Thread: Gear Score

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    And this is exactly what annoiys people. They want you to care for who they are, and not for gear. Because it would potentually be faster. In the end.. it's not. People will fail or leave even though their high "gearscore".

Tell me, are you one of those "oh you dont have the requirement only a guy here said you are good. Screw you your gear is bad we dont want to carry you" While hes probebly better than some of the other people you already got.
    I don't understand how so many people say that oh every single pug with bad gear that wants in a pug is better then people you have already. Although this may be true occasionally what the hell is wrong with you if the first thing you think when you see someone with shit gear is OMG HE HAS BAD GEAR HE MUST BE THE BEST PLAYER EVER I MUST HAVE HIM!!!
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Without reading all the answers:

You use GS but you know its limits. You know it doesn't measure skill but only gives you an idea on how a character can/should perform. As a raidleader GS helps a lot making your "who do i pug now?" faster. You seem to use it with your brain and not only looking at the number, checking characters if they have a low GS to see if they're ok, gemming/enchanting/speccing right but simply having lower item levels is often a good sign.

TL;DR there should be more raid leaders like you on every server. Keep up your good work.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin1344 View Post
    I don't understand how so many people say that oh every single pug with bad gear that wants in a pug is better then people you have already. Although this may be true occasionally what the hell is wrong with you if the first thing you think when you see someone with shit gear is OMG HE HAS BAD GEAR HE MUST BE THE BEST PLAYER EVER I MUST HAVE HIM!!!
    I lol'd.

But yeah, pretty much what you said. I like to assume all my consistant puggers are great because we have been doing hard modes since the buff was 15%. Back then of course my requirements were higher, but since 30% is around even someone in full pvp gear at 5.6k gs pulls 8-10k if they do their shit correctly.

I have to say that I was sceptical when I first read your thread but you made some strong points. One thing thougb is that GS affects every class different. Lets say like this. On my mage which has an easy learning curve GS comes together with your damage output as long as you know what you're doing.
    But on the other hand you got the healers, I can only say something about priests but anyhow...
    Healers aren't affected as much from gearscore as others are, some paladins runs with a lowlvl libram because it's BIS for them and other need to adjust their gear for output to mana regen.

So I completely agree that GS is a tool that should be used by the player with knowhow. But to bluntly deny healers is a bad thing. I have seen healers with 4000gs outheal and outlast healers with 5000. There is the same with dps, but the one with the higher gearscore doesn't have to strugle that much to gain some dps, because most of them have set rotations.

TL/DR
    GS is a great way to measure DPS and Tanks, in my opinion.
    Healers, rely more on the situation.
    Happy troll since 2005

You're pugging LD 25 HM? Interesting. Congrats if you are. That's definitely off on the normal scale of progression through 25 HC

I generally don't take people below 5k for ICC just because I want the raid to go fast, but I find achievements, actual experience (whether from different characters or watching vids) and correct gearing is more important when it comes to recruitment by a long shot. Always be open minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori View Post
    You're pugging LD 25 HM? Interesting. Congrats if you are. That's definitely off on the normal scale of progression through 25 HC

I generally don't take people below 5k for ICC just because I want the raid to go fast, but I find achievements, actual experience (whether from different characters or watching vids) and correct gearing is more important when it comes to recruitment by a long shot. Always be open minded.
    Never really looked up how to progress through ICC 25 HM, our rogue wanted heroic heartpeirce, so we looked up the strat, tried it a few times, wiped a few times, eventualy downed it, didn't drop the first time but it wasn't that hard, so we just kept going with it :P Thats pretty much how we started all of our hard modes except loot ship.

Why? Whats the normal hardmode progression?

While I despise any scoring addon for reasons I will not go into for the meantime, I do appreciate that you are one of the minority who use it as a supplement to inspections, and not relying purely on members with large numbers.
    My view on it will not change, but congratulations on at least being different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    You see this is exactly true. It is pretty easy to see if people are working hard on their class. Because when they are, you as a RL don't have to worry about their gs. Simple as that, but that is not always the case. 9 out 10 people I talk with that have an issue with me not bringing undergeared/underplayed people in my raid are in fact undergeared and underplayed toons that want to stand around screaming skill with their hands out for 264 loot to replace their 178 greens and 200 blues.

