Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    MM will use Steady. Survival and Bm will use cobra. Blizzard has stated this.

Survivl mastery is inceased elemental dmg, hence they will use cobra shot. BM I guess gets some talents for it:P
    BLIZZARD IS NEVER WRONG.

*Never (tm) is a Blizzard trademark that means almost always.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Blizzard originally planned for there to be some damage hook talents in BM tree + CS was planned to be added to the list for Longevity... That was before they went with the 31pt talent tree overhaul though, so I'm wondering if they are just having trouble finding room for the hooks :-/ There IS still hope for CS to be added to Longevity though, since you only need to look as far as SV to see proof that they still haven't finished with major alterations/updates. (At least one talent still references Freezing Arrow in the beta SV trees, which is getting removed in favor of Trap Launcher.)

Rhumba seemed like a fun talent with strong dps potential per point spent, but it really boiled down to a passive talent which would result in a static dps increase in most cases. If Blizz saw the spec as having too many dps talents, I can understand why they would choose to cut Rhumba vs anything else for that reason alone. (Not to mention that by cutting a NYI talent they would be able to save time on having to implement in a non-buggy way. XD)

If by cutting Rhumba from the roster they are able to justify to themselves to finally add in the damage hooks and casting time reduction we were promised in the beginning, I would say that would be a good thing. ^^

I disagree with it just being a pure passive talent and that it wasn't game changing. I say this for both pve and pvp.

After 3 Cobra Shots you shot a snake correct?

In PvP if you're hitting on the healer and want the snake to add a bit of damage to the DPS then use a modifier to have it hit the focus target, so on ur 3rd shot, you'd have the focus have to deal with a snake. If it still did a dot or slowing movement (can't remember the exact wording) then it was game changing.

Same in PvE on LK for example, fire two Cobra on an add with the 3rd on LK to keep a poison and sting, venom and snake up on him to help keep more DPS flowing from more sources. I could be way off b/c I don't remember all the wording to Rhumba but it could have been changing if used this way. I'm not sure if it had to be 3 Cobra Shots on the same target or just shoot three in a row and the target that gets hit with the 3rd gets snaked.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

if the snake aspect of it ever worked on beta, ...that would have been cool. However Blizzard hastily took it out without actually testing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Rhumba were to stay it wouldn't be a choice, you'd just pick it up. It's too kick ass for it's own good.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

15+ Year Old Account
    According to me Rhumba was nothing special. I mean "ooh snakes comes and attack my target if I use multiple of this and that shot", it sound so special or not. Its almost a copy if the Death Knights Blood Worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrim View Post
    I disagree with it just being a pure passive talent and that it wasn't game changing. I say this for both pve and pvp.

After 3 Cobra Shots you shot a snake correct?

In PvP if you're hitting on the healer and want the snake to add a bit of damage to the DPS then use a modifier to have it hit the focus target, so on ur 3rd shot, you'd have the focus have to deal with a snake. If it still did a dot or slowing movement (can't remember the exact wording) then it was game changing.

Same in PvE on LK for example, fire two Cobra on an add with the 3rd on LK to keep a poison and sting, venom and snake up on him to help keep more DPS flowing from more sources. I could be way off b/c I don't remember all the wording to Rhumba but it could have been changing if used this way. I'm not sure if it had to be 3 Cobra Shots on the same target or just shoot three in a row and the target that gets hit with the 3rd gets snaked.
    Except it didn't work that way. I think you're under the assumption that after your third cobra shot there was some proc that changed the next shot fired into a snake instead, allowing you to fire the snake at another target if you so chose. When in actuality, it was simply a debuff applied to your target after you hit them with 3 cobras in a row. Essentially the debuff would dodamage any time the target the debuff was on would do any damage. The whole snake aspect would have been purely cosmetic. The gameplay mechanic would have been free extra damage on bosses (since they never stop doing damage) and a possible deterrent in pvp, as it might have theoretically made people hold off on an attack for a few seconds for the snakes to fall off (and if not, hey, at least they're damaging themselves in the process).

The way the talent was written wouldn't have changed the rotation at all, and it wouldn't have added any extra utility like you're describing. If it did, maybe it wouldn't have died prematurely, but as it WAS, it was just too passive to make the cut (or rather would have been too passive, it never did get implemented in the first place).

And I think that's getting to the heart of the matter - it would of needed new code.

I gotchya Cyph3r. I never actually got to see footage of it and it's been a long time since I read the the tooltip so I guess what I remembered and how I thought the concept was going to be implemented and how it really worked were two very different things. So yes I agree with you that it in no way changed game play. If it did actually shoot a snake at the target recieving the 3rd Cobra Shot in a row I think it could have been very game changing but if it was as you say, then good ridence. I'd like BM to be more then SerpS, KC, Cobra Shotx3 repeat til dead.

Wait..that's like BM now except instead of KC is MS...wait a tick...It's the same damn rotation! Oh well played Blizzard...well played.

Honestly I couldn't care less, I'm too busy celebrating the fact that Volley, the massive piece of shit ability that it is, is gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post
    if the snake aspect of it ever worked on beta, ...that would have been cool. However Blizzard hastily took it out without actually testing it.
    Yep. Blizzard said "hey, how can we cut time off of cata to push it out unfinished before Christmas?" and GC said "well, we neglected hunter talents, and managed to take some good ones like master marksman and kill them off. we could shave talents randomly from BM that we haven't bothered to code yet".
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Failed comment is failed bullseyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrim View Post
    Failed comment is failed bullseyed.
    It is very much posted, so no, not a failed comment.

I presume you meant to said 'fail comment is fail'.

I also would note that you failed by typing my login name instead of quoting my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    once they came out and said rhumba was gone, i came out and said fuck BM im going survival

It's not like shooting Snakes at people. It'd be a BM hunter communing with the wild and sending snakes after the person afflicted by 2 Steady/Cobra shots.. makes more sense (name wise) with Cobra Shot than Steady Shot.