Thread: Draenei Druids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    The Draenei we play come from space. That's pretty much the reason.
    With this kind of logic you could also say that Pilgrims came from the ocean. The indians saw them came from the water. But we all know they came from other countries. Dont be stupid. Draenei came from Draenor. They traveled through space to get here. /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    I demand draenei druids, ME WANT TEDDY TENTACLE BEAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler Ruin View Post
    If thats your reasoning for Draeneis not being able to be druids in azeroth then tell me how much sense it makes that my druid goes to Outlands and is still a druid.
    Game play reasons. Same reasons why forsaken dont get burned when casting or being the target of holy energies. Wont be much fun if you enter the dark portal as a druid and get a Cant cast that here type of error on all your spells.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    Draenei > Broken > Lost Ones.

We play draenei, uncorrupted eredar. The Broken have no druids, you're thinking of the Lost Ones, which are the most devolved version of draenei.

To give draenei the opportunity to become druids really wouldn't make much sense just because a lesser form of them have taken up the practice.
    I would argue that because a lesser form of the race can do it, the "better" ones should have no problem being able to master the skills required... for example: a 7 year old can tie his shoe, but an adult can't because he would have to become a 7 year old to do so. what?

if you don't like that example, how about this. a monkey can peel a banana, but a human can't because they'd have to be a monkey to do so. that's pretty absurd.
    Last edited by fizikz; 2010-08-26 at 05:25 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Tauren and Draenei are the least stealthy of all playable races. They cannot become rogues, because rogues are generally used to assassinate high ranked officers or tacticians of the enemy, those people are generally located in buildings where a Tauren or a Draenei can't make a stelathy assault, because he will be seen instantly because the clopping sound of his hoofs make on the ground.
    A tauren rogue would work in the outdoor open, but not indoor, rendering them almost useless.

Exarch Cyn is a draenei rogue NPC affiliated with SI:7 in Cataclysm. You have to kill her in one of the Goblin quests on the Lost Isles. The whole hoof argument has pretty much been debunked. The draenei and tauren don't have rogues because, as a society, they don't support the ideals and practices of the rogue class to an extent that would make them common enough to allow as a playable combination. They exist, but in the same way demon hunters exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Deleted
    We play draenei, uncorrupted eredar. The Broken have no druids, you're thinking of the Lost Ones, which are the most devolved version of draenei.
    This and the feralfen types were a one off like the lost one rogues, their weak understanding of things druidic came from the arakkoa, a race the draenei of azeroth have little to no relations with. That said its possible a few learned this in seclusion with them on outland, though I would not say this is grounds for druids being added as a class draenei players can roll, at least not yet.

That and you can imagine all the draenei pussy puns / jokes that would start over trade and such.

I don't really know druid lore, but doesn't it take like a lifetime of training and attuning to nature and stuff to become a druid? Or at least quite a long time?

Draenei have only been on Azeroth for about 3 years or so, so I guess they haven't had time to connect with nature on the planet. Or something.

Deleted
    They had plenty on outland when they lived alongside the same arakkoa who taught a basic knowledge of it to the feralfen, for this reason it is possible that some draenei druids do exist with them, but in seclusion. Hence being unavailable as a playable class for them because its only a theory.

As it was posted before, every race has at least one "odd-ball" where they take on training of different classes. Just because one did doesn't mean everyone can.

hahahahaha oh this...this thread is hilarious...tentacle cats and bears oh my!

To be honest, of the classes they don't have I think druid is the only one that doesn't go against current draenei lore.

Though no lore exists for it, I can easily see lore being created for draenei to pick up a form of druidism.