Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So I tanked heroic HoR with 26k hp in a 4 men group

inb4 "cool story bro"

So one of our guild druid got his druid alt to 80 yesterday (yip, he has 2 80 druids, on two accounts), so he decided he would rush the 3 icc5-men instances with his main feral drood and friends from the guild.
    Having my prot paladin who dinged 80 two days ago, I was wondering if I could join to leech some items, so I got in the group with a disc priest, a MM hunter and the two druids, one resto stuck on /follow and the feral. I thought they would have me on dps, but then I saw the feral change spec to feral dps, and joined TS to hear them say "go tank with your paladin, it'll be fun".

Needless to say, I am clearly unstuffed on this character, I got like 2 pieces of T9 232, a handful of blues ilv 175-200 and some bad 200 epics. Yet I know my job, and so do they.

We didn't use the lfg tool, we went to the instances in order to get in. Forge of Souls and the Pit of Saron went without any problem, thanks to Misdirect, and the ability of the feral to offtank when necessary.

And then we started HoR. We had the hunter and priest to CC every mage or hunter, and the druid sometimes used his cyclone when in trouble.
    We managed to kill everything without wiping once. The feral died a couple of times though (and his alt drood brezed him haha). I got my Wrist-chopper (yay), and we got a bundle of cloth and leather items for his alt drood.

tl;dr this is a message to everyone who told me "noob don't go tank in heroics before having 30k hp" having low tank hp doesn't mean you CAN'T do things, you just have to know what to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    the difficulty with having low hp is with the random dungeon finder, not your buddies. hc HoR has been cleared using ONLY blues, as seen on greedy goblin, so ofc it's doable.

who would want to heal a tank with 26k hp in a heroic? heroics at the moment exist solely to give me my two emblems of frost per day. i want that process to go quickly, and painlessly. yes, you can tank a heroic with 26k hp, but why would any healer elect to heal a tank like that?

tl;dr this is a message to everyone who told me "noob don't go tank in heroics before having 30k hp" having low tank hp doesn't mean you CAN'T do things, you just have to have a group that knows what to do.
    Fixed that for you.

Deleted
    I thought <Undergeared> did HoR in blues already?

Please don't see this as "omfg I did something AMAZING", this is exactly the contrary: it is NOT amazing. Yet too much people think it can't and shouldn't be done, and have been insulting me in usual randoms because I had "less than 30k hp".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool story bro...seriously, you want a fuckin cookie for your big accomplishment?

Oh, look at that, all thats left is crumbs...which is alright, because that's just about all you deserve for such shit.

Elysia's epic sig skillz

I've already tanked HoR as a Fury with a Holypaladin healing me...if you really want to do it there's always a way

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    who would want to heal a tank with 26k hp in a heroic? heroics at the moment exist solely to give me my two emblems of frost per day. i want that process to go quickly, and painlessly. yes, you can tank a heroic with 26k hp, but why would any healer elect to heal a tank like that?
    Why do you take a tank then? Just make a DD tank and your runs will be a lot faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    And because people like you, the "top end emblem from 5mans" should be removed. I hate the likes of you.

furthermore, why did you not have 245 and 264 crafted waiting to go for your tank? not like its expensive these days

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 09:07 AM ----------

furthermore, why did you not have 245 and 264 crafted waiting to go for your tank? not like its expensive these days
    So what is keeping you going back to those 5 man dungeons?

It's the end of the expansion. Chances are you were carried by people in full 264 gear. I'm not saying that you don't know what you are doing, but it helps when the healer is so geared that they can /wave at you and bring you from 10% to full. It basically sounds like some guildies who were hardcore raiders were taking you on gear runs. Grats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Oh, look at that, all thats left is crumbs...which is alright, because that's just about all you deserve for such shit.
    Win!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    It's the end of the expansion. Chances are you were carried by people in full 264 gear. I'm not saying that you don't know what you are doing, but it helps when the healer is so geared that they can /wave at you and bring you from 10% to full. It basically sounds like some guildies who were hardcore raiders were taking you on gear runs. Grats.
    Feral druid and disc priest were mostly in 264 yip, the hunter is a well-geared alt. And yes we were just wanting to have fun as guildmates, as the original intent was to take the alt druid on gear run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how much you have money. 10k for alt gearing would be impossible for me. Never had that much money, cba to "learn" how to play AH.

Now go queue up for HoR with randoms >.> good job btw, I hate tanking that place.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 09:07 AM ----------

So what is keeping you going back to those 5 man dungeons?
    Is it just me, or are you arguing with yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Depends on how much you have money. 10k for alt gearing would be impossible for me. Never had that much money, cba to "learn" how to play AH.
    Have never played the AH. You must be on one of the servers that doesn't run GDKPs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Cool story bro...seriously, you want a fuckin cookie for your big accomplishment?

You should see someone mate, you have real issues.

I tanked most of Naxx with 26K health.