. thus would be the most likely place to have the party crashed by several level 80's (in some raids, this provocation might be why they're doing it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I raid Goldshire or Southshore That or Stormwind in general. By raid tho I mean just me or up to 4 others max.

It's a tradition, nothing gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside that killing Mankrik for the umteenth time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Back in Classic when the TMill/SS conflict was happening there was also a conflict happening between Astranaar and Crossroads (though it wasn't as popular because of the distance between the 2). Even after BG's came out, 60's attacked crossroads because all of the high levels had to travel to the Barrens if they wanted to participate in WSG. The attacks on Tmill, SS, and Astranaar have died down but for some reason the alliance still enjoy attacking X-roads.

Also the reason why people kill bankers and auctioneers is just to piss people off.
    The alliance attacks crossroads because it's the most visited quest hub at that level, as all the races come to quest there. Orcs, trolls an tauren have no other choice but to quest there. The alternative would be to take a stroll to Silverpine Forrest and most new players don't even know how to get there nor do they have any real reason to go there. Therefore, Xroads is the easiest place to annoy the horde.

On alliance there isn't really such a place in the starting areas. Although many would say Westfall, that's not really true as only humans are strongly encouraged to quest there. The rest of the races have Loch Modan and Darkshore (Bloodmyst Isle as of TBC).

So I would say Honor Hold is the best place to annoy the alliance.

Deleted
    It's not happening as often now as it did 4 years ago, in some servers crossroads would get raided 50% of the day