Thread: carbonite

carbonite

do i have to pay for this now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Well after the horse died a few started to kill a new horse and then people came back to beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68
    Now, if you said "In my opinion", I would have no argument with your statements; however, you have chosen to include me in a blanket of disillusioned, unmotivated, and/or poorly skilled players because I am not in a 25-man raiding guild, by virtue of your assumption of truth that could not be farther from it.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipT View Post
    Whaaat dooo youu meeeean?

Seriously, what do you mean?
    I think it's a mod that's like questhelper.

No, carbonite is still free. You can donate if you want too, but on the page where it offers to let you pay just hit download now at the bottom.

They tried to make people pay before and wow crushed them for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by niehan View Post
    I think it's a mod that's like questhelper.
    Hmm... I failed hard.

Wrong forum, but no you dont have to pay for it. It would be stupid for Carbonite to force you to buy their product when there are so many other free quest helpers out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carbonite is a free addon, you just get an option to donate to the publisher

Deleted
    People paying for addons also violates Blizzards terms-of-use.

On a side-note, Blizzard is including its own quest-helper in 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

Theres already one in the game now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

It is against the ToS for people, other then Blizzard, to charge for Mods or anything else used in game. The people who make the Mods can ask for donations on their sites but can not offer premium pay versions of those Mods and the Mods can not prompt you with in game messages asking for donations.

Edit: Haven't seen the Beta quest-helper but the one in game now sucks and I can't imagine it's gotten much better. The map and way-point systems in Carbonite is light years ahead of whats in game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

Like the current one? Or the blizz in game Equipment manager? Lol blizz makes a great game (most the time), but half ass addon copies. Carbonite and Quest Helper blow the in game away. Outfitter still offers SO much more.

Deleted
    As i saw the name i tought of it as a new metal in cata, and then i tought: Pimp my ride!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    No, carbonite is still free. You can donate if you want too, but on the page where it offers to let you pay just hit download now at the bottom.

They tried to make people pay before and wow crushed them for it.
    Zygor is still operating. I know they claim the addon is free and your paying for the text guides that the addon uses to run, but I couldn't find where to download the addon itself without paying for it so it still seems to be breaking the rules to me.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Zygor is still operating. I know they claim the addon is free and your paying for the text guides that the addon uses to run, but I couldn't find where to download the addon itself without paying for it so it still seems to be breaking the rules to me.
    Torrents FTW. The newest version is actually pretty nice and yeah, I feel no guilt for stealing it since its such a ripoff anyway and probably against the rules for them to charge

its not made just for its questhelper parts there is more to it...
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    As i saw the name i tought of it as a new metal in cata, and then i tought: Pimp my ride!
    same here