Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For the record. I didn't quote myself. The forum put my two posts into one, since they were in quick succession.

Stop flaming already, guys -_-

I would say grats, but as a guild run, Vent use, good CC and Missdirect, i would say it's almost a walk in the park. These days, when people rage about HoR it's because neither of the four conditions quoted above are fullfilled, so you're just left with baddies that cant DPS or heal you, use any kind of CC and pull aggro on everything, like focusing the mage hard while you cant ever tank it from the distance.

Now go with LFG tool with the same Tankadin you have and random players. You will understand then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    furthermore, why did you not have 245 and 264 crafted waiting to go for your tank? not like its expensive these days

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 09:07 AM ----------

Mr seems to believe that everyone has 20K+ gold to gear a "let's play som' diff'rent" alt.

Well guess what? Not everyone does. And assuming we all do make you slightly look like a douche.

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    I tanked most of Naxx with 26K health.
    Which was the standard requirement at the time. 25K unbuffed. But yet most people want you to have 40K for heroics. It's quite sad really.

Well, let me just say this. Running with geared out guildies = ok to run hc HoR with <30k hp. Randoms....not so much. When you are using the rdf, you should be decently geared. Not ding 80--> spam heroics. Have guildies gear you up before using dungeon finder is all. I am not saying you should be 3k whgs, just not in quest greens

furthermore, why did you not have 245 and 264 crafted waiting to go for your tank? not like its expensive these days
    Those are actually designed for people who want to raid asap, players who just want to do 5-mans have no need in wasting gold on that stuff.

As to the topic: yesterday i became lvl 80 with my drood and went straight as healer to Trial of Champion nh ,and we had feral as tank ,who was ilvl 232-245 geared (ilvl 200 trinkets).First thing was he nearly died on first boss,he started yelling on me "why do i have to use my tank cds? ; you are so bad and so on". I sad chill out,look at my gear dude,lets go on and see if i can keep up.Needless to say everything else went smoothe,noone died.
    Black Knight dropped feral leather shoulders,i saw that tank has no need for them,and grabbed them.Last thing that he sad : "I dont want to do any further instances with that healer, he will ninja my gear.Noob" and after that he left instance.
    a cash cow is well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow. Cash cows are often 'milked' for developing, promoting, or supporting new or struggling counterparts.

Signs of a cash cow

* Product variations
    * Customer segmentation
    * Pricing flexibility
    * Cost reduction
    * Targets specific competitor

I love people who say both "droods" and "druids" both in a single post. You get a thumbs up!

P.S. Saying "droods" is dumb.

Deleted
    who would want to heal a tank with 26k hp in a heroic? heroics at the moment exist solely to give me my two emblems of frost per day. i want that process to go quickly, and painlessly. yes, you can tank a heroic with 26k hp, but why would any healer elect to heal a tank like that?
    Oh, I don't know, maybe to play the fucking game?! Seriously, healing a fully raid geared tank in heroics is dull, you know this, we all know this. I'd much rather heal a lowbie tank, at least then I might get to heal and the tank population gets a +1.
    People like you are why people don't bother learning to tank, it's bad enough to gear up, but when you get some fuck-chops like your good self is bitching about moaning at them for wasting your precious time, why the hell would they continue to put themselves through it? I didn't!

15+ Year Old Account
    cool so u had a guild grp that used cc instead of a pug that just dps's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Well, let me just say this. Running with geared out guildies = ok to run hc HoR with <30k hp. Randoms....not so much. When you are using the rdf, you should be decently geared. Not ding 80--> spam heroics. Have guildies gear you up before using dungeon finder is all. I am not saying you should be 3k whgs, just not in quest greens
    And what if i already did those heroics with T6,before Ulduar-release?And also did ToC + ICC instances on PTR? Do i still have to hit some ridicolous HP-Marks? I dont think so.
    a cash cow is well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow. Cash cows are often 'milked' for developing, promoting, or supporting new or struggling counterparts.

Signs of a cash cow

* Product variations
    * Customer segmentation
    * Pricing flexibility
    * Cost reduction
    * Targets specific competitor

Jin'do the Hexxer yells: GRATS!

No seriously, it's quite good, but as said before: it's a guild run with good cooperation and direction, that's pretty different from a random pug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevara View Post
    Oh, I don't know, maybe to play the fucking game?! Seriously, healing a fully raid geared tank in heroics is dull, you know this, we all know this. I'd much rather heal a lowbie tank, at least then I might get to heal and the tank population gets a +1.
    People like you are why people don't bother learning to tank, it's bad enough to gear up, but when you get some fuck-chops like your good self is bitching about moaning at them for wasting your precious time, why the hell would they continue to put themselves through it? I didn't!

couldn't have said it better myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Should people like the OP take a chill pill and pull Cairne's favorite tree trunk/ weapon thing out of their asses?
    Yes. Most definitely

So you ran with a disc priest that knew what he was doing and/or was overgeared. Congratulations.

who would want to heal a tank with 26k hp in a heroic? heroics at the moment exist solely to give me my two emblems of frost per day. i want that process to go quickly, and painlessly. yes, you can tank a heroic with 26k hp, but why would any healer elect to heal a tank like that?
    Maybe because those 2 frost emblems are no use to you if you have died out of boredom.
    Yes, it is fun to have a low geared tank once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    And what if i already did those heroics with T6,before Ulduar-release?And also did ToC + ICC instances on PTR? Do i still have to hit some ridicolous HP-Marks? I dont think so.
    Then I would have to say.....good for you? I was talking to the OP. I don't give 2 shits about what you can do.

1. Take off everything but your boots
    2. Go solo Sunwell
    3. Brag in /2 how awesome you are

yea we did airship with 8 man 1 healer. we are badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Cool story bro...seriously, you want a fuckin cookie for your big accomplishment?

Oh, look at that, all thats left is crumbs...which is alright, because that's just about all you deserve for such shit.
    This is fantastic.
    "The truth, my goal."

You must be really dumb.

Edit: No offense intended.
    Last edited by Lambiicuz; 2010-08-23 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevara View Post
    I don't bitch and moan when I get an undergeared tank in a random. Obviously some people in this thread have differing ideas of what playing the game is and what having fun is. Personally, I don't find it fun to heal a poorly geared tank during some part of the game that facilitates my raid progression - i.e. getting emblems of frost or emblem farming for gold etc. I guess I just don't find heroics fun. Others might, but my idea of fun in WoW is progression type stuff.

None of the new heroics are difficult most have been nerfed to a point where bosses can die in 20s or less and trash pulled in packs of 2-3 and aoe'ed to death. You want a tough instance? try 45m baron run in vanilla wow or pre nerf mechenar where tanks had 16k and the bots hit on tanks for 8k a time and one shotted cloth for 12-16k hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    I love people who say both "droods" and "druids" both in a single post. You get a thumbs up!

P.S. Saying "droods" is dumb.
    Typing droods is faster than typing druids and it means the exact same thing, you're dumb.