The people above screaming 5.5/5.6 gs can be had with badge gear and 5 mans I have a question for you. Why is it so hard if it is as easy as you claim to get those gear levels for a decent raid leader to make that the min of gs before he/she lets you into a 25 man ICC? Would that not be fair to the other 24 people in the raid? It actually sounds to the complete opposite of being greedy or selective by a RL's standpoint for you to even ask to come in the raid with less than a 5k gs by the standard YOU just pointed out.
    Hey guess what he does 25 HEROIC ICC not regular. He said he lowers his requirements to 5.2 for regular. Read the thread before you post next time.
    Last edited by Assassin1344; 2010-08-23 at 04:51 PM. Reason: typo
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive. But what it hides is far more important
    Haha win! (my feeling about this precisely ^^)

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I have low gearscore and i can't get into raids, silly pug leaders i have mad skillz. I should get a guild or something lololol
    /smile
    Last edited by mmoc38391efbc6; 2010-08-23 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Herple berrys

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Oh look.

Another GS thread.

-.-
    o looks another person who just read the title and then tried to up his post count.

OT: you're doin' it right! i wish my server had more level minded people like you
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

Deleted
    I thought we were past the whole GS thing? At least on my server nobody speaks of it anymore.. Jesus.

Hmmm, I remember the day of asking people for their stats and spec :P
    "Do you have a PUT HANDS ON PEOPLE spec?" - Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Priestion View Post
    Hmmm, I remember the day of asking people for their stats and spec :P
    GS tells me your stats in 1 set of 4 numbers, not 4 sets of 4-5 numbers.

Also I think some people misunderstand what I do when I make those exceptions. Those that I let in that have just awful gear is a rare exception, usually 3+ people reccomending them. Puggers don't reccomend random awful friends either, because they know I'll just not take their word for it next time. The raiders aren't getting slapped in the face when I bring in someone low a low GS because other then a few hard modes, we could probebly just 20 man most of ICC. I mean, the group started at 5%, downed LK at 15%, once your at 30% you can sacrifice a spot or two (we still want to get this done fast so I'm not bringing 4-6 undergeared people in) so we can gear out a good person or two, have them become regulers, become friends, so we can do the same thing as soon as cataclysm ships, everyone in the group thats a regular already knows the plan. No one in the raid really wants to join a new guild and in my opinion it is an unnecessary pain, thats pretty much why we PuG. Who knows once cata ships and guild perks come out.

All in all, no one in the group really minds at all if I bring an undergeared player or two. We all know we can get a full raid in the coming weeks, full with regulars with 6k+gs so we can down all the hard modes.

It's your raid group, if the majority of your raid doesn't mind, i see no problem in using GS, especially for challenging content like ICC and hardmodes.
    I just don't like it when GS is required for things like Malygos, or heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by piggyahoyhoy View Post
    It's your raid group, if the majority of your raid doesn't mind, i see no problem in using GS, especially for challenging content like ICC and hardmodes.
    I just don't like it when GS is required for things like Malygos, or heroics.
    or the typical "LFM ICC10 4/12 bring 5.8GS+"

Deleted
    Doesnt GS fu*k up your data traffic (if others have it in your raid and have it on while killing a boss [makes lower performance computers crap *lag/ dc* and stuff like that)], false or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Adonael View Post
    Doesnt GS fu*k up your data traffic (if others have it in your raid and have it on while killing a boss [makes lower performance computers crap *lag/ dc* and stuff like that)], false or not?
    Not that I know of. It doesn't really do anything unless you are hovering over someones portrait or using /gs.

I wish that everyone had enough brains to use GS correctly like the OP does. But this is WoW sooo....

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    or the typical "LFM ICC10 4/12 bring 5.8GS+"
    Sadly this is true, I've also seen junk like that. It's horrible when people complain and bitch about the game being so easy and then they want to faceroll everything.

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nannerpuss View Post
    well gs is a suggestion because if im a 6k gs tank i should be good because i tanked that many bosses but what if its my os and i heal and my guild has it on farm so you should ask for ach and os too
    Ok, first of all- punctuation!

Second of all, achievements don't do anything. Anyone can be carried one time and then they have that "magical" achievement.

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I thought we were past the whole GS thing? At least on my server nobody speaks of it anymore.. Jesus.
    What server is that? Must move to there!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in