Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    L2P your hunter, gemming Agi as MM is vastly superior to Arp until u actually have good enough gear to support it, which is when u have around 800 Arp from gear only (mostly full ICC25 Arp heavy items)

And on topic, GS will never turn into something good, just don't see it happening
    I am incredibly disappointed at the community's inability to see the difference between a bad tool and a misused tool. Just because people misuse GS, that doesn't make GS itself a bad thing.

Hate the player...not the game.

While gearscore does provide a general idea regarding the equipment of the player, it does not and will not ever tell you how good the player is. Do you want the Ebayer in full ICC 25 hc gear who does nothing but autoattacking and occassionally tap his keyboard with his nose, or do you want the alt of a hardcore raider with lots of experience who just managed to get full T9 on THIS toon and doesn't want too swich to his main to prove to you that he has the required achivements as he knows very well that the spot will be gone in but a moment?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    I am incredibly disappointed at the community's inability to see the difference between a bad tool and a misused tool. Just because people misuse GS, that doesn't make GS itself a bad thing.

What do you think would happen with this addon anyhow. Ofc people are gonnen make a standard of what GS is good and what is bad. comparing to the gearsscore of each item. That's just what this addon was made for. i'm disappointed that you havent figuered out already that this is a bad tool that people misused.

type /gs on targeted person you can see their raid exp...and Armory = shows it too...just take time making a pug instead of rushing and failing @ plagueworks..

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, GS -and all add-ons of this class- , were created to indicate to PuG leaders how good someone is. The point is that some of them misunderstood the whole idea and used the addon to only measure the equipment - not the ability to use wisely the jelly thing u have between ur ears.

What's my solution to this problem?

Find a decent guild or arena mates, PROVE them how good u are in playing ur class and let the rest flow.

Bad tool, missused tool? It's the same thing really. I can truely (spelling?) say that I have NEVER seen GS used at it "was ment to be". Beacasue of this, I have completely given up pugging. If I wanna raid with my alts, I join one of the "scheduled pugs" created by alts of members of respectable raiding guilds on the server, ppl who dont give a shit about GS, but care about your knowledge of the game / your class, your ability to communicate on VT, your guild-tag etc.etc

THe very few times I join a pug, I always end up bashing my head against the wall in frustration becasue of the sheer stupidity and complete failure that 95% of "Your averrage pugger" performs.

I mean, this game is NOT hard, it's VERY EASY to learn all the classes and how to gear/specc/play them. "I am casual" is no fucking excuse for being BAD. It's just stupidity and lack of brain power.

Im sorry that the last part turned into QQrage, but just the thinking of all the pug frustartion I have gone through over the years possessed my hands and started typing^^
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Maybe GS should just keep a record of their DPS and how many times they stand in fire, and use those numbers to compute a score.
    Just another random troll.

It's stuff like GS that made me give up raiding.

I don't know my GS, someone once said it was 4.6k or something.

I can't count the number of times i've finished a heroic with something along the lines of "Damn, I haven't seen 6k GS tanks do what you can do."

GS prevents bad players from getting better and is used as a tool for asshole players. It ought to be disabled by Blizzard - unless they want to see their game fall even further out of the limelight. It's elitism and tools like that that ruin the game for the players who just want to enjoy themselves.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyInc View Post
    What do you think would happen with this addon anyhow. Ofc people are gonnen make a standard of what GS is good and what is bad. comparing to the gearsscore of each item. That's just what this addon was made for. i'm disappointed that you havent figuered out already that this is a bad tool that people misused.
    Wrong. Having a way to assign an objective, numerical value to one's gear is in no way a "bad tool." In fact, it is an excellent tool...one of the many tools a raid leader or guild master has at his/her disposal to evaluate potential recruits. The problem that many have with it is not the tool itself, it is that many have used it as the ONLY tool with which to evaluate other players.

So, again, the problem is not the tool...it is that it has been misused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soadnation View Post
    Like hunters wearing t10 hea, t9 shoulders, and than having non tier ilvl264 items in the other slots.
    It's called getting lucky on a few drops and not getting carried to 4pc T10.

Unless you're talking about a mess of non-hunter gear, in which case, you're right.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    It's called getting lucky on a few drops and not getting carried to 4pc T10.

Unless you're talking about a mess of non-hunter gear, in which case, you're right.
    No, i think what he means is that people are puting on inferior i264 non-tier instead b/c the T10 is only i251. This, purely to pump up their GS a few extra points.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post

bad tool or misused tool, still have the same effect they ruin the game!

Well, the only problem with Gearscore is that people have become too dependent on how players are skilled by using this one function. I personally do not use it or support it - Of course I agree it can be used as a guideline of the persons gear levels. However it long passed that stage to a point where you must have gearscore to be skilled within the game.

Also like others have said ElitistGroup already does that one. Well thats my daily Gearscore rant done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythious View Post
    It's stuff like GS that made me give up raiding.

I don't know my GS, someone once said it was 4.6k or something.

I can't count the number of times i've finished a heroic with something along the lines of "Damn, I haven't seen 6k GS tanks do what you can do."

GS prevents bad players from getting better and is used as a tool for asshole players. It ought to be disabled by Blizzard - unless they want to see their game fall even further out of the limelight. It's elitism and tools like that that ruin the game for the players who just want to enjoy themselves.

Are you that guy that tries to do For the Horde achievement as a level 12 hiding among a raid of 80s?

You are all fail puggers.

I was once a raid leader of a pug and I /gs'ed all the players I invited requirement was icc10 5k gs, a kingslayer joined and we pugged till Sindra icc10HC on my server, which is mostly impossible since server first ICC10 HEROIC have been done a month ago, just to tell you our "progession"

Just go on the /gs tab and you will see the % of his spec(gem wrong etc) also times they have killed bosses.